1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'New Members Welcome' started by Siloam, Feb 10, 2015.

1. My name is John
    I live in Virginia
    I have been a Christian since my senior year in High School, and am now almost eligible for Social Security.

I have had Christian training and bible study through several denominations, mostly on the more fundamental side, but I have rejoiced with brothers with other viewpoints. Much of my life has been spent away from formal churches, but I have always had an active prayer life and studied the Bible, and been both challenged and blessed by books concerning aspects of Christian life.

Like most, I have had, and continue to have personal challenges. In looking back, the most hardest challenges created the greatest blessings, even though there were many tears along the way.
    I am looking forward to being a member and hope to be a blessing as well as receive blessings.

I love pointed quotes. I will close with one that is admittedly taken out of context, but is applicable to a Bible study board:

When puzzled, it never hurts to read the primary documents.
    -- Stephen Jay Gould
    Cturtle, Cinderella8 and Abdicate says Amen and like this.
  2. Welcome to CFS.
    I'm sure you'll settle in quickly.
  3. John, good to have you join this site! I enjoyed reading your introductory hello--the information as well as your writing style. I perceive wisdom. Well done!
  4. Welcome to CFS! looking forward to learning from your experiences :D
  5. Greetings, John. I think you'll like it here.
  6. Welcome John, may the Lord richly bless your time here!