Hello from a newbie!

Hello from a newbie!

Greetings and salutations in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ;

May you be in heaven hours before the devil knows your dead, ha ha.

First I wish to thank those responsible for such a wonderful, world wide ,discussion platform.
The LORD says come let us reason together, prove that which is good for many false prophets are expected in these last days.

Here we are given a chance to compare ideas,not just blind faith.

40 years ago I drowned in a river and after being revived vowed to find God.

Three years later after attending Catholic church , Evangelical church, joining the charismatic renewal, born again movement, J W's asked me to leave because I smoked
sot of.
So I kept searching, till I was back in the hospital and in the bed next to me was a man that read the Bible every day of his life.
He claimed to have read it 77 times. He said his father taught him and his father before for hundreds of years back.
He claimed to be related to the Hugenots and the Waldenses who were burned at the stake in the dark ages.
He saw me with my Bible and asked if anyone showed me how to read the Bible.
I assured him I had read the Bible often and preceded to impress him with my Bible wisdom.
Then he asked if I had read it like a book, cover to cover,with the help of a teacher, in the order God intended. Well I answered not really. So we began a three year journey together , he the teacher me grasshopper, ha ha .

The first time through took 1 year aprox three hours a day. Some times 8 hrs when
we couldnt stop talking. What a shock to my psyche when I had to relearn so much I thought I knew. Truly one can not understand the new testament until you understand the old testament was the basis of his teaching.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

His favorite verse that he pounded into my head .

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. His number two verse that became a war cry if I didn't prove with scripture what I was saying.

After three months I was re- baptized into the all saving name of the Lord Jesus Christ, as an adult following the command he said, Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel, those who believe and are baptized shall be saved.

Since then I became a Pastor, Sunday School Teacher, On line Bible teacher of the Old Testament, Speaker on history of the Bible. Personally I read 4-6 chapters a day of the Bible in order as a book, for the past thirty five years aprox. 50 times I lost count.
I have 1,123 Bible students following my blogs each week. History of the old testament.
Free of course. Our studies center around the original Hebrew language so a small course in basic Hebrew is our starting place.
Our modern computers show you the Hebrew words instantly upon request.
Anyone can learn keys to under standing the scriptures. These are non-denominational,
carefully eliminating any reference to any religion. This really sounds like an add sorry
but they asked what I do.
Notice I didn't put in any website , or contact us information.

Sin cerley Craig

Oh No, another Canadian .... Ha ha ..... Just kidding . Welcome to the forum .

Very interesting post . Thanks

squirrel-welcome-0908.gif
to the forum Joshua888 ....love Jane

Welcome (again) to the forum Craig

hope you enjoy your stay . and look forward to seeing what your perspective will add to the mix .

God bless .

Back