1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Members Welcome' started by Kitty, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I am new here. So glad I found this place! I am a British expat living in Malta and everyone I know (apart from my father) makes fun of me believing in God and even though I love my friends, I find myself keeping quite so as not to cause friction and it's getting me down.

Just a bit of history about me, I was born and brought up a Roman Catholic by an Irish father and an Atheist mother (how's that for a combination! haha). I went through a period from about 15 years of age up until I was about 31 (I am on the verge of being 35 now eeek!), dis-believing and also suffering from depression through those years. I have never sought medical treatment for depression, instead, I spoke to my Dad - eventually. He gave me a bible - just a small pocket one he had - which I refer to every now any then but haven't read in it's entirety yet, and I started to pray at night again, which I hadn't done since I was a child, and I FINALLY started to scrabble out of that big black hole whose top had eluded me for so long. I truly believe that this is what has made me flick that black dog off my shoulder.

I like rock music, have bright red hair and have tattoos (which I love because every one tells a story and I will never regret because, how can you regret the story of your life?), so because of this, my appearance, when I speak about God or Christianity, my friends give me those 'are you serious, you idiot?' kind of looks.

So this is me. Kitty. I am who I am and I love (almost haha) who I am. Hello.