Heaven Is For Real

My question is why is it that Christians ban together against Noah, and not this movie? In my opinion this movie does more damage then Noah.

They claim heaven is for real is a true story, even though it's unbiblical and leads people away from biblical truth. Why do Christians expect perfect alignment with scripture when a non believer is telling the story, but then no one says a word at all the inaccuracies when a "believer" tells the story. At least the movie Noah acknowledged it wasn't accurate

"
"The film is inspired by the story of Noah.

While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide.

The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis."

This is why I believe Heaven is for real does more harm, because people are believing it's accurate and has some biblical truth to it. When in reality it does not, but the majority of people that go to see this movie probably never read their bibles.

So I went and saw this movie last night. It honestly was a really good movie! Even my dad who is not religious liked it!

I've come to really believe in Colton Burpo's story. His story is closely tied with Akiane's story, and her painting of The Prince Of Peace resembles the Jesus Colton saw in heaven.

Do you believe all of this? Is this all just imagination, demonic hallucination, or spiritual revelation?

Even if you don't believe I highly recommend the movie!
I can't wait to see it! It seems there have been a lot of faith-based movies lately. Yes, there may be inaccuracies in some. However, I much prefer these kinds of films over the classic Hollywood nonsense that is filled with sex, drugs, and other forms of debauchery!

My question is why is it that Christians ban together against Noah, and not this movie? In my opinion this movie does more damage then Noah.

They claim heaven is for real is a true story, even though it's unbiblical and leads people away from biblical truth. Why do Christians expect perfect alignment with scripture when a non believer is telling the story, but then no one says a word at all the inaccuracies when a "believer" tells the story. At least the movie Noah acknowledged it wasn't accurate

"
"The film is inspired by the story of Noah.

While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide.

The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis."

This is why I believe Heaven is for real does more harm, because people are believing it's accurate and has some biblical truth to it. When in reality it does not, but the majority of people that go to see this movie probably never read their bibles.

I haven't watched it yet. What parts of it are unbiblical?

I wonder if some would think that the Apostle John was imagining fiction in his mind when he wrote the Book of Revelations?
Did not Jesus say, "unless a man be born again he can not see the Kingdom of God"? If we are suppose to be looking at the things not seen, what exactly are we supposed to be seeing? If we have already been raised and are sitting on the right hand of God in Christ, shouldn't we think we be experiencing his Kingdom now? How about Paul having visions and revelations of Jesus Christ, was that just some imaginations on his part? If the Bible tells us to come boldly to the throne room of grace where exactly is that? I guarantee it is not of this world.

I am sure we are closer then ever before to the rapture or the coming of Christ for his Church. These things which we are hearing is just fulfilled prophecy coming to pass right before our eyes. I do not see it strange that they are happening now, I rejoice that they are happening and God is no respecter of persons upon whom he chooses to reveal himself.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

I am sure we are closer then ever before to the rapture or the coming of Christ for his Church. These things which we are hearing is just fulfilled prophecy coming to pass right before our eyes. I do not see it strange that they are happening now, I rejoice that they are happening and God is no respecter of persons upon whom he chooses to reveal himself.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
How do you mess up spelling Joel three times in a row? lol

Back