Heart of the Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul would have ministered healing to Trophimus, and Trophimus would have appropriated the healing he had received in the atonement. He came back to join Paul in Jerusalem later. Meanwhile, Paul had to get going.
Would've? Assuming his motives?? Lol

Yes he did. Trophimus may not have humbled himself and repented of sin or he didn't believe. There was nothing left for Paul to do. There is NO promise of God for immediate instant healing, only the promise of healing. Jesus over and over said "let it be done as you believe". Instant healings happen, it's just not a promise to be instant because we doubt and must increase our faith to actually obtain. Sicknesses come from sin giving the devil the right to execute judgement. That's not changed since established by God. Whatsoever a man sows, that is what he'll reap. Sow to the flesh you reap corruption. Sow to the spirit and of the spirit you reap life. It's not a hard concept really if you don't theologize everything to uselessness. Everything is in balance and every objection to this teaching is in the extreme. Since one wasn't healed immediately, ALL healing is fictitious then they say. That's what all these objections are about. Due 28 spells it out. It is continued throughout the scriptures. But we in Christ do not need to remain there! Yes, we get sick, but we don't have to live there! Deal with the sin, repent and be healed. That's God's promise! You're wanting to dismiss the promise rather than understand why it's not working. Doubt is sin. "Trying" is sin. Speaking negative is sin. The Kingdom of God is taken by violence. So fight for it! Be the soldier God wants you to be! Live free of sin as Jesus commands. Then you'll have long life and prosper. That is God's promise.
May have not humbled himself??? How can you make such an arrogant statement? You have no idea to make a statement like that..

Wow, all the bickering with the words of flesh, I wonder, who is right? Is God being exalted?

Our spiritual walk is hindered when the flesh gets involved.

Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to wrath. Amen.

God is watching; He is hearing; He knows all about it.
If we kept those 3 things about God before us, instead of behind us, we may understand what comes out of the mouth is what defiles the man.
Let our conversation become the gospel of Christ.

Man has tamed every animal; but the tongue has no man tamed. With God, all things are possible.
Do you know Him? What is consuming your heart? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
What is your mouth speaking? blessings or cursings?
All praise glory and honor be unto God. Amen

A thorn in the flesh is a nagging pain. It is a steady reminder to self that obedience is key to finding favor with God; least a greater curse come upon me through my disobedience.
When we do, what we should not do, and don't do, what we know we should do, there is consequences for our actions. We have delivered our own self before the Judge.
What! now I WANT to cry about my thorn? Did I not believe the Word? Maybe I did not fear God properly and now I do. And maybe that thorn is God's thorn that keeps me in His righteousness, not my own. A constant reminder, my life is not my own (go do what I want, when I want, with who I want), I gave my life to Him, for Him to use for His will and His glory.
Many are missing the mark. They come to God in selfishness, wanting the abundance of this life; God will bless us with our heart's desire, and if we settle for these treasures, we have our reward. We can not serve God and mammom.
Many are called, but few are chosen. Amen

According to the Hebrew idiom, the "thorn in the flesh" or the "thorn in the side" is always in reference to PEOPLE...not ailments, etc.

It really saddens me that so many choose to believe the lies of the devil and remain prisoners to him. Jesus died that we could be free from sin. By His actions we are free from sickness if we choose to investigate why/how they came. If you don't believe this then "by His stripes we were healed" is a useless verse in our actual lives. The faith to get us saved is the same that faith than can do the impossible - faith in God and His abilities and His promises. I hope some have received a blessing with this. I highly recommend you spend time in the word of God on this subject and listen to real life examples (including clearing out a children's ward of the sick) by Thurman Scrivner. God bless in your studies.

1 Corinthians 4:20 (KJV)
For the kingdom of God [is] not in word, but in power.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back