Heart and mind

Dusty

Inactive
Heart and mind

Why do you think God places such a premium on guarding the heart and mind.?

Proverbs 23: 7 ----- For as he thinketh in his heart , so is he.

Because the HEART is the centre of our feeling and the MIND is where our thoughts and imaginations are stored.

Isaiah 26: 3--- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee--- because He trusteth in thee.

2 Tim: 1-7---- for God hath not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of sound mind.

So that is why it is very important what we put into our minds because what we put in will be what will come out.

Hebrews 4:12

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

God judges our thoughts and the feelings of our hearts and nothing is hidden from Him. Everything is clear and lies open before Him.

Romans 12 :2 And be not conformed to this world ; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

Do you think that this "renewal" of your mind is something God can accomplish?

"Transformed"---- changed by the power of God.

Not if ....we are transformed by the power of God then we are conformed to the perfect will of God. Not even a person who reads God's word extensively, unless he is born again is not having a renewed mind.

Negative input can also be harmful as we are told to not think like the world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds-- to focus on the perfect will of God.

1 Chronicles 28:9

9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

God, in the story of Solomon is trying to teach us to serve Him---- completely. The Lord knows what is in everyone's mind. He understands everything you think so we must go to God for help to get our answers. He is the potter and we are the clay.

Transformed means "metamorphosis"

We can all relate to the ugly caterpiller than spins his cocoon and comes out a beautiful butterfly.
That's what Christ does for us when we accept.Him and we are transformed from the old man into a new creation.

We also have to surrender every part of our life to Him Daily. He wants us to be living sacrifices for Him. Holy and acceptable unto Him.

What is the mind of Christ ?

1 Corinthians 2 :16.... if we don't have the mind of Christ , we will not be able to teach others.

Corinthians 2:16 (New International Version)

16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"[a] But we have the mind of Christ

Abiding Principle

The command center of human nature is the mind. In order for God to santify our lives by confroming us to the likeness of His Son, He must have access to our minds and freedom to use His Word to change the way we think.

He who will not command his thoughts will soon lose command of actions.

----- Woodrow Wilson.

Abiding Principle

The command center of human nature is the mind. In order for God to santify our lives by confroming us to the likeness of His Son, He must have access to our minds and freedom to use His Word to change the way we think.

He who will not command his thoughts will soon lose command of actions.

----- Woodrow Wilson.

:amen:Girlfriend, you preaching me happy up in here!:dance:

Sheba:cool:

Hey Sheba..... You made me smile.:):):)

Yes this is the day that the Lord has made and He has set my feet to dancing. Praise God. !!!:dance::dance:

How is everything in Oklahoma ???? We are having a heat wave here 95 degrees today. I think summer just wants to hang around. Neat , I can still wear sandals.

Blessings to you my sister.

Back