1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Dusty, Oct 8, 2007.

  1. Health...Warnings


    1. No plastic containers in micro.

    2. No water bottles in freezer.

    3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

    JohnsHopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at WalterReedArmyMedicalCenter as well.
    Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
    Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
    Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
    Dr.EdwardFujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at CastleHospital , was on a TV program to explain this
    health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food
    in the microwave using plastic containers.
    This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases
    dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as
    Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things
    as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
    Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass,
    Corning Ware, etc. He
    reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper.
    The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

    Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in
    the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap
    and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

  2. Thanks for the heads up Dusty!
  3. I heard something like this awhile ago and never did anything about it. I definitely will now; the description of toxins 'dripping into the food' is very disturbing. :sick:
  4. Please Read This Notification:

    Dusty - I hate to do this, but please read the analysis of the "News Release" from the people at Snopes who's business it is to debunk false "Urban Ledgends" and such.

    The information presented above has been circulating since 2002 and has been proven to contain false information.


    Anytime that ANYONE receives a story such as this, go to the Snopes research page and do a search to VERIFY whether it is legitimate or not. Just passing on information without verification can be misleading to persons and cause un-necessary concerns. Thank you.

  5. Cool- although it is still advisable to use plastic aproved for use in microwaves-some actually melt while being heated.
  6. Sorry !!! Thanks for the info, Pastor Gary. It did seem logical. Ok when some one sends me info , I will check it from now on.

    Sorry you guys.:eek::eek::eek:
  7. I have done the very same thing sis- don't worry about it!
  8. Dusty - again as Boanerges mentioned, don't worry about it. The last time that I checked, there were somthing like 117,000 + false chain mailings going around the net. It is fortunate that SNOPES has a handle on most of them and can provide recent info about each.

    Blessings to you and take care. :)
  9. Ok .... Thanks.

  10. Momma always used to say..."Better safe than sorry!":D

    I also heard from a nearby church that there's a code stamped on the bottom of plastic jugs that tells you how many times you can use it before it begins releasing carcinogens.

    This scared the heck out of me! My "5" or so plastic water jug that I'd been using for as long as I can remember must have released enough to do me in by now...

    I went online - this was a myth. The "5" was a code for recyclers.:eek:

    But, I'd rather tread lightly when I know there's a pitbull nearby than to skip through the neighborhood without knowing about the pitbull at all. ;)
  11. Just don't lick your Chinese toys!
  12. [​IMG]

    That's cute! Made me laugh! :)
  13. :eek:I have to admit it, I got the idea from the Colbert Report!

  14. Ewwww...Too much information.... LOL
  15. This scared the heck out of me! My "5" or so plastic water jug that I'd been using for as long as I can remember must have released enough to do me in by now...

    I was told if you rinse those bottles with vinegar you're ok.
  16. DO wash your hands after pushing a shopping cart!!!


  17. Yes, ma'am! I just take a little extra sippin' whiskey out of the tank in Billy Bob's moonshine car and wash up real good ta get rid of them cold and flew bugs. Of course if thar's any left over, it don't go to waste...


  18. [​IMG]

  19. [​IMG]
  20. Oh, yes ma'am, I wash my hands after a pushing a cart! Whew!

    I saw this one Oprah show where she took swabs of armrests at the theaters, shopping carts, doorknobs, etc. You would not believe what she found on some of those swabs...especially the shopping carts! It's gross...*willies*

    I wash my hands after using the public rest room now (thanks, Oprah!) and then use the paper towel to open the door, he he he...I just feel dirty if I see a man come out of one of the stalls, walk over to the door without even washing and then exit. I have to go over there and touch that knob now!?:eek:

    My Christian friends tell me to remember the scripture, it's not what goes into your mouth that makes you unclean, but what comes out. But still...I have hand-sanitizer in my briefcase for a reason, he he he.

    Dusty, my plastic jug has become my friend over the years...I can't rinse him out with vinegar...that would burn his insides!:p Today he's holding my green tea.;)

Share This Page