Healed From Pain

Discussion in 'Praise Reports / Testimonials' started by brodav9, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Well, I guess you got me to reply at least one more time.

When you said that a believer does not continue to sin, you are half right. The believer has a new nature, or spiritual man, that never sins, yet he still has a flesh that does sin. These two natures are in conflict as Paul described in Romans 7.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
    16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
    17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

This will continue until we are liberated from the 'body of this death'. How much practical victory over sin the believer has in his daily life depends upon to what extent he is mortifying his flesh at any given time. The path of victory is found in the believer walking in the spirit rather than in the flesh.

As for Solomon, there are no scriptures that says he was lost, and in fact we have the book of Ecclesiastes written by him under divine inspiration AFTER his foray into sin. As for Judas, he is no example of a believer in Christ failing to be saved after falling into sin. Remember, Jesus said he was a devil from the beginning. You cannot make the argument that Judas was ever saved unless you are prepared to argue that there are saved devils.

2. Darby, just like we take Mark 10:9 with Matt 19:9, we need to consider verses like 1 Tim 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck. There is no contradiction, just a need to grasp the full picture. Shipwreck takes knowingly steering ourselves into an extreme storm and maintaining course in that storm. In marriage we know adultery can result in divorce but with God it is not so much what the sin is, rather the level of inner rebellion / grieving the Holy Spirit needed for that sin. Hence if we see Christians continue in those mentioned in 1 Cor 6:9-11 for example, we must be concerned for their salvation.

That argument can be made. Jesus said to Peter 'get behind me satan'.

Rusty likes this.