HAVING A QUIET TIME -

ENGAGEMENT QUESTIONS

Lord, we love You. Open our ears to hear You as You speak to us and open our hearts to receive Your love. Fill us to overflowing with Your perfect love and all of the fruits of Your Spirit. We desire a closer relationship with You. Draw near to us, precious God, as we draw near to You. In Jesus’ precious name we pray, Amen.

Come near to God and he will come near to you
James 4:8

Read Mark 1:29-38 Describe Jesus’ day prior to His “early morning.”

What did Jesus do early the next morning?

Currently, do you have a set-apart time during the day that you spend time with God? If so, describe it. If not, why?

Reread Mark 1:36-37Jesus was interrupted. What did Simon want Jesus to do?

Read Psalm 62:1-2.What is another way we are benefited from spending time with God?

Take a few moments to meditate on our study today.
Were there particular Scriptures or statements that spoke to you personally?

Closing Prayer:
Precious God, we praise Your mighty name. You are the Creator of the Universe, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Thank You God for teaching us about You and for making a way for us to have a close, personal and intimate relationship with You. We love You, in Jesus’ name, Amen.

What Jesus did was he went to pray to God privately. We need to go to God in private prayer.

Matthew 6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

I always try to open my morning with prayer and a daily devotional for Christians. I'm also starting to read every morning at least one of the Psalms. I'm very glad that you pointed out Psalm 62 because it has some very great scripture that I should memorize.:p Appreciate the videos and I also am subscribed to you on youtube so I'll check out some more of your devotionals from time to time. Please keep them going!(y) It'd be cool if you did longer commentaries on scripture for study or key issues for Christians on youtube. I'd most definitely would watch those if you had time:LOL:

GOD BLESS

Jesus walked and talked with God the Father 24/7. Our relationship with God/Jesus is a moment by moment walk with our Lord, talking with him throughout the day, evening and even into the night. Scripture teaches that we should pray without ceasing, meaning we should at all times be in a frame of mind and heart to where we can talk with God at any time of day no matter what we are doing. If the Spirit of God is within us, by God's grace, through faith, then we are in the presence of God 24/7. Yes, we need to set aside time each day to spend in the Word and in prayer, but the Lord may want more than just a few minutes or an hour we set aside for a QT with him each day. We should be available to him all the time to listen to him speak to our hearts and to voice our praises, requests, thankfulness and confessions to him.

Our QT with the Lord should be more about lifestyle (our daily walks in the Spirit) than it should be about a certain amount of time we set aside for him each day. All day should be set aside for him, i.e. he should be included in all that we do throughout the day. I think we run into trouble when we get this idea that we should give God a few minutes of our day each day, and then often we spend the rest of the day without thought of him or of what he wants us to do. But, yes, we need that quiet time alone with him free from the distractions of the world where we can hear his voice speaking his words to our hearts and when we can commune with him, as well, concerning what is going on in our lives, while we seek his face and his will in our circumstances.

Back