Ham n chestnuts

Well Happy TD every 1!!
First off I cooked a brown sugar beer ham
1. A hand full of lite brown sugar rubbed all over the ham.mmmmmm
2. A 1/2 tsp of Hickory powder all over the same way. mmmmmmm
3. 1 tsp ground sweet Basil rubbed all over the same way. mmmmmm
4. 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper rubbed the same way. mmmmmmm
5. 1 can of dark beer in a spray bottle. Spray the ham as it is cooking. I used a 10 lb Ham at 350 degrees for 3 hrs. Spray as needed to keep moist. Also add a foil tent shiny side down to reflect the heat. Heat to 165/180 degrees. Remove and let rest at least 10 minutes before cuttin.mmmmmm

Chest nuts.....my 2nd try
http://startcooking.com/blog/299/How-to-Roast-Chestnuts

An alert!!! when buying Chestnuts n roasting them be sure to buy more than you need because some of them are bad and moldy like they did to me today. I'll tell ya "they are expensive" but they taste exquisite and creamy with a slight sweet flavor. Please follow the link to get the desired results.

My ham is just about done mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I can't wait

Chili drooling :)

We have a sweet chestnut tree in the garden but it doesn't really do anything worthwhile. When I lived in Wales there was somewhere - perhaps Bodysgallen Woods where you could collect good ones for free! Never tried them with ham but thinking of the bad weather and the power cuts some have had...

Chilli they can be lovely just roasted on the fire/woodburner at a time like that!

Thanks bro!! i found a site that it tells you to cut an X in them then boil them for 30 minutes then dry em then roast them in the oven......which seems like a lot of work. I like YOUR idea better. And that is how the song goes. " Roasting chestnuts on an open fire" jack frost nipping at your nose...Merrrrrryy Chriiistmas tooo youuuuu.

OOOOO yessssssssssssssssssssssss

Chili's roasting on an open firrrrrrrree, jack frost nipping at your nose...suck one down and git warmed uuup Merry Christmas tooo youuuuuu

WOW.
Chili out

Back