Halloween

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints'_Day

All Saints' Day, also known as All Hallows, Day of All the Saints,[3] Solemnity of All Saints,[4] or Feast of All Saints[5] is a solemnity celebrated on 1 November by the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant denominations, and on the first Sunday after Pentecost in Eastern Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, in honour of all the saints, known and unknown. The liturgical celebration begins at Vespers on the evening of 31 October and ends at the close of 1 November. It is thus the day before All Souls' Day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints'_Day

All Saints' Day, also known as All Hallows, Day of All the Saints,[3] Solemnity of All Saints,[4] or Feast of All Saints[5] is a solemnity celebrated on 1 November by the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant denominations, and on the first Sunday after Pentecost in Eastern Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, in honour of all the saints, known and unknown. The liturgical celebration begins at Vespers on the evening of 31 October and ends at the close of 1 November. It is thus the day before All Souls' Day.

The enemy twists and perverts everything, what started as a celebration of saints is now a celebration of evil.

The enemy twists and perverts everything, what started as a celebration of saints is now a celebration of evil.

Yes, although prior to that:
A day which a Pagan holiday made into a Christian (or at least Catholic/few Protestants) holiday.

Halloween is one of the few opportunities that you have where lost people voluntarily walk up to your door, I think it would be wise to atleast take advantage of the situation to share the gospel...

Precisely my point: a - into + .... and + being made into - or can still be made +

So is it not about timer we took it back away from the devil ? Why we as Christians act as if oh the devil stole it and now we must bow and give in.

Perhaps this is simply another area where we should make our views and voice heard. Host our own celebrations and make it a fun time and share the Good news.
Just a thought
Blessings

So is it not about timer we took it back away from the devil ? Why we as Christians act as if oh the devil stole it and now we must bow and give in.
[...]

Amen to that!

The Lord gave me a great idea this week: in my country (Portugal), we had a wonderful tradition called 'God's Bread' that was later replaced by halloween.

It's very simple: you put candies, fruit and bread in a bag and share it with everyone. No demons, no silly costumes.

So, here's what I'll do: I'll celebrate God's Bread with my Sunday School kids. No teenager on the planet dislikes sweets, so may God help me and make this activity work.

Latest news on the halloween asteroid:

The blue line is the asteroid's trajectory.

I'm not an expert but that looks close!

Why do that to yourself? Hate? One the last day of a month and because of a name put to it and surrounding a celebration you don't agree with.

Freedom.

Can a Saint of God in his church be overwhelmed as that temple of the holy spirit? By a day of a month where people who will always outnumber "you" do things you don't have to pay attention to?

Do something else. Have a bonfire, roast mallows, visit with friends and share the blessings of family and friends and prosperity by God's grace. As we enter into the cool autumn before the bitter cold.

We're approaching a season of thanks giving. Every day is reason to give thanks.

Charge your reason with your connection go God the Father. Others do their thing beyond our control. God though is the truth behind the illusion. Celebrate!

You're his temple.
Autumn-3.gif

I hate Halloween and it's disturbing how popular it has become, especially among kids. It's a sign of times, I guess.

Speaking of which:

Large 'Spooky' Asteroid to Narrowly Miss Earth on Halloween

http://www.accuweather.com/en/featu...roid-earth-halloween-astronomy-space/53105143

Is this a warning from God or just an amazing coincidence?

How are planning to spend your Halloween by the way? Is it possible to be a Christian and celebrate Halloween?

Perhaps this is simply another area where we should make our views and voice heard. Host our own celebrations and make it a fun time and share the Good news.
Just a thought
Blessings

It is just another day. No need for ANY celebrating, except in my case, we have church on Saturday nights.

It is just another day. No need for ANY celebrating, except in my case, we have church on Saturday nights.
Perhaps in some folks views it is just another day as is most other holidays. However trick or treat is a huge thing in this land and what started out as fun the devil has Stolen and turned around and tried tomake it all about him.

To you it may not matter but to a multitude of children and parents it does matter. So instead of doing nothing as in most cases with the body of Christ we should be turning things around and taking back this day and turning it around to bring Glory unto God and fun for the children.

Thank you for your thoughts Euphemia
God Bless
Jim

Since when is it fun, really? It's all a flimsy cover over what evil people have chosen to do in celebration of death and evil spirits...the ultimate masquerade.

I take back what the enemy has claimed and make it a completely ordinary day in all ways.

Amen to that!

The Lord gave me a great idea this week: in my country (Portugal), we had a wonderful tradition called 'God's Bread' that was later replaced by halloween.

It's very simple: you put candies, fruit and bread in a bag and share it with everyone. No demons, no silly costumes.

So, here's what I'll do: I'll celebrate God's Bread with my Sunday School kids. No teenager on the planet dislikes sweets, so may God help me and make this activity work.

What an awesome idea to reinstate or revive something that gives glory to God! And it still helps the kids to not feel left out from the ways of the world. :)

May God make this event so very blessed!

The reason for the holiday is it is All Saints Day….

Yes, one of the reason can also be for FUN, for kids…

Regarding FUN…

For ADULT here who watch scary MOVIES (am not into it btw : )

We even pay to watch it, for people to wear SCARY costumes....

For the sake of what? ENTERTAINMENT ? ART?

And yet, we do not let KIDS to wear SCARY costumes during Halloween for the sake of FUN?

Something is inconsistent….

I stayed in and told my friends I won't be partaking in Halloween but than my manager from the bar called me and told me she's short on security so I went in to help since she helped me when I lost my job and gave me hours to live on until I was back up on my feet

Just standing on the stage watching everyone I was like man this really is the devils playground. Saw a man dressed up as a priest and it made my day after seeing most of the girls in there nearly naked . I told him I liked his costume and he said it was scaring off a lot of people.

Than I asked him if he is Christian and his response "f**k no bro hail Satan" with the most serious look on his face. I was so shocked I just walked the other way.

I stayed in and told my friends I won't be partaking in Halloween but than my manager from the bar called me and told me she's short on security so I went in to help since she helped me when I lost my job and gave me hours to live on until I was back up on my feet

Just standing on the stage watching everyone I was like man this really is the devils playground. Saw a man dressed up as a priest and it made my day after seeing most of the girls in there nearly naked . I told him I liked his costume and he said it was scaring off a lot of people.

Than I asked him if he is Christian and his response "f**k no bro hail Satan" with the most serious look on his face. I was so shocked I just walked the other way.

As unfortunate as it is, that's how many people act most nights, just without the costume. Halloween isn't the problem, sin is.

Back