1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ha-ha! You'll Love This News Article

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by TezriLi, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I don't recall ever seeing an article that said TSA agents were highly trained in American geography. :ROFLMAO:
  2. Years ago, I heard some foofaraw* about a telephone operator who didn't know New Mexico was in the United States.

* Yep -- it's a word. I hadn't heard of it before and decided to use it instead of kerfuffle or falderal. :D
  3. An old friend, now gone, once told me that she called operator assistance for a phone number in a small town in Washington State -- Yakima. For those who are not familiar with WA's interesting town/city names, this is pronounced "YACK - a - mah." So she asked for the number, and the operator retorted, "That's pronounced "yah - KEY - muh." My friend answered, "That's odd. I lived there over thirty years and did not know that!"

Here's another town's name in that state: Sequim. Pronounced "squim."
    Here are more:
    Chnak'wa'qn Breaks
    Frisken Wye
    Hamma Hamma (reminds me of Elvis)
    Humorist . . .
  4. I like kerfuffle. It has a nice ring to it. :barefoot:
    TezriLi likes this.