Groping Like A Blind Man

I can easily see a lot of similarities between me and the blind men of Jesus' time. Spiritually speaking of course, I feel like I'm going down a hallway I can barely see, if at all, feeling my way down the hall.. feeling the edges of the doorways thoroughly but not able to see clear. I guess I can compare it to two pieces of scripture - one is "I believe, help my unbelief!" Mark 9:24 and the other is when Jesus was healing a blind man, and the man described "trees" Mark 8:24 - he couldn't see clear enough to make out the images so Jesus touched him again and he could see clearly.

Feeling my way down the hall is like me reading about Jesus, all about him, knowing so much about the hallway but not being able to see it. Granted, my faith is being exercised but it troubles me to have such "poor vision" of God's love for me, since I know what he's done for me.

Does anybody have an experience where they could barely "see" and Jesus cleared your vision up? Did it relate to your obedience or was it "just as I am"?

Last edited:
Indeed, we are all blind! I believe we all are in darkness to the level of our faith.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV)
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

It's when you don't realize you're in that darkness when you're in trouble. When you think you got it all figured out, you're actually falling backwards. God is infinite so are His glories. You're doing the right thing and now you just have to open your heart more to the Lord and allow Him to instruct you where you need go next. :)

Good job!!! :ROFLMAO:

God created this physical world to be a "shadow" of the eternal. Since our physical eyes require physical light so they can see things, even so our spiritual eyes also require light to see spiritual things. The eyes of our heart requires the light of God to be able to see into His Kingdom so we can participate in its activities where all the saints are. Being able to live and enjoy these kinds of activities requires us to know and understand the Word of God. Every Christian today is enjoying the Kingdom of God based solely on what they know and believe. We can not experience His Kingdom beyond our faith. If we believe that not until we die will we be able to enjoy this Kingdom, then that is exactly what is going to happen to that person. The person on the other hand who knows they have been raised and are now sitting in Heavenly places in Christ will already be enjoying God's Kingdom today.

These things that helped me....

1. Notice all the small things and thank God for them....

When a traffic jam clears right in front of you - Thank God.
When someone who is normally rude is polite to you....
When you are running late and the traffic lights line up, then you get a close spot....
When you run into that friend you were thinking about....
When your significant other buys you your favorite snack....
When your car with a dead battery turns out to NOT have a dead battery....
When your buddy is available to help you move your heavy junk
Etc.

Little things.... Things you like... Out of the blue.... Thank God for them...

2. Prayer and fasting. Let me be honest with you... I was NEVER a fasting sort of guy until THIS year..... God has me doing fairly frequent fasting now... where I may have fasted ONCE in my whole LIFE previous (that wasn't medically required)..... God has blessed me with insight and help during the fasting in ways I never would have guessed....

3. Find out what God has sent you for and start Preparing/Doing it..... Frequently, God gives us clarity when we are DOING his work that we don't receive when we are not....

Back