Grace is not an excuse for sin

I prefer to think of Grace as a daily decision to believe,
sure some people say make the decision and then once saved always saved,
but I have never agreed with once saved always saved as a doctrine of Christianity.
A once saved always saved mentality then ignores such scriptures as
"Lord when did we see you sick and visit you...matthew 25 when Jesus clearly says GET AWAY FROM ME I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU, to Christians who prophesied , healed and spoke in tongues and called him LORD.
Jesus also says I am the vine and you are the branch abide in me, John 15,
a ONE OFF abiding won't cut it.
Jesus also says in Revelation 3 and psalm 69 that the possibility exist that a name can be ERASED
FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE.
Clearly some people who hear the gospel as the sower parable goes,
are for a while then fall away, so they were never saved? are once saved always saved?
I think not.
Grace is the door, but we need to walk through it and take on board all it means
to be a Christian.
and matthew 22
But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless. 13“Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”
and when the Lord returns
the virgins who were not ready did not go.

Only 5 of the 10 virgins made it into the bridegroom chambers. Can you image 50% of the proclaimed church is left behind?

Only 5 of the 10 virgins made it into the bridegroom chambers. Can you image 50% of the proclaimed church is left behind?
that is the saddest and scariest thing that half the church
may be counted as too worldly and not at all concerned about the return of the Lord as any kind of reality
in their lives.
I think we have only two or three years to prepare even the virgins who are ready.

So true, Thallon... 'Grace is not an excuse for sin'. Those
who are truly born of the Spirit know God's power over sin.
I found this Strong's definition of grace to be spot on:

'of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues'

Where law condemns sin, grace gives liberty from sin and
self righteousness.

Back