Got Mustard seed faith?

Dusty
That is the verse I mentioned but maybe you just mistyped the reference, it John 15:7.
John 15:11 is

John 15:11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

(Just in case someone looks up that reference, its not the same )

Thanks .... I changed it and probably am getting tired .... My typing is getting worse .

Nor can I change the strong belief you have in your doctrine.

But aren't you doing exactly that, demanding God to perform?

Just because something appears in the Bible, doesn't mean it applies to a particular situation. My problem is with searching for a verse containing something you want then expecting God to provide it.

And, this has nothing to do with what God has said about our salvation, or His Law.
HisManySongs:

I can not change a strong doctrine that you have. Millions believe just like this, and ask the same Question. Even though we see it in the Word, It may not be the Will of God for you. To those people, God's Will, Character, and Nature extend past what is Written. To demand of God to perform what is Written in the Word, is to put God in a Box, and it's not respectful and foolish to do so. There are so many, many levels of why this is Wrong thinking. At this point, we have no confidence an anything God said in his Word.

How would I know that even though I made Jesus Lord, and served to the best of my ability, that I would still have eternal life? It just may be that God decides that it's not for me.

How do I really know God does not want me to steal? After all, he might just make a exception for me.

How do I really know that I can't sleep with the Neighbors wife. God may just choose for me to have fun.

Now of course, people that think God does what he wants, when he wants would never agree that it's OK to commit adultery or steal. However, the same word that says Thou shalt not steal is also the same word that says by his stripes I am healed.

The same people that say it might be Gods will for me to be sick, are the same ones that go to the hospital when they are sick. They don't even Ask God if it's OK to get well. In other words, they don't even believe what they are Preaching.

God's Law........... Doctrine of Salvation

God's Law, and Doctrine of Salvation.

HisManySongs

And, this has nothing to do with what God has said about our salvation, or His Law.

I Understand your position. The position of Salvation is Important to all "REAL" Churches. Without it, there is no eternal life in God, and Nobody gets born again. There are lots of denominations that think along the lines as you do HisManySongs. When baptizing someone, the Pastor would never pray something like......

"Lord, if it be thy will, please save this soul, and forgive them of sin. If it not be thy will, please comfort them, while they Roast in Hell, Lord."

I am sure the person being baptized in the Name of Jesus (Or Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, depending on Doctrine) Would have the moment ruined for them if the Pastor spoke this way.

NO, We know the will of God, when it comes to someone getting born again in to the Kingdom. We know it so well, we step out in faith and lead someone to the Lord. All those "Be thy will" Prays are set aside.

A Miracle occurs!!!!! A unregenerate spirit, becomes new, and in the likeness of our Father. This is Changing a spirit into something else. Far greater Miracle than just Healing some flesh. Why does this occur? Because the faith to step out is there, We know it's God's Will that nobody be lost and come to the knowledge of the Truth. The Doctrine of Salvation is not in question.

There are those of us that see other things as God's Will. God's Word is the only thing we have to Understand God, and How he thinks. Hanna wanted a baby, and she wanted one badly. The Lord gave her a Child. We look at the fact God is not a respecter of Persons and if Hanna received a Child, then someone else would have the right to go to God and fully expect a child. Even if they medically could not have one. I know of stories where whole uterus's where somehow restored and made Whole.
What about Abraham and Sara?

No place in the Bible do we see someone asking God, and not receiving. The closest you get is Paul, and the messenger of Satan that was sent to Paul. However, the Grace Paul needed for victory was already there.

God's Word is His Will, it's how God thinks. There is so much more to God, than some commandments and the package of Salvation. So, just as we are sure of Salvation and leading someone to the Lord, we can be sure of the other things we find. God's Word is truth, it is the way things were suppose to be, it's what Jesus went to the cross for, to destroy the works of the devil in our lives, and the devil steals, kills and destroys. (John 10:10)

Ask anything in my name and I'll do it......If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask what you will and it shall be given to you. ........... How much more shall your Heavenly father give good things to those that ask him........

There are so many scriptures, that prove my position. However, I understand where your coming from. I know the Doctrine well. I want victory for all those in the Body of Christ. We can not have any confidence in God though, We can't have faith, if we can not convince ourselves with scripture that it's God's Will to bless every area of our life. Health, wealth and mental stability. Without faith, we can not please God, and faith starts where the will of God is known.

My hope is that you at least consider some things. I have considered your position for years... (Put God in a box) and I keep coming up with the same Conclusions. What God did for one, He will do for you.

Be blessed......

See below:
I Understand your position. The position of Salvation is Important to all "REAL" Churches. Without it, there is no eternal life in God, and Nobody gets born again. There are lots of denominations that think along the lines as you do HisManySongs. When baptizing someone, the Pastor would never pray something like......

"Lord, if it be thy will, please save this soul, and forgive them of sin. If it not be thy will, please comfort them, while they Roast in Hell, Lord."

I am sure the person being baptized in the Name of Jesus (Or Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, depending on Doctrine) Would have the moment ruined for them if the Pastor spoke this way.

NO, We know the will of God, when it comes to someone getting born again in to the Kingdom. We know it so well, we step out in faith and lead someone to the Lord. All those "Be thy will" Prays are set aside.

A Miracle occurs!!!!! A unregenerate spirit, becomes new, and in the likeness of our Father. This is Changing a spirit into something else. Far greater Miracle than just Healing some flesh. Why does this occur? Because the faith to step out is there, We know it's God's Will that nobody be lost and come to the knowledge of the Truth. The Doctrine of Salvation is not in question.

>>> Correct, it isn't in question. God did say He wishes all to be saved.

There are those of us that see other things as God's Will. God's Word is the only thing we have to Understand God, and How he thinks. Hanna wanted a baby, and she wanted one badly. The Lord gave her a Child. We look at the fact God is not a respecter of Persons and if Hanna received a Child, then someone else would have the right to go to God and fully expect a child. Even if they medically could not have one. I know of stories where whole uterus's where somehow restored and made Whole.
What about Abraham and Sara?

>>> But, there is no corresponding verse promising a child to all women. God's promise was made to Sarah. One should not extrapolate that to include all women.

No place in the Bible do we see someone asking God, and not receiving. The closest you get is Paul, and the messenger of Satan that was sent to Paul. However, the Grace Paul needed for victory was already there.

>>> How about “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” (Matthew 26:39 NLT)

God's Word is His Will, it's how God thinks. There is so much more to God, than some commandments and the package of Salvation. So, just as we are sure of Salvation and leading someone to the Lord, we can be sure of the other things we find. God's Word is truth, it is the way things were suppose to be, it's what Jesus went to the cross for, to destroy the works of the devil in our lives, and the devil steals, kills and destroys. (John 10:10)

>>> I'm not saying God is just commandments and Salvation!

Ask anything in my name and I'll do it......If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask what you will and it shall be given to you. ........... How much more shall your Heavenly father give good things to those that ask him........

There are so many scriptures, that prove my position. However, I understand where your coming from. I know the Doctrine well. I want victory for all those in the Body of Christ. We can not have any confidence in God though, We can't have faith, if we can not convince ourselves with scripture that it's God's Will to bless every area of our life. Health, wealth and mental stability. Without faith, we can not please God, and faith starts where the will of God is known.

My hope is that you at least consider some things. I have considered your position for years... (Put God in a box) and I keep coming up with the same Conclusions. What God did for one, He will do for you.

>>>Please don't patronize me.

>>>My faith and confidence is in the God who supplies all my NEEDS. You do not see my position. You only see talking points. I do not have God in a box!

You misunderstood........ The thought is that those of us that take scripture, and demand God to perform those scriptures. We are the ones putting God in a box. I hear that frequently. I was not referring to you. The other stance is that 'God is God, and knows best. Though we find scripture, God may not decide to do what is written in the word for us as it would violate his divine plan, which in the end is better for us. Even if it means loosing a child or loved one. God is still in control.

There are those that look at the word using Hermeneutics (Times the word was written, and who it was written to.) We look at the Word as all scripture apply to us. If God said it somewhere, then God meant it for everyone.

I am sorry if you felt I was patronizing you. I was not, and I respect your belief, though I don't think we can agree on anything but Salvation. That is what makes us Christians though, and part of the body of Christ. No one group understands everything.

Be blessed.

Though we find scripture, God may not decide to do what is written in the word for us as it would violate his divine plan, which in the end is better for us. Even if it means loosing a child or loved one. God is still in control.

You were talking about God's will so if it is His will , it is not a plan. Will and plan to me are different issues and I believe in God's Divine will because His will never changes so we cannot inter change it to say it is His plan . He had everything already in His divine will .

And if your saying He is our healer , which by the way I do believe in Divine healing ,how can you say that He takes a child away rather than heal it . ?
I am also under the iimpression that we do not know God's ways or His thoughts because we are not divine and He says His ways are beter than our ways .

Isaih 55:8.... For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD

So in other words His thoughts are way higher than ours and to me like you said God is in control . So when I leave everything in His Hands I feel secure in knowing that He knows best , just like an earthly father and child relationship here on earth where if the child asks for bread the father would not give him a rock . My Heavenly Father is even better as He supplies all my needs and knows what is best for my welfare.

Sorry, but ...
... I have considered your position for years... (Put God in a box) ...
Sure sounds like you're referring to me!
You misunderstood........ The thought is that those of us that take scripture, and demand God to perform those scriptures. We are the ones putting God in a box. I hear that frequently. I was not referring to you.

Back