1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jesus Freak, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Is it good or bad to have a celebrity crush? I have two: Celine Dion(she's married) , and LeAnn Rimes(married too).

I think it's good cause I know I will never have them. And of course bad, cause of God and all that. But, I think it's more good than bad. It's just a little fun. Lots of people do it. And no, I wouldn't jump off a bridge if everyone else did.

And another question: is it also okay if someone had a crush on a fictional character in a book? It's okay by me, cause they aren't real whatsoever.
  2. I think everyone has crushes, but it's important what we do with that... are we lusting? How far do we take this crush? Also, when someone is married, I think they are off limits for crushes because to be with them would be adultery.
  3. Yes it would be adultery. But, I am a private citizen, and they are celebs. I won't get them at all.
  4. Do you ever imagine being with them?
  5. Actually I have. Is that adultery? If it is, I will stop.
  6. Matthew 5:27-28:
    27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
    28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So, there is your answer. Also, didn't you say your profile pic is of her son? I would be careful. I love your honesty and willingness to repent, though!
  7. So, it's adultery for sure. How do I stop thinking about Celine in that way then?
  8. Got a wife?
  9. Maybe you should set your heart on God's plan for a wife? Problem is we have to start obeying Him for His plan to come to fruition...

Not saying that you are not capable; perhaps an adjustment of focus for the heart?
  10. If you're going to ask God for a wife, be VERY VERY SPECIFIC as to what you ask for,
    He has a sense of humor (that we sometimes do not share).

Remember to be careful what you wish for, you may get it.
  11. Have you guys not seen what I look like? I will upload a pic of me for you to look at.
  12. Well, I have had an epiphany about that not too long ago-it is not the outside of the cup the LORD deals with...

13. Please tell me what you thought I looked like while I upload my pic. I honestly want to know.
  14. Go to my twitter account and click on the tweet that just says me. That's me.
  15. I can't click on anything... there isn't anything.

I thought you looked like your old profile pic, remember? :p Then I thought it was your kid.
  16. Perhaps it is not good in an absolute sense, but in a relative sense it is probably a normal and healthy thing. Let me make a helpful analogy. In an absolute sense many sports, such as football, are probably not good. Yet, since sports and competition are a civilized outlet for our natural aggression, it seems to me that sports are a relative good. Or let me try another analogy. In an absolute sense, sadomasochism does not seem to be good. And yet, in the context of a loving, committed relationship it might be good to have somebody with which you can share your deepest sexual desires in a safe, loving space.