Good Bible Verse Good Video

I hear you on that one. Even most homeless beggars use the money for cigs/beer..etc. But I'd rather give money to someone knowing there was a small chance they actually put it to good use than walk away and deny them. Most people use the whole "They're gonna buy drugs" excuse just because deep down they really dont wanna help.

Sometimes believers are tempted to follow Christ by the letter and give just because they are supposed to give. Even ministries has a way of leading believers in giving up life savings and their farms to the ministries whose leaders are living in luxury.

So givers should keep this in mind about when not to give.

1 Timothy 5:8But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

But then again, even household members that have been known to be on drugs or alcoholic, can be a just cause to be reserve about giving money.

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Psalm 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

There is no command to give: no believer have to give; if they want to give, they can trust God to lead them accordingly.

1 John 3:17But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

More often times than not, it is the poor that gives more than the rich.

In any event, one should consider that a man that has a house, car, and a well dressed & well fed family may have no money left to give because if he did, he would not be able to pay the mortgages, the loans, buy essentials like cloths & food for his family. Some people live by hand to mouth with their earnings. Some take huge loans foolishly to obtain their dream home or car so that they can lose it all if they do not pay them off. Some just people live beyond their means, but loook well to do or well off when they actually are not.

Appearances can be deceiving on both ends of the spectrum, which is why we should not judge on outward appearances, let alone when a person does not give.

Indeed, when someone sees a person give, they may think they have money, but in actuality, he could be like the widow with two mites.

Back