God's Word ----all or part?

Brother, not only are we to speak what we hear the Father say just as Jesus did, but we are also to speak the truth how the Lord wants us to speak it. There is a "authority" connected to the "anointing" that can look like "pride" but it is not. Many people wrongly identify authority with pride, and this is why they get so upset. Those who are of the truth can easily identify the voice of the Lord when it is spoken. There are many on this forum that can I hear the Spirit of God speaking and it is amazing!!

Joh 12:49 "I did not speak on my own. The Father who sent me commanded me what to say. He also told me how to say it. (NiRV)

Joh 8:28 Then Jesus said to them, When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you shall know that I AM, and that I do nothing of Myself, but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things.

This is all true Brother but if you offend some one in the process then you are done ministering to them for they are not going to listen to you any longer. This is why we must always walk in love. The same words of truth can be told but you have to know how to present them according to the person who is to receive them.

Almost sounds like plans for a play in a foot ball game. lol
Blessings
Jim

This is all true Brother but if you offend some one in the process then you are done ministering to them for they are not going to listen to you any longer. This is why we must always walk in love. The same words of truth can be told but you have to know how to present them according to the person who is to receive them.

Almost sounds like plans for a play in a foot ball game. lol
Blessings
Jim
This is true Jim but there are people that will be offended by truth no matter how it is presented.

This is all true Brother but if you offend some one in the process then you are done ministering to them for they are not going to listen to you any longer.

This is true, but I guarantee they will go away thinking about what you said, more than if you just said God bless you have a nice day.

This is true Jim but there are people that will be offended by truth no matter how it is presented.
Yes but if you did your part by walking in Love then nothing can be held against you. Now if you refuse to walk in love and come off all snooty and offending and don't care for what ever reason then there is a problem to be dealt with.
Jim

This is true, but I guarantee they will go away thinking about what you said, more than if you just said God bless you have a nice day.
Yes but if you did your part by walking in Love then nothing can be held against you. Now if you refuse to walk in love and come off all snooty and offending and don't care for what ever reason then there is a problem to be dealt with AND in both ways the same message can be delivered. ; )
Jim

For me if God says in His written word I can do something then it is settled
If His written word says I can be something then it is settled
If His written word says I do not have to live a certtain way then it is settled
So the only thing that could ever hold me back from reaching these places in Christ is me.

I had a long talk with my self and God and He agreed that He will even help us to reach this place if we will learn to simply operate here in this earth as He has designed us to operate.
So for me and my house - Well we will serve the Lord our God with all of our hearts, minds and soul forever more unto the Glory of God.
Blessings
Jim

No Juk there is a potty break aloud !! :ROFLMAO:
Get into the word via reading or watching a dvd or pray about a ministry on tv or radio that God would have you watch. All of these things are feeding your spirit man.

Now then lets look at this.........feeding the spirit man at all times in all ways and always.
For example......someone in a post makes your flesh boiling mad, stop and pray and allow your spirit man or Gods way of doing things react and not the flesh. This is feeding the spirit man and starving the flesh. Its a work of art by putting forth into practice.

You have to put forth into practice and for awhile it is hard work but if you rely on the Lords strength and ways it is not all that hard. Now then if you just have to spout off right away then you begin to starve the spirit man and by allowing your flesh FIRST PLACE OR REACTION OF THE FLESH which FEEDS the flesh and STARVES the spirit man.

From a favorite movie Charactor.." any more questions ?" (y)
Blessings my friend and who said that line Juk ? ;)
Thank you for the advice. And I would not know who said that line... I don't watch movies.

Brother Juk, all the promises of God of are always "yes", they are never "no". As you grow older in the Lord you will discover that "timing" is very very important with the Lord. He will give you the things you asked for when you need. Sometimes we want them right this minute, in fact scripture says "what ever you desire when you pray believe that you have received them, and they will be yours." The "believing" (faith) part is NOT you are going to get them someday, but that you already have them. Faith does not deal with the future, but what God has already given you from the beginning.
But what I'd you ask for something that God does not want you to have? Then He says no, and that is the point I am trying to make.

If our "purpose" is to "offend" people then that is sin, but if our motive is to speak the truth to others then that is very good. When truth comes up against untruth, there will always be those who become offended. It is never a pleasant thing to speak truth to those who believe in error. They will accuse you of not walking in love, but Love always speaks the truth no matter what others may think. Jesus caused a lot of hatred against him self for doing just that. When a person has the truth of God's they will never be offended at what others say against them. If we do get upset and offended by what others say to us that is a sign to us that possibly we really do not have the truth.
Yes, you are absolutely right.

I've had to confront many of my initial assumptions about many scriptures as I've grown in my relationship with God.

For example, let's look at a verse like Leviticus 20:10:
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

So if I just read out that verse, and then said to you, "how can any one pick and choose what is for us and what is not and claim to be correct," what would you say to me?

Perhaps, then, we can alter the question to provoke a slightly different discussion:
Instead of "How can we pick and choose what is to be walked out and what is not to be walked out or lived?" maybe we could instead ask, "How can we correctly discern how to read scripture," or, "How do we confront our initial assumptions about scripture and be led by the Spirit toward revelation" or perhaps, "How does one rightly divide scripture (2 Tim 2:15)?"

Agreed and the actual process would then be "Hermeneutics".

Hermeneutics, interesting word...... appearing in 2 threads : )

I think I can put in the same circle Hermeneutics, Logic, Theology (the course includes Logic 101 : ) , Scientific Method, Semantics, the Constitutional Law in one circle…

Yes, man made rules..... we need rules…. Semantics are important…

In a similar manner: man create laws… laws is our way to put things in order… the root word of Law is “layer” that is, to put things in order.. and man can easily forgot an agreement to put things in order, thus, we put laws into writing…

And of course, we agree that at the end of the day:

Proverbs 21:31New King James Version (NKJV)
The horse is prepared for the day of battle,
But deliverance is of the Lord.

If God is the same Today and yesterday and Tomorrow How can we pick and choose what is to be walked out and what is not to be walked out or lived ?
I have beed told by many theological type Christians over and over that this is not for us or that is not truth but just metaphore or this is not truth and this means that and that means this.

It seems to me when God shows me something in His word about His charactor then I can believe it. So how can any one pick and choose what is for us and what is not and claim to be correct ?

Thank you for you thoughts
Blerssings
Jim

Jim, I think I know where you are coming from. Yes, the Bible teaches in Hebrews 13:8 that.........
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

But the same Bible also teaches us in Luke 2:52 that.......
"...Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."

Does the Bible contradict itself? Are those two verses a contradiction???? They look like a contradiction at first reading!!!
No, the apparent contradiction is simply an issue of proper interpretation or again, "Hermeneutics".

Jim, sometimes we simply do not understand what God is saying and so we use our own interpretation which can be and in many cases has been wrong BUT we tend to be too proud to admit that we may be wrong.

When the Bible teaches us that God is eternally the same, it saying that we can trust the Lord because he never varies his course; he always within the law; he is no respecter of persons and always bestows the same blessings as a reward for the same obedience. The plan and program of God through the ages is the Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of humanity ---- is the same today as it was to Adam and Eve. The Bible tries to distinguish the true and living God from the false gods of pagan religions that tend to come from those who will not accept the true Word of God as it is written to me for men..

I think I can put in the same circle Hermeneutics, Logic, Theology (the course includes Logic 101 : ) , Scientific Method, Semantics, the Constitutional Law in one circle…

In a similar manner: man create laws… laws is our way to put things in order… the root word of Law is “layer” that is, to put things in order.. and man can easily forgot an agreement to put things in order, thus, we put laws into writing…

Excellent and I agree!

Example: I say that the color of carpet in my house is green.
My wife insists that the color is aqua.

The brochure from the company that made it calls the color..."Sea Mist Green".

Now what is the actual color............"Sea Mist Green"!

WHY???? Because that is what the CREATOR said it was and His words end the discussion.

My point: the learned, those who took pains to study Hermeneutics deserves respect..

The Scribes and the Pharisees who study the text, I guess: uses the same... and they deserves respect from their fellow Jews.. I think…

It is the "hypocrisy" that our Teacher is "attacking", not the tools...

But what I'd you ask for something that God does not want you to have? Then He says no, and that is the point I am trying to make.

Juk.....I have to disagree with my brother CW. Prayer is always answered in one of 3 ways..........
1. YES.
2. NO.
3. LATER.

When Paul asked God to remove the thorn from his flesh...God said NO!

I know Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, however Mary and Martha wanted Jesus to heal their dying brother, yet Jesus allowed Lazarus to die.

King Saul asked for God’s guidance and help in beating an enemy and God said NO.

King David experienced the same negative response from God when he asked for the life of his baby.

Reactions: Juk
Back