God's Word ----all or part?

Hello Brother,
I want to correct a typo here..........
Devil is spelled devil ..........Brother I wont even use that name to start a line for he gets no caps in my book. ; )

Blessings Brother Curtis
Jim
Yes, yes.
Does this forum support subscript? I vote for that when talking about satan.
Microsoft on the other hand wants you to have it with an uppercase letter... makes you think.

Hi Roads,

I do agree with what you are saying and there is also another type of Christians to who use understanding through everything other then the spiritual side. These people tend to get real rude and mean when you do not except their views. ( Lack of the Spirit ) or walking in the spirit. They tend to shun things such as walking in Love and in Forgiveness. it is not something vital or important in their eyes.

As they study in this way they get this head knowledge which produces no fruits of value.
They claim scriptures in their views and attack anyone and especially ministries that do not say the same as them. They are cruel hearted towards the brethren and dismiss commands of GOD as not for us today or every one has taken it out of context.

They bring new meaning to the scriptures from all their books and even have told me that using a KJ bible is one of the reasons I do not understand scripture. This bunch I am talking about is not just a few here and there. It is a rising of them and the inter net is full of them and the forums out there are full of them and this means that the unsaved are hearing this as well as new believers.

I started this thread because I was very disappointed in those calling them selves Christians and claiming how Godly they are and how every one out side of believing them is wrong and speaks of false teaching. It is as wolves calling sheep wolves. It really bothers me and burdens my heart very much.
So Roads my Brother, this is where i was coming from in this thread.
Blessings
Jim
IT's almost as if LOVE is missing in what you describe, or at least how it comes across.
We all have a lesson in love still to learn, in my opinion.
May we submit to God to teach that lesson.

To speak in tongues, and prophesy? I'm sure that the Bible says that tongues are not to be spoken unless you are near an interpreter. And then prophecies... I don't know about those in our modern times, since the Bible is complete and all...
Speaking in tongues is for edification.
If for edification of the body/group - then an interpretation is required.
But let me tell you this, if a person stands about to pray for healing or the casting out of a demon, who is to say no edification for that vessel is required - so prayer in tongues is good.

Reactions: Juk
What do you mean by feeding the flesh?
Feeding the spirit means meditating on Gods word or training the spirit man to walk in Gods ways on the other hand FEEDING the FLESH is done by walking as the wordly do AND not controlling what you say or think or do or how you react. It is doing things opposed to the word of God.

Arguing with people and getting mad at them and starting threads with words that are not uplifting or benificial to the building up of faith would be feeding the flesh.
Feeding the flesh is not getting Gods word in you in such a way that it is not changing you to be more like Him, hence the flesh or old nature the worldy man getsd stronger instead of the spirit man getting stronger.

I hope this helps Juk
Blessings
Jim

Reactions: Juk
Feeding the spirit means meditating on Gods word or training the spirit man to walk in Gods ways on the other hand FEEDING the FLESH is done by walking as the wordly do AND not controlling what you say or think or do or how you react. It is doing things opposed to the word of God.

Arguing with people and getting mad at them and starting threads with words that are not uplifting or benificial to the building up of faith would be feeding the flesh.
Feeding the flesh is not getting Gods word in you in such a way that it is not changing you to be more like Him, hence the flesh or old nature the worldy man getsd stronger instead of the spirit man getting stronger.

I hope this helps Juk
Blessings
Jim
Thank you for your information. I want to state that it is hard to not feed the flesh in school, and especially with my impish nature. I am not necessarily trying to make excuses, buy I just wanted to make that statement.

Thank you for your information. I want to state that it is hard to not feed the flesh in school, and especially with my impish nature. I am not necessarily trying to make excuses, buy I just wanted to make that statement.
Change your statement to I can feed my spirit man and starve my flesh man any where I am.
It takes some time to do this Juk but and this is a very huge BUT .....the time it takes is only up to us. Yeppers we determine how long this takes by how much we put into it.

Feed the spirit man with Gods word like you are at an all you can eat buffett every day and starve the flesh man like all there is to eat is moldy left overs. See what I mean here.
LOL God Bless YOU my friend
Jim

Change your statement to I can feed my spirit man and starve my flesh man any where I am.
It takes some time to do this Juk but and this is a very huge BUT .....the time it takes is only up to us. Yeppers we determine how long this takes by how much we put into it.

Feed the spirit man with Gods word like you are at an all you can eat buffett every day and starve the flesh man like all there is to eat is moldy left overs. See what I mean here.
LOL God Bless YOU my friend
Jim
So read the Word constantly, without stop? I don't think I can do this. It's hard for me to stay focused.

"God says no sometimes". That is my point.
Brother Juk, all the promises of God of are always "yes", they are never "no". As you grow older in the Lord you will discover that "timing" is very very important with the Lord. He will give you the things you asked for when you need. Sometimes we want them right this minute, in fact scripture says "what ever you desire when you pray believe that you have received them, and they will be yours." The "believing" (faith) part is NOT you are going to get them someday, but that you already have them. Faith does not deal with the future, but what God has already given you from the beginning.

So read the Word constantly, without stop? I don't think I can do this. It's hard for me to stay focused.

No Juk there is a potty break aloud !! :ROFLMAO:
Get into the word via reading or watching a dvd or pray about a ministry on tv or radio that God would have you watch. All of these things are feeding your spirit man.

Now then lets look at this.........feeding the spirit man at all times in all ways and always.
For example......someone in a post makes your flesh boiling mad, stop and pray and allow your spirit man or Gods way of doing things react and not the flesh. This is feeding the spirit man and starving the flesh. Its a work of art by putting forth into practice.

You have to put forth into practice and for awhile it is hard work but if you rely on the Lords strength and ways it is not all that hard. Now then if you just have to spout off right away then you begin to starve the spirit man and by allowing your flesh FIRST PLACE OR REACTION OF THE FLESH which FEEDS the flesh and STARVES the spirit man.

From a favorite movie Charactor.." any more questions ?" (y)
Blessings my friend and who said that line Juk ? ;)

IT's almost as if LOVE is missing in what you describe, or at least how it comes across.
We all have a lesson in love still to learn, in my opinion.
May we submit to God to teach that lesson.

If our "purpose" is to "offend" people then that is sin, but if our motive is to speak the truth to others then that is very good. When truth comes up against untruth, there will always be those who become offended. It is never a pleasant thing to speak truth to those who believe in error. They will accuse you of not walking in love, but Love always speaks the truth no matter what others may think. Jesus caused a lot of hatred against him self for doing just that. When a person has the truth of God's they will never be offended at what others say against them. If we do get upset and offended by what others say to us that is a sign to us that possibly we really do not have the truth.

Last edited:
If our "purpose" is to "offend" people then that is sin, but if our motive is to speak the truth to others then that is very good. When truth comes up against untruth, there will always be those who become offended. It is never a pleasant thing to speak truth to those who believe in error. They will accuse you of not walking in love, but Love always speaks the truth no matter what others may think. Jesus caused a lot of hatred against him self for doing just that. When a person has the truth of God's they will never be offended at what others say against them. If we do get upset and offended by what others say to us that is a sign to us that possibly we really do not have the truth.

Thats the key thing........it must be done in love !!

I fully agree with you in what you say about speaking the truth but we do need to be careful in how we present the truth...that we insure that we speak the truth in love as the bible directs us to. I am not saying that you don't do this, I am simply stating that we take care that we always present the truth in this manner. With that being said there is no need to sugar coat the truth since Jesus and the apostles certainly didn't. Some might even take what they said and how they said it to be harsh.

Speaking in tongues is for edification.
If for edification of the body/group - then an interpretation is required.
But let me tell you this, if a person stands about to pray for healing or the casting out of a demon, who is to say no edification for that vessel is required - so prayer in tongues is good.
It is the language of God or another words the one time satan can not understand what is being spoken and yes wer can ask for the interpretation.
Now then this is a topic they ask that we do not get into so I believe we should move on.
Blessings

I fully agree with you in what you say about speaking the truth but we do need to be careful in how we present the truth...that we insure that we speak the truth in love as the bible directs us to. I am not saying that you don't do this, I am simply stating that we take care that we always present the truth in this manner. With that being said there is no need to sugar coat the truth since Jesus and the apostles certainly didn't. Some might even take what they said and how they said it to be harsh.

Brother, not only are we to speak what we hear the Father say just as Jesus did, but we are also to speak the truth how the Lord wants us to speak it. There is a "authority" connected to the "anointing" that can look like "pride" but it is not. Many people wrongly identify authority with pride, and this is why they get so upset. Those who are of the truth can easily identify the voice of the Lord when it is spoken. There are many on this forum that can I hear the Spirit of God speaking and it is amazing!!

Joh 12:49 "I did not speak on my own. The Father who sent me commanded me what to say. He also told me how to say it. (NiRV)

Joh 8:28 Then Jesus said to them, When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you shall know that I AM, and that I do nothing of Myself, but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things.

Back