God's Word ----all or part?

Yes, concerning our petitions---however what does this have to do with the potential we have in Christ?

Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

If one only wants a little God, that's what they will get---a little. No power for living and no intimacy of relationship. God will not stay in your box.

If we ask God for something, and it is not in His will, will He give it to you?

Well then Juk there you go, you are setting limits to what God can do in you and your life and brother so be it. God wont force you.
OBTW with what you asked in the other reply about healing and such, Brother that is not about us but Him. When He works through you it is HE who gets ALL GLORY and if wee try to take credit or allow others to say it was by us then we fall and His power will be shut off.
This does not say you can not repent and seer things turned around.
Jim
God will only do things for you if they comply with His will, right? If you ask something of God but He does not want it for you, will He provide it? Well He could, but He wouldn't.

On the topic of God saying no and limiting what he will do for you...

Just because the Lord says no to something, does not mean what you wanted to do was bad. Like when David wanted to build a temple, but God said not in David's lifetime, but one of David's sons will.

So essentially, He did limit to what David could do, because it was not in the Lord's timing. However, the Lord did not limit what he did for David. And David did not get upset, He rejoices! He knows that God's power is limitless, and he (David) is nothing.

The key isn't to ask more from God, it is to be content with what the Lord allows you to do, and to continue pursuing the things of God. If one specific task you set out to do gets a blatant "no" simply rejoice, and move on.

Sorry to get off of the main topic Jim :whistle:

Last edited:
Yes, because God knows what is best for us. We don't. He has something far better than we could hope or think, and as Klub has said, "Simply rejoice, and move on."
I don't think you are getting my point. No point in trying to explain it.

The written word of God is my life. It is everything to me. The integrity of the written word of God is beyond words and something I hold personally to the highest and final authority in my life. I take His written word for everything it says I have and everything it says I am and everything it says I can do. I am His for what ever He desires to do with when ever He desires to do with and how ever He desires to do with.

I am so in Love with my God, my Heavenly Father, my Creator my everything.
He saw fit to send His Son to suffer for my sin just so I can Have His Righteousness and become the righteousness of God through His son Christ Jesus and remembers my sins NO MORE. HE tells me to come to His throne room boldy and this tells me I am not only family that I am His and He has given me His blood and Spirit and His Authroity and HIS VERY WORD which always proves true and just no matter who questions it and no matter if the whole world be a liar. His word simply does not return void.

I am His and that is settled.
I love you Abba Daddy
Love Jim
break chains.JPG

If God is the same Today and yesterday and Tomorrow How can we pick and choose what is to be walked out and what is not to be walked out or lived ?
I have beed told by many theological type Christians over and over that this is not for us or that is not truth but just metaphore or this is not truth and this means that and that means this.

It seems to me when God shows me something in His word about His charactor then I can believe it. So how can any one pick and choose what is for us and what is not and claim to be correct ?

Thank you for you thoughts
Blerssings
Jim

If it's a question of the law of a Moses vs. the law of God, that is another thing many people misinterpret -- most people here seem to understand the difference, as I suspect you do too, but it should be emphasized more since modernism within Christian circles use this to justify certain sins like homosexuality or abortion. I've had far too many conversations with fellow Christians who have said "Christianity needs to evolve. Sure, the Bible says the homosexuality is an abomination, but it also says that about the kosher laws and we all eat bacon, and therefore . . . "

We can't only pick and choose what we want to follow, but we can't even pick and choose which laws were divine and which were bound by the Jews. To suggest it could be would be to forget that Jesus was also an extension of God's justice along with His mercy.

Reactions: Juk
If it's a question of the law of a Moses vs. the law of God, that is another thing many people misinterpret -- most people here seem to understand the difference, as I suspect you do too, but it should be emphasized more since modernism within Christian circles use this to justify certain sins like homosexuality or abortion. I've had far too many conversations with fellow Christians who have said "Christianity needs to evolve. Sure, the Bible says the homosexuality is an abomination, but it also says that about the kosher laws and we all eat bacon, and therefore . . . "

We can't only pick and choose what we want to follow, but we can't even pick and choose which laws were divine and which were bound by the Jews. To suggest it could be would be to forget that Jesus was also an extension of God's justice along with His mercy.
I think that if the laws are recommanded in the New Testament or are in the Old Testament but not necessarily the Law, they should be followed.

We are not beholden to the Law.
Kingdom Laws are what we walk by or should be that is. For example. Forgive See Mark 11:25..When we stand praying....FORGIVE.....if was have AUGHT against any.....then your Father which is in Heaven.......may forgive you your trespasses....

This is but one of many places about "forgivness" It is a command which makes it kingdom law.
Blessings
Jim

Kingdom Laws are what we walk by or should be that is. For example. Forgive See Mark 11:25..When we stand praying....FORGIVE.....if was have AUGHT against any.....then your Father which is in Heaven.......may forgive you your trespasses....

This is but one of many places about "forgivness" It is a command which makes it kingdom law.
Blessings
Jim

The law we are beholden to is written on our hearts, and brought to our mind by Holy Spirit---isn't that so, Jim?

Back