God's Word ----all or part?

Jim, I agree with you...it really bothers me how quick Christians are to call each other heretics or wolves in sheep's clothing. There is a constant attack and a general combative and prideful spirit going around. It is a real burden sometimes and it saddens me to see it.

Jim, I agree with you...it really bothers me how quick Christians are to call each other heretics or wolves in sheep's clothing. There is a constant attack and a general combative and prideful spirit going around. It is a real burden sometimes and it saddens me to see it.

I was thinking Mykuhl that if it bothers us this much, well what about the Fathers heart or the Lord Jesus's Heart or evern ther Holy Spirit ?

I've had to confront many of my initial assumptions about many scriptures as I've grown in my relationship with God.

For example, let's look at a verse like Leviticus 20:10:
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

So if I just read out that verse, and then said to you, "how can any one pick and choose what is for us and what is not and claim to be correct," what would you say to me?

Perhaps, then, we can alter the question to provoke a slightly different discussion:
Instead of "How can we pick and choose what is to be walked out and what is not to be walked out or lived?" maybe we could instead ask, "How can we correctly discern how to read scripture," or, "How do we confront our initial assumptions about scripture and be led by the Spirit toward revelation" or perhaps, "How does one rightly divide scripture (2 Tim 2:15)?"

In this case the Blood of Jesus, forgiveness and grace to cover the sin comes to mind.

If God is the same Today and yesterday and Tomorrow How can we pick and choose what is to be walked out and what is not to be walked out or lived ?
It seems to me when God shows me something in His word about His charactor then I can believe it. So how can any one pick and choose what is for us and what is not and claim to be correct ?...
I find there are two ways to read the bible.
One is with the body-mind, the mind that references everything from this world. This is based on logic. It gives knowledge without knowing.
The other way is with the spirit-mind, the mind that references everything from God/Christ/Truth. This is based on faith. It gives knowing without knowledge.
Knowing is about letting truth come to consciousness. It is not about chasing knowledge.

Our Knowing (common sense and true intelligence) descends into the heart, via the Holy Spirit, without any thoughts or imaginings.
It is like when we read, or hear, the truth, and our heart opens with a big YES, without initially knowing why. Unfortunately, often our reasoning takes over to try and understand it - risking it to becoming lost/watered down.

Once we know from the heart, and if we decide to share it, we need to ascend it from the heart to the mind. The goal is to keep the truth intact with the same love and faith as when we first received it. Then we transfer that knowing into linguistics, where articulation is required. Those gifted with articulation are better equipped to reveal the knowing of truth.

If God is the same Today and yesterday and Tomorrow How can we pick and choose what is to be walked out and what is not to be walked out or lived ?
I have beed told by many theological type Christians over and over that this is not for us or that is not truth but just metaphore or this is not truth and this means that and that means this.

It seems to me when God shows me something in His word about His charactor then I can believe it. So how can any one pick and choose what is for us and what is not and claim to be correct ?

Thank you for you thoughts
Blerssings
Jim
So do you believe that God still allows us to speak in tongues, heal others, and the other things that the Apostles did in the book of Acts? I am curious to know your views because I don't have a solid one just yet.

So do you believe that God still allows us to speak in tongues, heal others, and the other things that the Apostles did in the book of Acts? I am curious to know your views because I don't have a solid one just yet.
Brother that would be a big YES AND AMEN !!
When you make God and His word and this means living by His word which meand doing what His word says the bigest most iomportant part of your life. Well brother there is NO LIMIT to what you can do through Christ.

Brother that would be a big YES AND AMEN !!
When you make God and His word and this means living by His word which meand doing what His word says the bigest most iomportant part of your life. Well brother there is NO LIMIT to what you can do through Christ.
Yes, but I believe that there is a limit to what He will do for you.

Not only does God allow such things, He encourages us to do them.
To speak in tongues, and prophesy? I'm sure that the Bible says that tongues are not to be spoken unless you are near an interpreter. And then prophecies... I don't know about those in our modern times, since the Bible is complete and all...

To speak in tongues, and prophesy? I'm sure that the Bible says that tongues are not to be spoken unless you are near an interpreter. And then prophecies... I don't know about those in our modern times, since the Bible is complete and all...

No, tongues with interpretation is only when God is delivering messages to the assembly. Once we have received the gift, we can pray and worship in tongues whenever and wherever we wish. God continues to prophesy to His children all the time. True prophesy is not so much foretelling of future things, but forthtelling the word of God with His power and anointing.

Yes, but I believe that there is a limit to what He will do for you.
Well then Juk there you go, you are setting limits to what God can do in you and your life and brother so be it. God wont force you.
OBTW with what you asked in the other reply about healing and such, Brother that is not about us but Him. When He works through you it is HE who gets ALL GLORY and if wee try to take credit or allow others to say it was by us then we fall and His power will be shut off.
This does not say you can not repent and seer things turned around.
Jim

He only answers your prayers according to His will, right?

Yes, concerning our petitions---however what does this have to do with the potential we have in Christ?

Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

If one only wants a little God, that's what they will get---a little. No power for living and no intimacy of relationship. God will not stay in your box.

Back