1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

God's Will Vs Mine

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Med1215, Aug 28, 2014.

1. How do we know if we are following God's will or if we're trying to make our will the Father's. I ask bc it's constantly on my mind. I am a new man, with a new, strong and developing relationship with the father. I trust in everything through our savior Jesus Christ. I recently began a friendship with am ex I love deeply knowing I have made changes and hoping she has too. I feel in my heart we will be together but am worried it's my fleshy desires. I prayed to God to open my eyes to know if I should let go of the hope. Soon after I started running into her more and now we are taLking again. But I know it's mostly my initiative. Am I disobeying The Lord? It's my hope that we can start fresh knowing she wasn't ready the first time. Is my haste the result of her seeing someone else? I trust in Gods plan and timing but don't know my role, I feel it's my responsibility to show her it can work.
  2. This is what I believe.. As long as we follow God's revealed will, we don't have to worry about His secret will. Because it is secret!

In your case, make sure you are walking in God's will even in this relationship.. No premarital sex.. And so on.. As you do those, God will take of closing and opening doors.. You cannot step out of line
    New Man 78 likes this.
  3. My advice is, focus on what you already know is God's will for your life. The one thing you know for certain is that His will is for you to become more like Christ. He wants to develop your character, so focus on that and resisting sin.

Based on your other thread, it sounds like she isn't sure what she wants yet. Don't try to take responsibility for showing her it can work. Strive to grow in faith and godliness and as these things develop in you she might find herself being drawn to you. If so, great, just proceed carefully and don't let your feelings tempt you to sin. On the other hand, if you continue to grow in your faith and things don't change with her, she is not the one for you.

God is powerful enough to bring you together with the woman He has planned for you, so seek Him first and trust Him to provide.
    Ravindran likes this.
  4. If you see unusual signs, and if it's good to follow it, follow it within your heart. It will shall be surprising for your life. God's work is mystery and always will. It will reveal it, and you're going to be thankful for His work.
  5. There's no better place than to the word of God:

Proverbs 3:5-7 (KJV)
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
    Cody Johnson and Ravindran say Amen and like this.