God's Sure Foundation

God's sure foundation

(1Corinthians 3:6)I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
(1Corinthians 3:7)So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that
giveth the increase.
(1Corinthians 3:8) Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall
receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(1Corinthians 3:9)For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye areGod's
building.
(1Corinthians 3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise
masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every
man take heed how he buildeth there upon.
(1Corinthians 3:11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus
Christ.
(1Corinthians 3:12)Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood,
hay, stubble;
(1Corinthians 3:13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it
shall be revealed by fire;and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

It makes no difference who plants the Word of God, or who waters it, what is important is, it is
God alone who gives the increase. We can plant for years, and water, but if God is not in it, it's useless.
Where God does His best work is in the hearts of men, which is beyond the view of our physical eyes,
but in the spirit it can be discerned. How gracious is our Lord that he is willing to share His own
thoughts with us, to reveal His plan in its fullness. When He does share His thoughts it brings
something that you can trust in, it becomes a foundation that is unmovable, and unshakable.
The Apostle Paul said he as a master builder has laid the foundation, but it was another person
who was responsible for continuing this building project. We need to take heed how we build upon
what has already been laid. What was the foundation Paul laid?

Jesus said,
(Mathew 16:15) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
(Mathew 16:16)And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
(Mathew 16:17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for
flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
(Mathew 16:18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my
church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Revelation of God's Word only comes from God the Father, as Jesus said “flesh and blood
hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.”
No man can give us this knowledge, but God alone, and it is a rock, a foundation unmovable,
unshakable, which the gates of hell can never prevail against! For us to continue this building which all
of us are responsible for we must have a intimate relationship our Heavenly Father. Our reward will be
according to this wisdom and understanding we receive. The fire will reveal of what sort it is.

(2Timothy 2:16) But shun profane andvain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
(2Timothy 2:17)And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
(2Timothy 2:18)Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already;
and overthrow the faith of some.
(2Timothy 2:19) Neverthelessthe foundation of God standeth sure,having this seal, The Lord
knoweth them that are his. And,Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from
iniquity.

(2Timothy2:20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but
also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
(2Timothy 2:21) If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto
honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

God's foundation is sure and steadfast, and it has been sealed with the Spirit of God. We have
been given a wedding ring from God as His promised bride, which is the earnest of the Spirit. Every
body who is a child of God has a desire to be used by Him, and God does want to use all of us to bring
about His will on earth. There are some things we must do if we want to be used by the Lord, number
one, we must depart from iniquity. The word “iniquity”, means lawlessness, in mathematics it is a term
that means “not equal”. Example, if we treat one group of people one way and another a different way
that is iniquity. We are not being equal, but showing partiality . That is why Jesus said,

Mathew 5:44 But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that
hate you, and pray for them which despite fully use you, and persecute you;

Sometimes that is hard for us to do, Satan uses people to try and trap us into these types of
situations. We must prevail over these if we want to be used by God. Remember we wrestle not against
flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness in high places. Notice in 2 Timothy 2:21 “If a man
therefore purgehimself from these...
”, these what? Iniquities. The word “purge”, means to put
away, but it also has a legal meaning which is “to be in contempt of court”. When someone is in
contempt of court, he is bringing shame and dishonor to the court room. God operates on a legal
system, He uses spiritual laws which is a part of His Kingdom (the laws of the Spirit of life). If we are
walking in iniquity we are bringing shame and dishonor to His Kingdom,
thats why we need to purge ourselves and depart from iniquity. Notice what happens if we do this,
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour,
sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

We will become useful to God and prepared for every good work. I myself want to be a vessel of
honor, set apart and to become an instrument of righteousness in the hands of a Holy God

Last edited:
Hypocrisy is the first iniquity that must be purged, until one is delivered from self-righteousness and the law, they cannot be delivered from sin. "the strength of sin, is the law"

Back