God's inner conflict

Luke 22:42 ''Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done''.

Why was God saying this to Himself? I believe it is because He has an inner conflict, namely: Love for His creation VS Hatred of sin.

The cross is proof that God's love for His creation is greater then His hatred of sin. He sweat blood in anticipation of our sin coming upon Him. He was conflicted!

All scripture that appears as though 'God changed His mind' suddenly makes sense. Let's take Moses and the golden calf as an example. God wanted to destroy the Jews worshipping it. Moses pleaded with God. God relented. Did God change His mind? Respecting Moses's wishes is not God changing His mind. It is evidence of God's love for Moses being greater then His hatred of the sin / Jews worshipping golden calf.

God's love for us all > hatred of sin translates into a God that would do absolutely any and everything He can to justify, spare and save us. Which then translates into eternal separation from Him simply being, us literally not wanting to be with Him.

As John 3:19 says ''This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.'' We are eternally separated from God, not because of our sins. But because we love darkness. We hate the light. We hate God. God loves His enemies, they hate Him.

I am certain that when God made us He was also conflicted on whether to make some from a lump of clay unto dishonour and some from a lump of clay unto honour. Being omniscient and omnipotent He could and we would have absolutely no say. But then we are assuming God's love for us < Hatred of sin / evil / wicked thoughts / wicked intentions.

So this rhema for me is proof that God upholds who He is to the maximum. God is true to Himself at a level that we cannot comprehend. God of the universe made Himself a lamb to the slaughter because He loves us more then what He hates most.

I would suggest that the conflict was not in Himself . In that he did not want to go to the cross .or die .
Luke 22:42 ''Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done''.

Why was God saying this to Himself? I believe it is because He has an inner conflict, namely: Love for His creation VS Hatred of sin.

The cross is proof that God's love for His creation is greater then His hatred of sin. He sweat blood in anticipation of our sin coming upon Him. He was conflicted!

All scripture that appears as though 'God changed His mind' suddenly makes sense. Let's take Moses and the golden calf as an example. God wanted to destroy the Jews worshipping it. Moses pleaded with God. God relented. Did God change His mind? Respecting Moses's wishes is not God changing His mind. It is evidence of God's love for Moses being greater then His hatred of the sin / Jews worshipping golden calf.

God's love for us all > hatred of sin translates into a God that would do absolutely any and everything He can to justify, spare and save us. Which then translates into eternal separation from Him simply being, us literally not wanting to be with Him.

As John 3:19 says ''This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.'' We are eternally separated from God, not because of our sins. But because we love darkness. We hate the light. We hate God. God loves His enemies, they hate Him.

I am certain that when God made us He was also conflicted on whether to make some from a lump of clay unto dishonour and some from a lump of clay unto honour. Being omniscient and omnipotent He could and we would have absolutely no say. But then we are assuming God's love for us < Hatred of sin / evil / wicked thoughts / wicked intentions.

So this rhema for me is proof that God upholds who He is to the maximum. God is true to Himself at a level that we cannot comprehend. God of the universe made Himself a lamb to the slaughter because He loves us more then what He hates most.

God has no conflict within Himself at all .
The fall of man was seen and known from before the foundations of the world. Nor then was he taken by surprise by it .
"God is not a man that he should lie ,nor the son of man that eh should repent"
In regards to the intercession of Moses and indeed the intercession of Jonah (by his preaching judgement) God did not repent in the way you seem to think he did . It does teach the importance of prayer and interceding for others .
Lot was saved out from Sodom by the intercessions of Abraham.
Judgement was declared on Ninevah in 40 DAYS . That judgement was delayed by prayer for the sake of the children who knew not their left from their right" But the judgment of Ninevah was only delayed . God did not repent of it .
Nor did he or does repent of those who indulge in the worship of idols .
God is long suffering ,Patient ,"not willing that any should perish but that all should come to a knowledge of the truth "
God is not in any conflict at all. He OPPOSES and hates sin all day long . Indeed it says "he hates the wicked all day long" If you want to see Gods implacable opposition to sin .Then look at Jesus who "set his face as a flint to go to Jerusalem on the one hand and on the other God turning his back on His only begotten Son ("for a 'moment'" ) when he who knew no sin became sin. That the Son cried out what he did .
Gods attitude to sin has not changed at all . and the wages of sin is STILL death .The soul that sinneth shall still die . He still says "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God"
He also has no conflict as the clay .
For are we not ALL made of clay ?From the same "field"? Were we not if His; as all others once "sons of disobedience "?
But God created man in his own image and gave him all that he needed to LIVE even as to what was good and what was evil. It was by ones mans disobedience that we are now BORN in sin and shapen in iniquity and of "a coruptable seed."
The conflict then is not in God it is in man .
For man of his now corrupted nature is at enmity with God.
Doing that which is good in his own eyes .
Moses did not base his plea on himself but on the righteousness of God . and the promise and therefore the Word of God and the will of God as it was known . It was on THAT basis he pleaded or made intercession for them.
God answered him not for MOSES sake but for His own names sake .

We are all therefore BORN into this world with a nature of a child of disobedience . We were not CREATED so.

In the garden .Jesus had no conflict within himself as to what to do .
He knew full well what he had come and as far back as the wedding of Canna told Mary his mother "my hour has not yet come " and at the end in John he said "Now is mine hour come " What shall I pray ? deliver me form this hour?
When Peter tried to dissuade him of it ,the Lord rebuked him as one speaking for Satan.
He Himself said I delight to do thy will oh God. Or in another place said" I came not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me"
We should not then think the conflict was about going or not going to the cross ."having loved them he loved them to the end "
But the Word of God and the will of God was that "he was the lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world" As one who was to slain on the day of atonement .NOT in the garden the night before .
The conflict then was not in himself but as he said it . "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak " pray ye then that you fall not into temptation"
What temptation > To let the flesh rule the spirit . He was dying as indicated by the great drops of blood that he sweated . He was dying because of the great pressure he in the flesh was under both by the weight of the sin of the world and all the powers of hell arrayed against Him as also indirectly the will of God and the way of God and the Word of God .
In THAT respect he prayed that the cup of death would pass from Him. and" in that he was heard " said one it was and angels came and ministered strength to him.
and the battle and conflict of the ages was won .
But it is interesting to note .That though it was HIS will to do the Fathers will and to die on the cross even the death of the cross .He by a mans will could not endure what had to be endured .So even in this he said "not my will be done but thine"
and so he was able to endure the unendurable .
It is encouraging to note that it is God through the Spirit "that worketh within us to will and to do of His good pleasure " Thus God makes always provision fro His work to go forward both in us and in the extention and progress of His kingdom.

in Christ
gerald

Back