Godlywood Girl Daily Inspiration

Today's Daily Devotional for Women - 3 Steps to Finding God's Purpose for Your Life

Hello gorgeous daughter of Christ!

In today’s daily devotional we’re going to discuss how to step into God’s purpose for your life. Tell me what you think in the comments section – I love hearing other perspectives!

Now outside God’s church, people in the world typically define your “purpose” as whatever you want it to be, right? You live life doing what you want to do when you want to do it as long as it makes you happy.

But here’s why that method is flawed. Happiness is a temporary emotion. It’s not everlasting. Joy is the feeling everyone looks for, which is personal satisfaction, contentment with your life, and that peaceful feeling of just being “good.” But you can’t get that everlasting feeling without being exactly what God created you to be, i.e., your authentic self.

When you hide who God made you to be, you end up feeling like you’re drifting along without a current, you feel like you don’t have a lot of self worth, you feel like you’re not substantial, you feel depressed and anxious and stressed and you don’t really know how to fix it. You feel unsatisfied and discontent with your life.

And there’s an easy solution to that. Realize that God didn’t create you to be inauthentic. God didn’t create you to hide who you really are. Every single one of us was created with a purpose. Romans 8:28 says in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. What is that purpose?

It’s the great commission Jesus talks about in Matthew 28:19-20, 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with youalways, to the very end of the age.”

This is your purpose. To tell others about the love of God. To tell them that Jesus loves them, and died for them, and if they believe in Him they can spend eternity with Him.

But the WAY you do this, the way you tell other’s about His name, is your specific calling.

Paul says we have one body, but many different spiritual gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:11-12 reads “All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines. 12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.”

Your piece of the puzzle is what God has called you to do. And how do you find out what your calling is? Look inside you. It’s already there. It’s what you’re passionate about, what you’re interested in. It's probably something you're afraid to do. Because it’s going to be impossible for you to accomplish it without God.

Someone has likely told you it isn't “good enough,” that you “won’t make money at it.” It's probably something that you think is just a hobby, but would do it for free. That's one of the biggest indicators of your passion. You would do it for free.

Here’s how you can find out.

1. What do people say you’re good at?
  2. What are you passionate about doing? What would you do for free?
  3. How can you use those activities to tell others about God’s love?

Then after you know those answers, ask God to confirm His purpose for your life. Spend at least 7 days praying, fasting and worshiping to ask God to confirm it.

And when you do this, when you’re living in God’s purpose and being your authentic self and being exactly what God created you to be, you can finally unlock inner joy and contentment.

By achieving God’s purpose for your life, you can finally answer that gut feeling you have and start living your best self.

You can finally start reaching your full potential and becoming what God made you to be. You can breathe easier because you know you’re taking charge of your life instead of letting other people dictate whether you go left or right. Because let me tell you, even if you start by working on your purpose just 5 minutes a day, you’ll start to feel that bubble of excitement you’ve been missing for so long.

You can feel connected with your purpose, you can feel aligned with your core values, you can create a positive impact on the world by sharing God’s love through your natural gifts and abilities. You can reinvent yourself and be your best self.

And I want to remind you how SPECIAL you are in God’s eyes with this affirmation:

God has created me to do GREAT THINGS for His Kingdom. I have everything I need to step into my divine calling. I am equipped with all the talents, skills and abilities I need to ignite my passion and reach for God’s purpose in my life. Today I choose to believe in God’s calling and APPLY THAT FAITH to my walk so I can take the steps necessary to reach success.

A-men!

In tomorrow’s devotional, we’ll talk about the three biggest lies the enemy uses to keep you from living God’s purpose for your life.

God bless you always, sister of Christ.

You are the chosen daughter of a Risen King… And that makes you ROYALTY!

XOX,

Stephanie

Today's Daily Devotional for Women - The 3 Biggest Lies the Enemy Uses to Keep You From Your Purpose in Christ

Today’s devotional is about 3 big lies the enemy uses to keep you from being who God made you to be. Tell me what you think in the comments section – I love hearing other perspectives!

Unfortunately in this world, a lot of people will tell you what THEY think you should be, And they’ll tell you to follow their advice because they’re “so full of wisdom.” But here’s why that method is flawed.

Most people in this world never went beyond status quo and lived their AUTHENTIC self. Research says about 98% of people gave up on the dream they had as a child and settled for a 9-5 that let them pay the bills and have a “normal” life.

Now is there anything wrong with that? No. As long as THAT’S what God created you to be. So ask yourself – are your instincts telling you that God wants you to live a status quo life? Or is God telling you to do something bigger than what everyone expects you to do?

98% of your family and friends are not living in their passion. They made the choice they thought they needed to make to survive. Only 2 out of every 100 people you know will actually put in the work to step out on faith and achieve everything God created them to achieve.

Don’t take advice from people who aren’t on the level you want to be.

Because when you DO decide God wants you to do something bigger – here are three lies the enemy uses to distract you from being what God created you to be.

Lie Number 1: God did not create a specific purpose for your life.

That’s a lie because Psalms 139:13-14 says “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” God designed you from the beginning of time and put you in your mother’s womb with a specific purpose.

Remember, Romans 8:28 says And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” In ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, and that includes your purpose.

1 Corinthians 12:4-6 says “There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.”

You have a specific gift and a specific service and a specific work God created you to do, that the Spirit personally distributed to you and only you. It’s yours. You are made with a specific purpose. It’s your piece of the body of Christ. So if anyone tells you that you don’t have a specific purpose for your life – they are lying. God says the Spirit has distributed gifts just to you.

Now let’s look at lie number 2: God wants you to make the most money possible. There are so many problems with this one. First of all – money isn’t even what we need to have all of our needs taken care.

Philippians 4:19 says: 19 And my God will supply your every need according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” God will supply all of your needs. Money has nothing to do with it. If it did, there’d never be a millionaire who committed suicide because they’d have everything they need to be happy. But they DO commit suicide, because money doesn’t fill you up. Only God can do that.

God doesn’t intend for you to decide your career path by whatever pays you the most money possible. He wants you to get on a career path that is your authentic self – the person He created you to be. And financial freedom comes as a result of you stepping into your authentic self and letting God’s light shine to the world through your gifts and abilities.

When I was struggling with anxiety, it was because my spiritual tank was empty. Even as I started to make more money and see my bank account grow, I was still anxious, because I wasn’t getting the RIGHT riches.

Once I finally said “yes” to what God was asking me to do - and finally started doing it - I’ve never had another anxious day in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I still have sad MOMENTS, but they are temporary. They are fleeting. Because the positive, excited energy I get as a result of doing what God asked me to do – of living my passion and purpose and being the authentic self God called me to be – overrides that sadness and snaps me out of it.

Abundance comes as a result of living in your passion and purpose – not the other way around. So first focus on doing what God called you to do -- and God's blessings for your obedience will provide all your needs.

Now let’s look at lie number 3: God’s purpose for your life will be easy for you to accomplish.

Ha! God never said His purpose for your life will be easy for you to accomplish. NO GOAL is easy to accomplish.

Galatians 6:7 says “Do not be deceived. God will not be made a fool. For a person will reap what he sows…” In order for you to reap success - you MUST put in the hard work for God to bless.Remember the Israelites had to walk 40 years to get to the promise land.

And the best example that it won’t be easy to accomplish our purpose for God? Jesus Christ Himself!

His purpose was to come down to this earth and die for our sins. Was it easy? No! He had to be CRUCIFIED in order to accomplish His purpose. He had to be whipped and bruised and BEATEN.

He SUFFERED to accomplish His purpose. But He didn’t give up. And now we get to have eternal life by believing in His name. Praise be to God!

Your purpose should NOT be easy. In fact, if it’s something you can easily do on your own – it’s probably not God’s purpose for your life. Because the idea is that you have to rely on God to open the doors for you.

Hear me, beautiful daughter of Christ. Your purpose is IMPOSSIBLE for you to do on your own. The only way to do it is through GOD and hard work.

Here’s what I mean - James 2:14-26 says 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but does not have works? Can this kind of faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacks daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm and eat well,” but you do not give them what the body needs, what good is it? 17 So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead being by itself. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith without works and I will show you faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; well and good. Even the demons believe that—and tremble with fear. 20 But would you like evidence, you empty fellow, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was working together with his works and his faith was perfected by works. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Now Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And similarly, was not Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

I sum this up by two words: APPLIED FAITH. I heard a pastor say it like this: “work like it all depends on you, pray like it all depends on God.”

Catch that, sister of Christ. Work like it all depends on you. Pray like it all depends on God. Because as you work, God will send opportunities to get to the next step. Then when you work on that next step, God sends you opportunities to get to the next one.

Oprah says success is preparation meets opportunity, and that’s exactly right, except she left out that God sends you that opportunity AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE PREPARATION necessary to receive it.

I’m going to say that again – success is preparation meets opportunity, but God only sends you that opportunity AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE PREPARATION necessary to receive it.

Here’s how that happened in my own life. I said yes to God’s calling for me to make a Christian film when I was 18. When I finished the script, God sent a cinematographer into my life who was interested in shooting a feature film – for free.

Once I had him, I got a job and saved the money I would need to film the movie. Once I had the money, God sent actors and filmmakers into my life who wanted to work on the movie – for free – just so they would have the experience.

Then I scheduled the movie. Once we finished filming the movie, God sent me a student who owned her own editing equipment and wanted the experience of editing a feature film.

Once she finished it, God sent me a teacher who said he was proud of me and wanted me to have a premiere at the school.

Once we had the premiere, God sent me an opportunity to have the film picked up by a distributor. And the film ended up getting distributed in Red Boxes an Walmarts across the country. Notice none of those steps could have happened without the previous.

Here’s God’s truth. Your purpose in this world is the great commission. And the way you’re supposed to share God’s gospel is the calling He has for your life. Yesterday we talked about how the biggest indicator of your calling is your passion - It’s already there. Go back and check out that message if you missed it – or read it on GodlywoodGirl.com by going to: bit.ly/april18devo.

Because when you are faithful with the resources you have now, God will bless you with greater resources in the future. Start being faithful in the small things - and He will bless you with the big things.

And I want to remind you how SPECIAL you are in God’s eyes with this affirmation:

God made me with a divine passion and purpose. God made me to succeed. And through His name, I deserve success. Victory is my right. It IS my birthright. Because I are the chosen daughter of a Risen King. And that makes me royalty.

A-men!

If you aren’t already signed up for my free upcoming webinar that teaches you HOW to achieve God’s purpose for your life – even if everyone else thinks you’re crazy – sign up for it by visiting bit.ly/liveyourpurpose.

In tomorrow’s devotional, we’ll talk about how to believe in God’s passion and purpose for your life even when everyone thinks you’re crazy. Trust me… I’ve been there!

XOX,

Stephanie

periscope.tv/godlywoodgirl

Today's Daily Devotional for Women - 4 Steps to BELIEVE In Your God-Given Purpose

In today’s daily devotional, we’re going to discuss how to believe in God’s passion and purpose for your life even when everyone else thinks you’re crazy. Now in the world we live in, society tends to mold us into becoming whatever makes them comfortable; i.e., whatever isn’t too “different,” doesn’t “disrupt” anyone, and doesn’t make anyone “uncomfortable.”

Society tells us to get a job that’s “respectable,” a career that’s steady and where we’re working for a big company and spending time trying to please our boss so we get promoted.

AKA – Be just like everyone else instead of standing out and shining the way God created you to.

But being ordinary and being just like everyone else is not what God calls us to do at all!

Romans 12:2 saysDo not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect.

We can NOT go by what the world tells us. We have to go only by what God says. So if God says for you to be loud and different and FIERCE – even if it makes other people uncomfortable – do it! What’s the point of molding into what everyone else wants you to be? They’re still going to judge you even if you’re doing exactly what they tell you to do. You know who won’t judge you? God. Because He created you – knit you together in your mother’s womb – to be your authentic self. So be it!

But here’s the real question. How do you “be it” when everyone else is telling you that it’s too much? It’s not possible? It’s too DIFFERENT and unreliable? Number 1 - You have to believe what GOD says about your gifts – not what PEOPLE say about your gifts.

Romans 12:6-8 says 6 And we have different gifts according to the grace given to us. If the gift is prophecy, that individual must use it in proportion to his faith.7 If it is service, he must serve; if it is teaching, he must teach;8 if it is exhortation, he must exhort; if it is contributing, he must do so with sincerity; if it is leadership, he must do so with diligence; if it is showing mercy, he must do so with cheerfulness.”

Your gift isn’t an accident. It’s given to you according to grace. And you MUST use it!

2 Timothy 1:6-7 says 6 Because of this I remind you to rekindle God’s gift that you possess through the laying on of my hands.7 For God did not give us a Spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control.”

Use your self control and your power and the Spirit within you to retrain your mind to speak LIFE into your talents and abilities. When the thought comes in that says “this isn’t good enough,” remind yourself that God has given you your gift by grace and that your gift is full of POWER.

If you still have trouble believing God made you with this gift, read Ephesians 2:10, which says 10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.”

God prepared you in ADVANCE to do good works. He masterfully made you with your gifts and abilities to share His love with the world! You are a masterpiece!

A second way to believe in your gifts when everyone else thinks you’re crazy? Keep your mindset right. Because what we think about most is what will actually come to pass.

You have to be very careful about the thoughts you think and the words you say. The quickest and easiest way to believe in God’s purpose for your life when everyone else is saying you’re crazy is for you to THINK your purpose is worthy and that you WILL achieve it.

Colossians 3:1 – 3 says “Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Keep thinking about things above, not things on the earth, 3 for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.”

This means that through your faith in Christ, through His love that surrounds you, you no longer live by the rules of this earth. You are now the daughter of a Risen King. You are ABOVE what’s down here. So keep your mind thinking of what’s above – God’s purpose for your life. The gifts the Holy Spirit has placed inside of you. Don’t worry about what other people are saying down here. Think only of what God says about you up there!

The 3rd way to believe in your purpose when everyone else says you’re crazy - Do not hang around people who don’t support your vision.

This isn’t to say you should cut anybody out of your life. What I’m saying is they shouldn’t be in your close circle. Remember, the greatest sum of your company is what you will become. As the great Dr. Eric Thomas says, some of you need to change your circle of influence.

If you spend 24 hours a day around people who say you can’t achieve your dream, then you’re going to believe them. But if you spend 24 hours a day around other people who believe in God’s purpose for your life, and who are ACTIVELY pursuing God’s purpose for THEIR life, and praying and fasting and worshiping God each step of the way – you will do this as well.

1 Corinthians 15:33 says “Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.”

Proverbs 13:20 says “The one who associates with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.”

Romans 16:17 says “17 Now I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who create dissensions and obstacles contrary to the teaching that you learned. Avoid them!”

The Bible is very clear that the company you keep will affect who you are. So if you want to believe in your purpose – you have to keep company with people who believe in your purpose too.

The 4th way to believe in your purpose is towatch motivational videos and read motivational messages from people who are living in their passion – like Eric Thomas, Joyce Meyers, Paula White, Joel Osteen, and what we send out here on Godlywood Girl. It goes back to what we talked about earlier. The greatest sum of your company influences who you are. So the more motivational messages you listen to that empower your purpose, the more empowered in your purpose you’ll be.

I am created for a divine purpose. And by saying yes to that purpose, God has abundance and prosperity in store for me. I will soar on wings of eagles. I will run and not grow weak. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And I am made to succeed.

A-men!

If you aren’t already signed up for my free upcoming webinar that teaches you HOW to achieve God’s purpose for your life – even if everyone else thinks you’re crazy – sign up now by visiting bit.ly/liveyourpurpose.

In tomorrow’s devotional, we’ll talk about how to breathe life into God’s purpose for your life.

XOX,

Stephanie

periscope.tv/godlywoodgirl

PS - Unfortunately because of my schedule I don’t always have time to come and post in this group. BUT you can always get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter (@GodlywoodGirl). Just send me any questions you have! XOX!

Today's Daily Devotional for Women - 4 Ways to BREATHE LIFE Into Your God-Given Passion

In today’s daily devotional we’re going to discuss how to breathe life into your passion and purpose for Christ.

So people tell us to have passion about something, all we have to do is “think it will happen,” right? But here’s the problem with that. While we do need to believe in our vision – which is what I taught you how to do yesterday – you also have to BREATHE LIFE into it by applying your belief through hard work.

Once you’ve found your passion and purpose for Christ, you must breathe life into it. If you aren’t working towards it every day, it will wither away and die. Just like your body needs food every day to stay nourished, God’s purpose for your life needs to be nourished every day in order to grow strong and have a chance to succeed. You do that by:

Step 1. Write down your passion and purpose. Keep it in your line of sight so you are thinking about it each day. Habakkuk 2:2 says to write the vision down and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it! Write it down clearly and visually so that anybody can take a look at it and see the picture God wants you to paint.

Step 2. Create a prayer asking God to bless it, grow it and nurture it. Pray that prayer every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to sleep. The formula that we use is the Lords Prayer found in Matthew 6:9–13. It reads "Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”

Step 3. Spend 5 minutes each morning and evening stepping into your vision by reading your passion and purpose statement out loud and imagining it. Proverbs 4:25 – 26 says “Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. 26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.” Keep your mind focused on your passion and your purpose so you unlock your vision and breathe life into the dream God gave you.

Step 4. Invest the time to cultivate your passion and talents and become the best at it you can be. Put in the work to become an expert. One researcher says it takes 10,000 hours of doing something before you really master it. Work on it for at least 5 minutes each day this week, then 10 minutes next week, 20 minutes the next, and keep working at it until you master it.

Colossians 3:17 says “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

Romans 12:11 – 12 says “Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.”

Proverbs 14:23 – 24 says “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. The wealth of the wise is their crown, but the folly of fools yields folly.”

We can’t just talk about it, we can’t just envision it, we can’t just believe in it – although all these things are important. We also have to work hard at it. That’s how God is going to bless us with an opportunity to reach success.

Step 5 - Don't ever let it go. Temporary defeats are just that - temporary. It's not supposed to be easy. Success is hard for everyone. But when you are faithful with what God has for you now, He will elevate you into what He has in store for your future. Work in your purpose with the resources you have now. Start being faithful in the small things - and He will bless you with the big things. God will use your passion to make all things possible.

Luke 16:10 says “The one who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and the one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.”

Do great things for God with what you have now. Understand, sister of Christ. The next opportunity will not open up until you honor God with the opportunities He’s put into your life right now. The next resources will not come your way until you honor God with the resources you have now.

Start with what you already have. Your purpose for God all starts with the natural gifts and abilities God has put inside of you! If you’re keeping them hidden from the world, how can He use them to show others His love? How can He give you even MORE when you aren’t even being faithful with what you have?

Because trust me – He wants to bless you!

And I want you to remind you how SPECIAL you are in God’s eyes with this affirmation:

I will work through the pain. I understand that my destiny, my legacy, my victory is my birth right. And nobody can take it away from me except me. Romans 8 says nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. God wants me to succeed.

A-men!

If you aren’t already signed up for my free upcoming webinar that teaches you HOW to achieve God’s purpose for your life – even if everyone else thinks you’re crazy – sign up for it by visiting bit.ly/liveyourpurpose.

In tomorrow’s devotional, we’ll talk about the 4 stages necessary to becoming exactly what God created you to be.

XOX,

StephanieAffirmation Statement April 21.png

Back