1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

"god Says I Made Hell To Get Even With Man!" ? :/ Where Is That In Scripture?

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Scripture Bird, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I'm researching Hell, Hades, fire, brimstone, today and happen upon this video posted at a different Christian forum.
    It is the tail end of an hour plus long sermon. The poster at the other site elected to start the pastor's message at that point in the thread title here. Thank goodness. :LOL:

My question, because I am unfamiliar with that passage being I always understood God created Hell for Satan and his fallen angels.
    I sought out this pastors website and see that he incorporates the Apocrypha and the Book of Jasher in his teachings. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with other scriptures than what is in the canon? And that may be where we may find a verse that proclaims, God made Hell so as to get even with man. :unsure:

Thanks for your help. :) God Bless.
  2. o_O That's odd. God in the thread title is in lower case. I've clicked the, 'thread tools' button, 'edit title', and corrected to capital "G" three times and it doesn't take. Is it me? Or is there something wrong in my board settings? :oops:
  3. I tried as well with the same results.
    Scripture Bird likes this.
  4. Hmmm, must be editor gremlins. (looks around):cautious:

5. God Says I Made Hell To Get Even With Man!" ? :/ Where Is That In Scripture?

To put it bluntly, it isn't. Whoever the "pastor" is, he pulled that one out of thin air.
    Major, Silk, Scripture Bird and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  6. That's what I was thinking. However, being that his church incorporates the Apocrypha and other texts into their teaching I thought this may be in those books.
  7. That verse is not in the 66 agreed-upon canon.
    Major and Scripture Bird say Amen and like this.
  8. IMO, that is one of the most unfair depictions of a sermon I have ever seen. Jennings does say, God Says I Made Hell To Get Even With Man!" at 1 hour 5 minutes of a one hr. 9 min. sermon. He also said God has given man chance after chance after chance to walk with Him. The entire sermon was about how "we" should get right with God, giving Him the total person, not lip service. He is speaking to a particular audience. I don't agree with everything he said or this style of preaching - and I agree the quote isn't scripture - but the sermon was not about hell. It was about putting false preachers and wordly ways away.
  9. Hell was made for the devil and his demons, not for us but when the fall happened the separation from God caused man to be but there but thru Christ we can be spared from hell.
    Major likes this.
  10. There is no such Bible verse and you are correct in that God created the Lake of Fire for the unholy trinity.
    Satan, A/C and false prophet. They are the 1st to be placed into the pit of torments.
  11. I thought I was correct as far as the Canon is concerned. I am not at all versed in the Apocrypha nor the other non-canonical books that particular pastor incorporates into his ministry. That's why I thought perhaps there was something in those other scripts that had said what he proclaimed.

What I find fascinating is that in researching his ministry further after this, he states in a different sermon that those who teach the word of God are responsible and shall answer to God for their shepherding to the flock they are to lead to Christ. This is true in as far as what is written in the Canon. And it is that which makes it ever the more confusing as to why he would proclaim that false teaching about Hell. :(

His church as a website, firstchurchofchrist.com. I contacted them via the contact form on the site. I also called their toll free number to alert them to that email question regarding his teaching about Hell.

If I hear back I'll update you all.

It's concerning because he is aware of the fate for his false teaching that he faces.

But that he is teaching his flock and others that tune in to his world wide ministry, because he travels the world as an apostle of the Lord, this is in fact leading them down the wrong path. It's installing a fear that is not there. And, at least in my view, it portrays a very bad image upon God to say that he created Hell so as to get even with us.
  12. My definition of hell is separation from God. Is this not a place for all who reject Him - humans and fallen angels alike?

(PS: @Scripture Bird - I got the Wiesel book "Night" yesterday late, haven't had time to read it. If it was in ebook format I couldn't find it - just cliff notes and people's opinions on it. Can't wait to read!)
    Major likes this.
  13. Excellent. I look forward to what you have to say about it after you've read it. :)
  14. If he is using the Apocrypha to teach and preach from, then he is a lot farther down the road of deception and false teaching that you can imagine!!!
  15. If you go to the church website they sell a Bible that the church uses in ministry. It includes the apocrypha, the book of Jasher, and other texts. It is that which may be the source for his teaching about Hell. I don't know anyone versed in the apocrypha. Nor can I find anything in keyword searches that relate to his statement.

And to date I've not heard back from the church in reply to the email I sent them asking for the scripture that supports his statement. Of course, he has a world wide ministry so I can understand not hearing back after just a few days.
  16. You make it sound like the deuterocanonical texts were written by Satan.
  17. Well............

I apologize for the following post. I have done this before but it seems by brother Peace has not read it. So my brother, I am going to post something from only one book of the Apocrapha and then allow you to answer your own comment.

Now if for some reason you think I am fooling with you or making this up, YOU do the work and look up this stuff for yourself.

From Enoch 40:1-10
    1 And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude 2 beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presences, different from those that sleep not, and I learnt their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things. 3 And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory. 4 The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. 5 And the second voice I heard blessing 6 the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits. 7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord 8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: ‘Who are these four presences which I have 9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’ 10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days. "

Who in the world is PHANUEL?????
    The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. Is that not blasphemy! Now listen to me Peace........That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

Now I call upon you to defend what you are claiming to be acceptable. How do you explain and defend this obviously occult statement???

Lets do another from Enoch which is actually the most quoted book of the Apocrypha.

Enoch 48:1-3...
    1 And in that place I saw the fountain of righteousness Which was inexhaustible: And around it were many fountains of wisdom: And all the thirsty drank of them, And were filled with wisdom, And their dwellings were with the righteous and holy and elect. 2 And at that hour that Son of Man was named In the presence of the Lord of Spirits, And his name before the Head of Days. 3 Yea, before the sun and the signs were created, Before the stars of the heaven were made, His name was named before the Lord of Spirits."

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus.

What does Jesus Himself claim in Revelation 1:8........
    "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days??? Lord of Spirits??? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.

Again from the Book of Enoch, chapter 69:8-12...
    8 "...And the fourth was named Penemue: he taught the 9 children of men the bitter and the sweet, and he taught them all the secrets of their wisdom. And he instructed mankind in writing with ink and paper, and thereby many sinned from eternity to 10 eternity and until this day. For men were not created for such a purpose, to give confirmation 11 to their good faith with pen and ink. For men were created exactly like the angels, to the intent that they should continue pure and righteous, and death, which destroys everything, could not have taken hold of them, but through this their knowledge they are perishing, and through this power 12 it is consuming me."

What?? Do you see it???..... ... There it is in black and white !!!! MANS WISDOM CAME FROM A DEMON NAMED PENEMUE!!!!

That's crazy! Did ink and paper cause the fall of the human race? Whoa ... I'd better throw all my fine-point pens away immediately!

Wasn't It Adam's sin that brought sin into the world (Romans 5:12); not evil literature or do you have another explination for this????

Mankind is inherently evil of himself, prone to the works of the flesh according to the Word of God in Galatians 5:19-21. Men and women sin because they are sinners! (Romans 3:10,23). Yes, demons demons can definitely influence mankind to do evil, BUT the ultimate decision is OURS. The Devil cannot force anyone to sin. People need to stop blaming demons and the Devil for their sins, and start looking into the mirror. God has promised to help His children live right... "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1st Corinthians 10:13). No excuses!

Now brother Peace, that is the clear Word of God. Now since you accept the works of these books called the Apocrapha and question me and others every time and chance you get over these books..........it is now up to YOU to explain thse words from those books you accept which are absolutely non-Biblical.

I wait expectantly to hear your explanation!
  18. I haven't the energy or time. We agree to disagree. Good day.
  19. Major, you are way off here.
    These are the books of the Apocrypha:
    1 Maccabees
    2 Maccabees
    Bel and the Dragon
    Esther (additional verses)

Enoch is not nor has ever been in the Apocrypha, though it is "apocryphal", there is a difference.
    Silk and PeaceLikeaRiver say Amen and like this.
  20. You are kidding me and everyone else here aren't you????? YOU are the one who has been supporting the Apocrypha!!!!
    I am giving you the opportunity to back up your words with truth and action!

You mean to tell us all (especially me) that you come here and argue and try to correct us at every opportunity and when you have your hand caught in the cookie jar you think you can just say............

"I haven't the energy or time. We agree to disagree. Good day."

You are dadgummed right we disagree. You have disagreed with us from the moment you came here but The truth is .....................
    you can not explain those verses except to say that they are in fact exactly what you asked about them which was....
    "Are you saying they were written by Satan".(comment #16)

When shown exactly that you simply fold your tent and slide away.

My friend, you have no credibility with me and please do not ever again question my thoughts or try to argue or debate.
    Plenty of people will say of me that ...."I do not agree with the old Major", but you will never find anyone who says...........
    The old Major just rants and raves & confronts but never stands up and explains himself or what he believes!!!
    Personally, I explain everything I say and post with out exception and I never just walked away saying in effect.......
    "Too bad so sad, I don't want to".

You didn't give an explanation because you can't and you simply will not admit it. That is what happens when our thinking overpowers the facts of what the Bible does in fact say.

Good day is an appropriate sign off!

Major out!

(Sorry mods, I know this is personal, but I just had to get that out. Shoot me if you need to, it's Friday so it will be OK).