1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

God Is Control Of My Life, But What Does That Mean?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by 福井舞, Apr 12, 2014.

1. I just saw Sal's thread on how to respond to people who are seek to destroy you.

I have a question, so I know God is control of my life, and nothing can happen to me without His permission first.

so does that mean if some people in my life is seeking to harm me, or actively wishing me fail ( I don't whether you guys been through this or not, but sometimes knowing people actively want you to fail, is like sensing this negative energy from them you can't shake off, and it does affect you), I can just not think about them ( even if it is impossible to completely avoid them), and keep doing what I know I should, and knowing my Dad in heaven loves me and He would never let those bad people harm me, and whether I succeed in life or not is depending on Him?

any answers or sharing of experience would be appreciated.

2. The church has always held a clearer definition of the idea of "control" than modern evangelicalism. Yes God is in control of the overall result and He will utilize circumstances (good or bad) and work them all together for the good of the one who loves Him (that would be you) but this does not mean (in this view) that He is like the grand puppet master pulling every string making all puppets dance to His prearranged tune. In this view we are not ALL pre-programmed robots just following the predetermined irresistible instruction code. We are beings that have a will of our own (this allowing for the fall in the first place) who are made in His image but by OUR will we all will sin (from very early on). Secondly in this historic view (still held by most of Christianity) He has given mankind (as a blessing - see Genesis 1:28) "dominion" (rulership) over the things on the earth but mankind by following the line of knowledge offered by satan (see Genesis 3:1-5) has bowed to him thus turning over dominion of this earth to him (thus he is called "the god of this world")...he is not more powerful or equal to God but God is faithful to His word (He is not a man that He should lie)...He gave man the dominion, man gave the deed to Satan, and so a man had to take it back....but all have sinned...so the Son of God became a man who would not sin...

Hebrews 2:14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver ( to snatch away, rescue, save) them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

He suffered the death (the curse of the law - which we deserve) but death could not hold Him because He had never sinned...this allowed His death to be our atonement...

But others who are not His (not having received the Holy Spirit) are still out there making choices...these choices can affect you and if and when they do, whatever they are (good or bad) God will take them and work them together for your good...now I know that when hard times come or when we suffer at their hand we wonder why but trusting God looks forward to that wonderous glorious promise of our eternal life...and sometimes it is these very trials and tribulations that make us into the person God uses in the way He needed us to be used...

In Romans 8 Paul says "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." And in 2 Corinthians 4 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all" as he compares our troubles to those 100 times more gruesome trials suffered by the sinless one.

Peter instructs us to "...rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed."

So as Jesus said "In this world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world" and we who have been born from above are IN CHRIST...this means that in Him you also have overcome this world which is but a fleeting moment compared to eternity...so fear not...the I AM is with you.

In His love

brother Paul

God calls me Olivia likes this.
  3. God does love you and he can make great opportunities for you and even better ones, even if others have done you harm. Remember you are a new creation in Christ. In that, in God's Spirit there is a love and joy that is so great that even if others insult us, the insult seems insignificant in comparison to the great love from God we experience. Only be faith in God can we experience this however. To walk in faith we need to start with little things. When those people approach you ask to see them through God's eyes. I can be certain they are miserable inside (even if they don't appear outwardly so) because the only way to have true joy, peace, and love (real inner blessings) is through the love in the Holy Spirit. So when they approach and are rude smile at them. When they say mean things say nice ones. Part of the reason they do this to you is because they know it effects you. What is they continuously saw that it didn't effect you. That you turned your life to God and walked in His ways. They would eventually stop bothering you because they couldn't get the reaction out of you that they wanted.

For yourself however, trust God to give you His love, joy, and peace. Every time God speaks to you do His will even if it is not your own and God will work with that and bless you with the fruit of His Spirit. When God sees you are putting Him first he often takes care of things and brings you opportunities just because you are trusting him for your needs and not trusting the world for your needs.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your lifee ?28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:25-34).

When you seek God first he takes care of you. If you seek the world first, you will be subject to what happens in the world. God loves you and is with you. Trust him and do His will and He will help you. Ignore them, but learn to love them trusting God that His love is the greatest blessing you can have. Experiencing God's love is beyond compare in blessings.

Instead of repeating a lot, I have responded to Sal's thread, so you can find the ending of this post in the thread by Sal that you mentioned.

4. "...and keep doing what I know I should, and knowing my Dad in heaven loves me and He would never let those bad people harm me, and whether I succeed in life or not is depending on Him?" Bingo! You have your own answer.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters." Romans 8:28-29.

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”[a])37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us." Romans 8:35-37.

"Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault." Jude 1:24.

Can anything separate you from the destiny you have in Christ? Can anything trample Christ's lordship of you? Can any other person, spirit, or circumstance do this? NO! God had told us this plainly. So this is what it means that God is in control. Only you - if you deeply will it - can turn your back on God.

5. I just want to correct one thing I wrote. I mean ignore the mean things, not the people. Love the people, but ignore the hurt. Sorry for the mistake.

6. "...and keep doing what I know I should, and knowing my Dad in heaven loves me and He would never let those bad people harm me, and whether I succeed in life or not is depending on Him?"

Nowhere does God promise no bad or no harm will come to you...you must trust that God loves you even if that should occur. I do not want you to be misled...the three Hebrew children had the right attitude it was...

I know God can deliver me
    But even if He does not I will not bow down

They trsuted that whatever happened, even if they got painfully burned to death, God had His reasons and that was fine with them because they knew Who's they were and where they were going and what He had promised was their's

Sal likes this.
  7. thanks for all the replies I have received so far.

they offers a lot of insights and encouragements.

so thanks

8. We are either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness. Now what does slave mean?

9. #9 Brother Paul, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    'ebed in Hebrew can mean slave proper OR a servant...doulos translated servant actually means "child" like "my servant David" or His Son Jesus...the word for bond servant is usually used regarding His children in comparison - see 1 Cor. 7:22

10. God does allow us to suffer at the hands of the ungodly.