God Calls One Home Right After Baptism With Giant Wave!!

Yes, and I agree most of what you said, but at one point you told me if I was not at a place of understanding just doing what God said to do, then it's time to dump the husband. You also said it's best to dump the husband than to allow strife, but how is any of that biblical? What does the Bible state are reasons to do this?

Also, the pastor said the child will bring restoration, but if not there will be destruction. Wouldn't that be of the marriage? We were talking about our marriage vows right and if we were going to commit to them. Anyway, it could have meant what you said, but you later took that back and said you didn't say it, but you did. So, I just am paying attention, because you have changed a couple of things, IMO. Then, you have this attitude that if someone doesn't agree with you, it must mean we are not mature Christians and compared us to kindergarteners.
"dump your husband" who and what Christian would tell another believer to do such a thing? God hates divorce and would never even suggest that a wife would "dump" a husband? That's so ungodly it is hard to understand how that could ever be spoken?

"dump your husband" who and what Christian would tell another believer to do such a thing? God hates divorce and would never even suggest that a wife would "dump" a husband? That's so ungodly it is hard to understand how that could ever be spoken?

I don't know. Here were the exact words:

If your not at the place of understanding just doing what God said do, Knowing God will do his part then it's time to dump the Husband because that is where you are at. Best to dump the husband than to allow strife, because in strife every evil work abounds and that even means death of children. Never give the devil a place in your home, it's not worth it.

MichaelH did God tell you that?

I'm not trying to start anything, but just saying why I have my guard up. Especially, since he then said he never mentioned death of children and if I got that it must have been from God. Sorry to drag all this up, but I have to be discerning.

If your not at the place of understanding just doing what God said do, Knowing God will do his part then it's time to dump the Husband because that is where you are at. Best to dump the husband than to allow strife, because in strife every evil work abounds and that even means death of children. Never give the devil a place in your home, it's not worth it.

I must say that could never be considered godly advice.. its a little disappointing to think that another believer would give such advice to others? It is a very sad thing what some do in the Name of Our Holy God.:(

That was a lot more explanation than your wife gave that woman.

They are my Children though, and I still ended up going to the Hospital.

I never said dump the Husband, I said best to remove the strife until the Husband gets fixed. I personally don't tolerate any strife in my house, I will show the person the door.

As for the destruction thing, It's hard to tell, If he meant the kids in danger then my plan was to just shut out the enemy, and help get the Husband in line as He is the one that is suppose to be the leader and take the pressure off you. Some guys may need help with that, I know I still have lots more to learn about being a family man. If we shut down the bad guys, then you can work on other things free of concern.

I'm not trying to start anything, but just saying why I have my guard up. Especially, since he then said he never mentioned death of children and if I got that it must have been from God. Sorry to drag all this up, but I have to be discerning.

seems there is a conflict about what is true? I had rather just admit I was in a error than to try to cover it up, which only makes the error a worse error.

Last edited:
They are my Children though, and I still ended up going to the Hospital.

I never said dump the Husband, I said best to remove the strife until the Husband gets fixed. I personally don't tolerate any strife in my house, I will show the person the door.

As for the destruction thing, It's hard to tell, If he meant the kids in danger then my plan was to just shut out the enemy, and help get the Husband in line as He is the one that is suppose to be the leader and take the pressure off you. Some guys may need help with that, I know I still have lots more to learn about being a family man. If we shut down the bad guys, then you can work on other things free of concern.

"If your not at the place of understanding just doing what God said do, Knowing God will do his part then it's time to dump the Husband because that is where you are at. Best to dump the husband than to allow strife, because in strife every evil work abounds and that even means death of children. Never give the devil a place in your home, it's not worth it."

With the child thing, you said you heard from God on that, so which is it? You should know. I already know from other sources.

I must say that could never be considered godly advice.. its a little disappointing to think that another believer would give such advice to others? It is a very sad thing what some do in the Name of Our Holy God.:(

I gave scripture, any advice in line with scripture is sound. I also had to watch a boy die, (Whom I got his dog) Among just attending my aunts funeral because of strife. We don't play with any form of strife in the house. Shut down the strife, arguing, then we cut the enemy off. I never said dump the husband as in (Divorce) I said the best way to disable an entitler is to take away his enabler for a time. I never mentioned divorce, or anything permanent.

I gave scripture, any advice in line with scripture is sound. I also had to watch a boy die, (Whom I got his dog) Among just attending my aunts funeral because of strife. We don't play with any form of strife in the house. Shut down the strife, arguing, then we cut the enemy off. I never said dump the husband as in (Divorce) I said the best way to disable an entitler is to take away his enabler for a time. I never mentioned divorce, or anything permanent.
What you told this lady to do is a great sin and goes against all the principles and truths of God.. If you cant admit it? Then you need to spend some time in prayer and at the Cross of the Lord God, and get off these forums for a few days.. I have said what needed to be said and am through with this issue. David- Minister of God

What you told this lady to do is a great sin and goes against all the principles and truths of God.. If you cant admit it? Then you need to spend some time in prayer and at the Cross of the Lord God, and get off these forums for a few days.. I have said what needed to be said and am through with this issue. David- Minister of God

Actually I never said leave her Husband, or that her kids were in danger, or anything I am accused of. What I did say was that Strife does bring danger into the house, fear brings danger and I was willing to help cut those off. I actually never had an opportunity to get things laid out and a solid plan to help with the Husbands issue. It's hard to do on forums and even asked to talk to the Husband to see how he is doing and what his concerns may be.

So before we get to judging, we need to know the whole story.

If someone listens, I have never had any failure because we can hear God, and do the right things for all parties.

Last edited:

No strife, that is what I said. I never said divorce though and I have dealt with many marriages where the Husband mistreats the wife. I know what works.

However, I also wanted to talk with Sweetpea on the phone and her Husband before anything goes down. I have to hear clearly and it has to be right. I never got the chance, so the best bet is to cut the Strife and any place the enemy has. Of course I only hear one side and not the Husbands. I know all things can be fixed though, for all parties.

I would throw my own wife out if she started into fighting or acting nasty. I won't have anything to do with it in my house.

Pro 21:9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

If Scripture says it's better, then it's better. Of course you can't live on the housetop. The indication here is at no cost we keep around the brawling person.

No strife, that is what I said. I never said divorce though and I have dealt with many marriages where the Husband mistreats the wife. I know what works.

However, I also wanted to talk with Sweetpea on the phone and her Husband before anything goes down. I have to hear clearly and it has to be right. I never got the chance, so the best bet is to cut the Strife and any place the enemy has. Of course I only hear one side and not the Husbands. I know all things can be fixed though, for all parties.

I would throw my own wife out if she started into fighting or acting nasty. I won't have anything to do with it in my house.

Pro 21:9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

If Scripture says it's better, then it's better. Of course you can't live on the housetop. The indication here is at no cost we keep around the brawling person.
Mike...read your own post...sweet copied it word for word and has been upset about it for days. Please come into the truth and see that you are out of control on some of your advice... you could cause real harm to others with this sort of advice.

Wow, so dump the husband doesn't mean divorce? Now it just means kick him out? Then what?

My husband doesn't want me talking on the phone to people I don't know. I have to keep it here, and he has actually said he doesn't like what is going on here, and has told me to be careful because your advice isn't biblical. He isn't interested in joining.

Michael, what this verse is saying is that it takes two to brawl and it is better to avoid the brawling, losing out in the physical realm to have the winning in the spiritual realm (that is the fruit of the Spirit), instead of winning in the material realm but losing in the spiritual realm. "But as for the pure, his conduct is upright" (Proverbs 21:8). This verse which is placed right before the verse you quoted shows that an upright man will be upright (and thus lead) not by winning disputes, but by not engaging in disputes. The leader is supposed to be the one who has self control and can refrain from engaging in evil.

Back