1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

God Actually Doesn't Choose The Spouse For The Person.

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Polly, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I found this thing out about 2 weeks ago.

God doesn't choose the spouse for the person. Why? Because first of all, that would be forcing, and God never forces. Second, this thing about God choosing the spouse for the person by Himself is the soulmate theory, which is New Age, not Christian.

Also, I found these websites:

http://joedarko.com/2012/11/29/does-god-choose-your-spouse-for-you/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/emily...t-have-a-perfect-match-for-you_b_2238475.html

http://lorialexander.blogspot.fi/2013/11/did-god-choose-your-spouse.html

And these articles are pretty much true things.

By the way, I found a lot of single guys of my type (yes, very peaceful British guys who never prank, rarely joke, are older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and have black long hair, and pale or light skin), lalalalalalalalala. :3 And now 1 guy who is my type is Interested in me, but he is Ukrainian living in Britain. But he is pretty much the same peaceful guy who is older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and has black long hair. Now I know that I will find someday the one who I want and no one may tell me that which man I can marry.

And look, I am really sorry for having a crush on Jesus once, but really, there is nothing wrong with that, and I never lusted about Jesus and I won't because I am smart and I respect Him, so you should never bash or hurt me if I had a crush on Him. I know other Christian females who have had a crush on Him.

And also, I hope you won't slander me this time. Slander is saying that I am not a child of God, spiritually healthy, or that my things are spiritually unhealthy, or any other things that are not true about me. I want peace in this website. But if I disagree with you strongly, then please, don't answer me. I also don't want you to make other people become to your side when having debates and hurting me. And Mitspa and Allie give me good advice and they usually agree with my things...

But the thing is that God always lets people choose the one they want, and He doesn't choose the spouse for a person by Himself, but He can help only if the person is unsure what person they want or if the person had problems with relationships and past marriages. And I know that I can describe the person of my dreams and then one day He'll give me the one I want. And my type of guy is not impossible. My type of guy is a typical human, not an alien.

2. God chose my spouse because I asked Him to. He's the best husband for me---in the natural, I wouldn't have chosen him, but I submitted to God, asking Him to send me the husband He wants me to have, because the men I had been choosing were "frogs"! The Lord answered my earnest prayer within 2 months! David is the love of my life, and has been for 38 years! God knows much better what I need.

Mercedes Benz E Class and LanceA say Amen and like this.
  3. Does this depend on whether a person leans more towards calvinism or arminianism?

4. Yeah, He might choose only because you asked Him, you were unsure about which person is good for you? And God probably read your subconscious, which told that what is REALLY your type. But I know my type of guy is the one I described, in all my consciosnesses (subconscious, conscious, etc.). There is no way I would have another taste in men.

5. But I hope you are now happy that I am finding lots of very peaceful guys who are older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and have black long hair and pale or light skin. I am one lucky girl and now I know that I will one day get a guy like that. Lalalalalaala!!! :DD I deserve such guy. And the another reason why can't I fall in love with the inside only because for example, imagine a guy who is sweet and nice but he has BAD hygiene and smells bad? I really cannot fall in love with someone who smells so bad even if that smelly guy is nice and loves me... And telling him to have better hygiene and smell better doesn't help... But now I know that I will find one with black long hair.

6. Sorry, I overreacted... O_O But I am really happy that I see a lot of guys who are my type...

7. No one is sure about what kind of person is good for them unless God distinctly tells him/her. God doesn't need to read my subconscious mind. h knows my heart---he created me and He created me for my husband and He created my husband for me. Without inviting God into our search, we may never have come together.

I always thought I would be happy with a different type of man than the one God had planned for me all along. No wonder I was always getting my heart broken!

8. Then you are believing the soulmate theory.

9. The first time I ever saw this one girl, I knew instantly she was my wife. That never happened before. God helped me make a list of 18 character traits to look for in a spouse years prior, and surprise, none were physical. Over the years I checked off all 18 items. I married this girl 4 years later and we have been happily married for years and are expecting our first child.

Everyone has a type they're attracted too. I believe personally that's something God gave us to make our search enjoyable and easier.

Euphemia likes this.
  10. Well, that doesn't happen to all people. And I am sure that one day if there is a guy who is not my type and suddenly he says "Heyyyy! God sent me to you", I would get really scared and I would immediately block him. And I am sure the very peaceful guy who is older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and has black long hair and pale or light skin is the one I need, because I like men with black long hair, and I never get trouble with a peaceful one who never pranks and rarely jokes because I take things too seriously and I would get very angry if someone does a horrible prank to me or if someone jokes and I first think that "OMGOODNESS, REALLY? I AM SCARED!!!" and then suddenly the person says "lol just kidding", seriously, those kinds of people who joke and prank like that annoy me. And I am 5"8/173cm tall and I feel gross or smurfophilic being with a guy who is shorter than me and I always have this thing that the female should be the younger one in relationships, and I was always attracted to guys with black long hair and pale or light skin because they are so romantic and mysterious and masculine... This is why I want a very peaceful guy who is older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and has black long hair and pale or light skin. And it's okay to have a physical preference too, because imagine if there is a very smelly guy with bad hygiene who is beautiful only on the inside... Yes, beautiful on the inside, but I really don't like smelly bad hygiene people because bad hygiene and bad smells gross me out. And I don't find short hair or any other hair color to be attractive... Other hair colors are not mysterious or romantic and short hair is too average.

And no, I am not full of pride, don't slander me and please respect my taste in men and don't tell me scary stories that how I will end up with someone who is not my type. Ew.

11. [="Polly, post: 341542, member: 12957"]Well, that doesn't happen to all people. And I am sure that one day if there is a guy who is not my type and suddenly he says "Heyyyy! God sent me to you", I would get really scared and I would immediately block him. And I am sure the very peaceful guy who is older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and has black long hair and pale or light skin is the one I need, because I like men with black long hair, and I never get trouble with a peaceful one who never pranks and rarely jokes because I take things too seriously and I would get very angry if someone does a horrible prank to me or if someone jokes and I first think that "OMGOODNESS, REALLY? I AM SCARED!!!" and then suddenly the person says "lol just kidding", seriously, those kinds of people who joke and prank like that annoy me. And I am 5"8/173cm tall and I feel gross or smurfophilic being with a guy who is shorter than me and I always have this thing that the female should be the younger one in relationships, and I was always attracted to guys with black long hair and pale or light skin because they are so romantic and mysterious and masculine... This is why I want a very peaceful guy who is older than me and at least 6"1/185cm tall and has black long hair and pale or light skin. And it's okay to have a physical preference too, because imagine if there is a very smelly guy with bad hygiene who is beautiful only on the inside... Yes, beautiful on the inside, but I really don't like smelly bad hygiene people because bad hygiene and bad smells gross me out. And I don't find short hair or any other hair color to be attractive... Other hair colors are not mysterious or romantic and short hair is too average.

And no, I am not full of pride, don't slander me and please respect my taste in men and don't tell me scary stories that how I will end up with someone who is not my type. Ew.[/QUOTE]

You're funny lol. I never told my wife that I wanted her to be my wife until I proposed to her. That would have scared her away.

Its OK to have a type. You ever think God gave you an attraction to this specific type of guy? Could be. You're supposed to be madly attracted to your spouse.

Where is the Messiah likes this.
  12. Soulmate is a secular concept. I'm not into such things.

13. This topic is a dead end. Lets move on. Polly has her own thoughts on the matter.

Huntingteckel likes this.
  14. Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.