Giving God Ultimatums

If you want to know my opinion, yes. I do believe that's wrong. Mainly because you are trying to tell God that you are making him give you a sign to tell you that you should or should not do something, instead of being patient. However, this particular example is not wrong, but needs to be worded differently. This is how I would pray the prayer: "Lord. Please, I am taking this job. I need to know if this is a good idea or not. I will take the job and let you show me whether it is right or wrong. If you give me a sign that says that I should quit then I will. If you give me a sign that says I should stay, then I will stay. In Jesus Name, Amen."

What you are doing when telling him that he has "3 days to respond" is like saying "I want a billion dollars at my doorstep by tomorrow. If you don't give it to me then I will assume you don't care about me or love me." Now it may not be that strong of a comparison, but it's just an example. What you are doing is commanding God to do something. If you stick with the belief that it is, (not saying that you do believe this) then it will not get you very far. For how many people in the Bible have commanded God to do something and they get exactly what they want? Never. Now, there are people that ask for God's help on things. For example, instead of saying "I command you to give me a billion dollars tomorrow!" you should say, "Lord, I am in a financial situation that I cannot get out of. Please help me to get the money I need in order to provide for my family and me. In Jesus Name, Amen." If you aren't in a financial situation then it's simple: Don't command God to give you money at all.

This is merely my opinion.

Back