Ghosts

you won't find me doing a sleep over in a deserted run down house where someone took their own life.
or
about 10 minutes drive from us is an abandoned mental hospital, big building, all rusting, rotting, fenced off,
creepy with a dark history, no way would I sleep there overnight.

Why not?

"Stronger is HE that is in you that he that is in the world".

Jesus does not have a flesh, and bone body today. It was only flesh and bone for forty days so as to poof he was alive from the dead. Jesus did not raise to his Father until at which time that would have caused his physical body to be changed into a spiritual body.

Act 1:8.. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9.. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10.. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11.. Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

This was the only time Jesus ascended to his Father. Before this, Jesus had a physical body on earth made up of flesh, and bone, but he no longer has a flesh and bone body.

The proof that Jesus was now ascended and had sit down next to his Father with his glorified body was the out pouring of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit could no be given until Jesus was glorified!!!

Joh 7:38.. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39.. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The day of Pentecost was the proof that Jesus had ascended to his Father, and was now glorified, which Peter tells us in the Book of Acts.

Act 2:32.. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33.. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified—although He retained the scars. He will forever be the God-Man, sacrificed for us. Christ, the Creator of the universe, will forever stoop to our level, and He will be known to us in heaven in a tangible form that we can see, hear, and touch.

Hello @CCW95A,

We must let God's Word be the arbitur on these matters, I believe. May His perfect will be done in each one of us, for His name and glory's sake.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head
Chris

IMO sister, there are many things that we all will not agree on. The key to the Christian life is that we keep our eyes upon the Lord Jesus Christ and in due time we will all come to have the answers to our questions.

Personally I am blessed that at my age I can still learn from others and of course from the Word of God.

Jesus does not have a flesh, and bone body today. It was only flesh and bone for forty days so as to poof he was alive from the dead. Jesus did not raise to his Father until at which time that would have caused his physical body to be changed into a spiritual body.

Act 1:8.. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9.. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10.. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11.. Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

This was the only time Jesus ascended to his Father. Before this, Jesus had a physical body on earth made up of flesh, and bone, but he no longer has a flesh and bone body.

The proof that Jesus was now ascended and had sit down next to his Father with his glorified body was the out pouring of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit could no be given until Jesus was glorified!!!

Joh 7:38.. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39.. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The day of Pentecost was the proof that Jesus had ascended to his Father, and was now glorified, which Peter tells us in the Book of Acts.

Act 2:32.. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33.. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Acts 1:11...........
"Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

Rev. 21:3...........
And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying....."Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people . God Himself will be with them and be their God".

God will always be infinitely more glorious than glorified saints. But just as Jesus is God's Son, we too, being fashioned like unto Him, will also be His precious sons, made in His image and likeness, treasuring those things He treasures, hating those things He hates, perfect in character, sinless in thought and deed, immortal spirit in form, enjoying intimate fellowship with every other son of God, and even more fulfilling and intimate fellowship with God and the Lamb. Eye has not seen nor ear heard the things God has in store for those who love Him.

"Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying....."Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people . God Himself will be with them and be their God".

God will always be infinitely more glorious than glorified saints. But just as Jesus is God's Son, we too, being fashioned like unto Him, will also be His precious sons, made in His image and likeness, treasuring those things He treasures, hating those things He hates, perfect in character, sinless in thought and deed, immortal spirit in form, enjoying intimate fellowship with every other son of God, and even more fulfilling and intimate fellowship with God and the Lamb. Eye has not seen nor ear heard the things God has in store for those who love Him.

Brother Major, the "manner" in which Jesus left this earth has nothing to do with how he looked when he left. It has to do "how" he left. Jesus left in a cloud of Glory, and he is returning in a cloud of Glory, because that is how God moves.

Mat 24:30 And then at last, the sign that the Son of Man is coming will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the peoples of the earth. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Jesus left earth this way (manner), and he is returning this way (manner).
Now we have a description by the Apostle John of Jesus Christ in his glorified body!!

Rev 1:13.. And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across His chest.
Rev 1:14.. His head and His hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And His eyes were like flames of fire.
Rev 1:15.. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice thundered like mighty ocean waves.

Did Jesus look like this when he left earth in front of all his disciples?

Now we have another description of Jesus when he returns back to earth at his second coming.

Rev 19:11.. Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for He judges fairly and wages a righteous war.
Rev 19:12.. His eyes were like flames of fire, and on His head were many crowns. A name was written on Him that no one understood except Himself.
Rev 19:13.. He wore a robe dipped in blood, and His title was the Word of God.
Rev 19:14.. The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed Him on white horses.
Rev 19:15.. From His mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress.

I am sorry. We seem to have misunderstood each other. I was saying that Jesus came in the flesh and He will come again in the flesh because He has a glorified body which was resurrected literally and physically IMO. I thought you were saying that He was a Spirit being now. My apologies.

This is more than a historic statement made by Luke. It is a challenge to all the critics who would later deny the literalness of the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Luke made the amazing and startling statement that Jesus was alive, He was seen by a great multitude of people, and His resurrection was confirmed by a great number of convincing proofs.

Jesus, after His resurrection, appeared to Thomas in John 20:27......
"Then He said to Thomas, 'Reach here your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing,'".

We take notice that Jesus still retained the hole in His side where He was pierced during the crucifixion: "But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water" as recorded in John 2o:27. That shows that Jesus retained the wounds in His body. The only way this is possible is if He was raised from the dead physically.

' Jesus saith unto her,
" Touch me not;
for I am not yet ascended
to my Father:
but go to my brethren,
and say unto them,
I ascend unto my Father,
and your Father;
and to my God,
and your God ... '

(Joh 20:17)

'Behold My hands and my feet,
that it is I Myself:
handle Me, and see;
for a spirit hath not flesh and bones,
as ye see me have.'

(Luk 24:39)

Hello @Major,

'Touch Me not', then, 'Handle Me.'
The reason given in John 20:17, for the words, 'Touch me not' - was - 'for I am not yet ascended to My Father.
Yet in Luke 24:39, there came the request that Thomas, ' ... handle me, and see'.

Does this mean that an ascension had taken place between these two occurrences?

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

' Jesus saith unto her,
" Touch me not;
to my Father:
but go to my brethren,
and say unto them,
I ascend unto my Father,
and your Father;
and to my God,
and your God ... '

that it is I Myself:
handle Me, and see;
as ye see me have.'

Hello @Major,

The reason given in John 20:17, for the words, 'Touch me not' - was - 'for I am not yet ascended to My Father.
Yet in Luke 24:39, there came the request that Thomas, ' ... handle me, and see'.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Greek in Luke 24:39 is translated as ......"Do not CLING to me". He had not yet ascended. That is why He said she should not "cling" or hold on to Him.
She could not keep Him there with her as His destination was to go to the Father.

Then He says to the disciples....... "Touch me, handle Me" means that apparently He did ascend to the Father before the appearance to the disciples in the house. Notice in Luke 24:39 that Jesus says......"Flesh AND BONES AND DOES NOT SAY BLOOD. Many say that the Lord Jesus presented His blood at the throne of God and His blood turned the judgment seat into the mercy seat which it is today.

There is nothing I know of that would keep Him from ascending to the Father and then returning to the earth and then going again.

The Greek in Luke 24:39 is translated as ......"Do not CLING to me". He had not yet ascended. That is why He said she should not "cling" or hold on to Him.
She could not keep Him there with her as His destination was to go to the Father.

Then He says to the disciples....... "Touch me, handle Me" means that apparently He did ascend to the Father before the appearance to the disciples in the house. Notice in Luke 24:39 that Jesus says......"Flesh AND BONES AND DOES NOT SAY BLOOD. Many say that the Lord Jesus presented His blood at the throne of God and His blood turned the judgment seat into the mercy seat which it is today.

There is nothing I know of that would keep Him from ascending to the Father and then returning to the earth and then going again.

Thank you, @Major.

:)

' Jesus saith unto her,
" Touch me not;
to my Father:
but go to my brethren,
and say unto them,
I ascend unto my Father,
and your Father;
and to my God,
and your God ... '

that it is I Myself:
handle Me, and see;
as ye see me have.'

Hello @Major,

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
No, that is error. Jesus told Mary not to cling to him, but to go tell his disciples that he was getting ready to ascend to his father. Mary was clinging to Jesus which what she usually did when around him

Jesus did not ascend to his Father until he was taken up in the clouds of Glory. Nobody knew Jesus better then the Apostle John, and he did not recognize Jesus in his glorified body in Revelations chapt 1 until Jesus told him who he was. The description of Jesus in the Book of Revelations is way different than how he appeared to his disciples before his ascension to his Father.
What did John do when Jesus in his glorified body appeared to John? He fell down like a dead man!! Why? Because Jesus was revealed to John without his flesh covering his real majesty!!
What would have happened if Jesus in his glorified body appeared to his disciples on earth. They would not known who this person was, which is why Jesus used his same flesh, and bone that he had on earth to proof he was alive from the dead. How did Jesus appear to Paul after his ascension? In flesh? absolutely not, but as a blinding light!!!

Jesus did not ascend to his Father until he was taken up in the clouds of Glory. Nobody knew Jesus better then the Apostle John, and he did not recognize Jesus in his glorified body in Revelations chapt 1 until Jesus told him who he was. The description of Jesus in the Book of Revelations is way different than how he appeared to his disciples before his ascension to his Father.
What did John do when Jesus in his glorified body appeared to John? He fell down like a dead man!! Why? Because Jesus was revealed to John without his flesh covering his real majesty!!
What would have happened if Jesus in his glorified body appeared to his disciples on earth. They would not known who this person was, which is why Jesus used his same flesh, and bone that he had on earth to proof he was alive from the dead. How did Jesus appear to Paul after his ascension? In flesh? absolutely not, but as a blinding light!!!

Well, this is not the 1st time that we have not agreed. I am sure that we will eventually.

But now lets get back to the question at hand. Jesus came out of the tomb on Sunday morning. On that Easter day, the resurrected Christ ascended to heaven, where He presented Himself before His Father. By doing so, He was accepted as the very first of the first fruits, the perfect wave sheaf offering. This was the first time that He ascended to heaven. While He was resurrected once, He ascended to heaven, twice.

Between the time that he was resurrected and His final ascension, He was seen by many individuals over a span of forty days. These manifestations of Christ occurred after his resurrection, but prior to His final ascension to heaven, where He now sits at the Father’s right hand. By appearing in the flesh over a period of forty days, He provided further physical proof that He was no ordinary man, but was most certainly the Son of God.

Acts 1:1-3
“The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God”.

The proofs that He gave were infallible, undeniable, certain, and convincing. This must have been very encouraging for those who believed. It must have been very troubling for those who did not. Even though we are separated by time from the events that occurred, we should also be very encouraged by the fact that Jesus appeared on multiple occasions after His crucifixion.

On Sunday morning, the day after He was resurrected, Mary Magdalene returned to the tomb and Jesus appeared to her alone in the garden.
Jesus also appeared to the other women.
He appeared to two men on the road to Emmaus.
He also appeared to His disciples, with Thomas absent.
All of these appearances occurred on Sunday, the day the wave sheaf was offered.
See more at: http://www.bethelcog.org/church/think-about-it/the-appearances-of-jesus#sthash.nBjXG330.dpuf

Hi @Euphemia,
Re: #40.

'The breath of life', or 'spirit', of all men goes back to God the Father of spirits, at the death of the body. Even our Lord Jesus Christ commended His spirit to God, before He died. Yet when He was resurrected, His spirit, or the breath of life, was united with His resurrection body, and He lived again. He ate a meal with His disciples, and taught them after His resurrection, so His resurrection body had all the functions of bodily life. He was not a spirit.

We are in Christ, in spirit, now and always, and our life, resurrection life, is also, 'in Him'. When He appears in glory, then the Church which is His body will appear with Him there, clothed with resurrection bodies, and energized by resurrection life.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Once again, when our spirit and soul leaves our body, the body dies. The spirit and soul go to God. One fine Day, the spirit and soul will return to what was once the body and it will be resurrected and renewed into glorious flesh.

Nowhere does it say that Jesus was a spirit man when he resurrected. He was flesh and bone, yet had His glorious resurrected body that we will have one Day. That is why He did eat, and was able to walk through solid walls.

Hello again,

The first lie, Satan told, as the Father of Lies, was made to Eve, with the words, ' Ye shall not surely die': and it is the root of all the blind alleys which men spend, sometimes their whole lives, investigating; in the form of psychical research, the paranormal,and spirtualism. Mediums, clairvoyants and fortune tellers have earned their living by these means down through the centuries. Yet it is all based on a lie, that man shall not surely die, but pass from one state of existance to another.

Yet man does not have an immortal soul. The wages of sin is death. Life, eternal life is a gift, given to those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and that life begins at resurrection, which is yet to come.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes, the soul and spirit of man is immortal. Our bodies were created to be immortal also, but sin entered in and messed that up.

Well, this is not the 1st time that we have not agreed. I am sure that we will eventually.

But now lets get back to the question at hand. Jesus came out of the tomb on Sunday morning. On that Easter day, the resurrected Christ ascended to heaven, where He presented Himself before His Father. By doing so, He was accepted as the very first of the first fruits, the perfect wave sheaf offering. This was the first time that He ascended to heaven. While He was resurrected once, He ascended to heaven, twice.

Between the time that he was resurrected and His final ascension, He was seen by many individuals over a span of forty days. These manifestations of Christ occurred after his resurrection, but prior to His final ascension to heaven, where He now sits at the Father’s right hand. By appearing in the flesh over a period of forty days, He provided further physical proof that He was no ordinary man, but was most certainly the Son of God.

Acts 1:1-3
“The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God”.

The proofs that He gave were infallible, undeniable, certain, and convincing. This must have been very encouraging for those who believed. It must have been very troubling for those who did not. Even though we are separated by time from the events that occurred, we should also be very encouraged by the fact that Jesus appeared on multiple occasions after His crucifixion.

On Sunday morning, the day after He was resurrected, Mary Magdalene returned to the tomb and Jesus appeared to her alone in the garden.
Jesus also appeared to the other women.
He appeared to two men on the road to Emmaus.
He also appeared to His disciples, with Thomas absent.
All of these appearances occurred on Sunday, the day the wave sheaf was offered.
See more at: http://www.bethelcog.org/church/think-about-it/the-appearances-of-jesus#sthash.nBjXG330.dpuf
Brother, there is nowhere in scripture that says Jesus ascended to his father until as you have already quoted.

Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God”.

Here is another translation....

Act 1:2 until the day He was taken up to heaven after giving His chosen apostles further instructions through the Holy Spirit.
Act 1:3 During the forty days after His crucifixion, He appeared to the apostles from time to time, and He proved to them in many ways that He was actually alive. And He talked to them about the Kingdom of God.

Jesus was never taken up "until after giving his apostles further instructions......." , and after showing himself to many many people for forty days on earth!!!

Last edited:
Brother, there is nowhere in scripture that says Jesus ascended to his father until as you have already quoted.

Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God”.

Here is another translation....

Act 1:2 until the day He was taken up to heaven after giving His chosen apostles further instructions through the Holy Spirit.
Act 1:3 During the forty days after His crucifixion, He appeared to the apostles from time to time, and He proved to them in many ways that He was actually alive. And He talked to them about the Kingdom of God.

Jesus was never taken up "until after giving his apostles further instructions......." , and after showing himself to many many people for forty days on earth!!!

And as I said.......we are in disagreement on this aspect of knowing. I stand by my 1st comment as I believe that is what the Scriptures say to me just as you believe they same something else to you.

John: 4:23 -24 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Ephesians 2:22 "..in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."
Revelation 1:10-11 "I was in the spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard a loud voice, as a trumpet, saying, " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches...."
Revelation 4:2 "Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold , a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne."
Revelations 7:3 "So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."
Revelation 21:10 "And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God."
In the spirit relates to the realm where God is and the inner man within each of us who are born again of the spirit. This is the eternal spirit realm, experienced in worship and prayer in spirit and truth. It is through this eternal connection with our Eternal Creator Father that we are renewed daily, and through which the power of God can flow into this world, through us.
Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."
1 Corinthians 20:20 " Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and i do not want you to have fellowship with demons."
There is a second temporary realm inhabited by fallen angels, demons. They have the ability to interact with and receive worship from mankind. They also have the ability to inhabit individuals. Their greatest victory is to deceive mankind that they do not exist, then to influence through some of these other myths now prevelent in our western society. Never the less they are real and influential to those who do not know the truth.
I praise the eternal Father that we can connect with Him and break the bondages of these demon realms. Hallelujah.

I think that from the teachings of the gospel. Jesus Christ makes it very clear that their are "demons" a spiritual entity not of God. A fallen angel. Having the ability to be in a person. He also mentions unclean spirits were it reminds me of the saying about ghost when they say they are people roaming the earth after they've passed. Jesus tells us in Luke 11:24 when an unclean spirit goes out of a man he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finding none, he says I will return to my house..." An unclean spirit maybe that ghost. When a person has died what happens to those who inhabited that person...I believe they roam just like the gospel tells us. In my opinion it's an explanation to why many can tell you what a certain person has done because they've been there they know. But it's in us to recognize that it's not of God. Because it's for us to remember that this isn't a physical war, but a spiritual one.

Back