1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia in a drought...

Discussion in 'Environmental Issues' started by Mopom, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Georgia in a drought...

... so I just moved here about six months ago from California, and apparently we're in a drought. It's because Florida hasn't been having a lot of hurricanes this year or something, so we aren't getting enough rain.

We only have like 70 days left of regular flowing water before things will start to change, because the source of all our water, Lake Lanier, is running out of water.

It's so strange...
  2. We'll just pray for rain~:)
  3. If you would like to check the long range precipitation forecasts for your area, you can use the link below. Click on your US state, then the locality you are interested in from the long list on the next page. These have over a 60 percent accuracy rate.

4. Fri Oct 26, 9:24 PM ET .NEWS WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - An epic drought in Georgia threatens the water supply for millions. Florida doesn't have nearly enough water for its expected population boom. The Great Lakes are shrinking. Upstate New York's reservoirs have dropped to record lows. And in the West, the Sierra Nevada snowpack is melting faster each year. Across America, the picture is critically clear — the nation's freshwater supplies can no longer quench its thirst.
    The government projects that at least 36 states will face water shortages within five years because of a combination of rising temperatures, drought, population growth, urban sprawl, waste and excess.
  5. This has been so crazy. My husband has been following the news about it since we live in S.E. Tennessee and there is actually another town close by us that has already run out of water. It's scary but at the same time it's a bit exciting since this is all part of prophecy.
  6. I live in Georgia and I honestly say that we need prayers. Living in the south my whole life, I have been used to droughts here and there but I can not remember having one this bad. As of right now, outdoor watering is banned and restaurants are only serving water on request. If even doesn't rain within the next two weeks, the state will seriously get strict on water usage. However, I have faith that the Lord will get us through this:jesus-cross:
  7. We need to run a pipeline from the Mississippi River to you guys.
  8. May God have mercy!