Genesis 18:17-18 "an Important Man Named Abraham . . . V-e-r-y Important!"

Genesis 18:17-18 > "And the LORD said, 'Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing, since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?'"

Abraham honored and obeyed God, and God personally communicated with Abraham. With this, I see that God personally communicates also with any of us who honor and obey Him.

And God gives Abraham assurance that Abraham is great. Even though Abraham was great in the sight of God, he needed encouragement and assurance. So, we too need encouragement, even if we may be very great. But when people in their own pride think they are great, they may not feel they need encouragement to think so!

And God says Abraham will be a blessing to "all the nations of the earth". This goes for any of us who also trust and obey God > He makes us His blessing even to all the nations of the earth, however He makes this work. "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15:58)

In case you're not sure your obeying God can effect many people, we also have > "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19) So, the disobedience of Adam resulted in so much evil; however, the obedience of our Savior Jesus on the cross has resulted in many people being made righteous!

So -- I can see, through this, that disobedience can hurt many people > Adam's disobedience harmed even people who never knew him. And secret arguing can hurt how parents relate with each other, later, while with their children, so their children do not have the example they need of how to relate in marriage.

But people who never knew Abraham have been blessed through his obedience. And if we obey with Jesus, our obedience along with Jesus will get many people blessed, though they do not even know about us . . . however You please to make this work - - as is possible with You, Father > "better than we can imagine, since it is God who produces the results > it is 'God who gives the increase.' (in 1 Corinthians 3:7)" As our Father makes us more like Christ, our obedience then does people more and more good, like the obedience of Jesus has done.

So, you always are important (c: . . . including in your secret moments alone and in the secret place of your mind and imagination and attitude! How we are in secret can effect others.

If I start nurturing grudges and criticism against someone, this can later effect how well I can relate in love with that person. And if I imagine a lady of Jesus to be for romance, when this is not Your will, this wishful and unprayerful daydreaming can cancel me out from seeing her right, and spoil me from how we could share in Your love. So I need to pray for how You, LORD, have me seeing people, "in the light of Your love."

Even in my dreams while I am sleeping I need to be God's way.

This comes with character of Jesus . . . of God's love, how You change us and then make us Your blessing, Father.

Please do this with us! Amen in the name of Jesus! Thank You so much for Your correction and making us more like Your love in our nature!

God bless you, too, and it is good to see you (c:

Bill

Back