1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Apologia, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Howdy all! I figured I'd make a general video gaming thread so anyone can talk about any kind of video gaming system, system issues, computer gaming systems, computer and video games, post reviews, basically anything even remotely related to the video gaming realm. Let's have some fun!
    DavidG likes this.
  2. So I'll start. I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV a lot lately on the PS4. What I'm really waiting for are 3 games: Dragon Age 3 - Inquisition, NHL Hockey '15 and Final Fantasy XV. I know a lot of people on this forum like the PC versions instead. What games are you looking forward to?
  3. Does anyone like Metroidvania style games? I've been playing Rogue Legacy a lot recently. I suck at it but it's great fun.

DavidG likes this.
  4. Yes, and did I just see that dude fart? :confused::eek:
  5. I love Play station forever. But they'll run me broke. So, I have to stick to Pc games.

6. Rofl. How rude!
  7. I hear ya. I have been blessed enough to waste my money on gaming consoles and their games ;) Playstation 1 or 2 or 3?
    autumn oddity likes this.
  8. I love love looooooooooooooooooooooved Final Fantasy XII for PS2 and Resident Evil 2 for PS1
  9. Man, I need some free games. But I can't find any. Any game that I do find require you to buy gems or be forced to wait for a hour to advance. Darn!
  10. I've never played Final Fantasy much. It's far to linear for my taste. Actually, most JRPGs are too linear. I really like them for my phone though.

Pixel Piracy just came out recently, which I'm excited about. I'm excited for Dragon Age but I probably won't play it until it's on sale for around $15.

Games I'm playing:
    Rogue Legacy
    Spelunky(free old version)
    Fallout 3
    Sleeping Dogs

Games I want sooner rather than later:
    Spelunky (new paid version)
    Binding of Isaac (possibly. I haven't decided whether it's okay to play or blasphemous)

I also just beat Gunpoint. Thank you again, @PeaceLikeaRiver. It was absolutely awesome and one of the best gaming experiences I've had.
    DavidG likes this.
  11. Wow, that was fast! Only problem is it's a bit on the short side, I guess.
    I downloaded one for PS4 yesterday called Trine 2. I wanted it because it's in 3D, and only one of two PS4 games that are out so far in that format.
  12. If you still have an older gaming system, Ebay, Amazon and Craig's List are great places to get old games for cheap, sometimes super cheap.
  13. It is really short but I barely played anything else until I beat it. It's better than Watch Dogs!

I've been debating about getting Trine. It looks fun.
  14. I bought Watchdogs for Xbox One, never took it out of the package and ended up returning it. I knew I was going to be disappointed with, just like I was with TitanFall.
  15. Honestly, I'm so sick of Ubisoft. They really screw over PC gamers. I'm actually sick of all these big games that come out. I made the switch to indie games a while back. I rarely buy big titles, unless I can get them for less than $15.

16. Great... I have a Ps 2! I left in Antigua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm in Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!! (excuse me while I go cry). But it's useless because I didn't get a memory card. I don't know if they would sell that still...?
  17. If I come across mine in my move, I'll let you know. They don't sell new ones, but I'm sure someone is trying to sell theirs. Amazon and Ebay customers ship all over the world. Just depends on how much you're willing to pay :)

18. lol. I'll check them out.
  19. Has anyone heard or played The Binding of Isaac? I am debating on whether or not it's something kosher to play. It's about a boy who's mother thinks she hears God telling her to cleanse the boy of evil. So, it's basically about child abuse. It's set up like a really dark Zelda. You're power ups can be things like the Bible, angel wings, and other good things or you can get evil things like the mark of the beast and others. I'm really torn here because I'd like to play it, but I'm not feeling like I'm getting an answer from God about it...yet. My immediate thought was that I shouldn't play it, but I decided to research it a bit before I made my final decision. It seems like it may be more neutral than I initially thought. One of the endings is that
    God smites the mother for the abuse of her son
    but I'm not sure if that is based on items you collect throughout the game or not.

I'm not going to post a link here, because I'm sure someone would find it offensive. If you are not easily offended you can check out some videos on YouTube.
  20. That sounds to me like a takeoff of the movie Carrie where the girl had a rather extreme zealot for a mother. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but I can almost hear the amusement of God over games like this where you would use EITHER a force of evil or a force of good to antagonize a person who's over the top like that. I will try it out and get back to you.