Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nws2dc, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke 6 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil

2. Yes Gods word is very clear on the fact that this is a rebellious sin! Ok then, what is not so clear is how we deal with folks who are in bondage to this sin? I believe there much room for abounding mercy, but never that we should appear to approve this sin, in any way!

3. Lu 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
    45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
    46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
    47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
    48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
    49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

2Ti 2:19 ¶ Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

4. Yes, however love is not indifferent to wrong living. If you see your neighbor living in sin and you fail to warn him, or if you say "that is OK for you".....that is not love.

Euphemia likes this.

5. Salt is also a cleansing agent, and it stings when poured on a festering wound.

Ravindran and Mitspa say Amen and like this.
  6. If you had a good understanding of it, you would not be confused on the need to share it with those who need it. Who needs to know how God punished gays?.... straight people? nobody?

Hence, you are hating gays. You want to come across as a good, friendly, kind person = vanity....not a Christian. A good friend will tell you drugs are wrong, whether you like it or not.

7. It could be that he is a homosexual and that alone gives him an agenda which is contrary to the Word of God that he has been exposed to.

8. yes, I am gay, so?

I have been quite open about in my other threads, it is not I hide it or anything.

contrary to the word of God?

in what ways?

I think you should look through my threads first to see what my position on homosexuality really is before you throw the insult out.

9. well, I do believe telling truth in LOVE

intention behind what you do is every bit as important as what you actually do.

so is how you do it.

if you really care about gays, you would be concerned with what ways is the best way to get across to them.

if a Christian just want to unleash on them simply because that Christian find their lifestyle repulsive, and pretend it he/she is doing it for the other person.

that is not love

in fact, that is dishonest.

btw, please do not get personal with me again.

next time I will report your post straight to moderators.

I am no Dana, and I have no intention put up with this kind of crap.

understood?

and same goes for Major as well, I have seen some his posts in Polly thread.

it is about time some of your learn what is acceptable way to behave

getting personal with people is not the way to go.

10. yes, I read your position on homosexuality....

I think all this confusion is similar to “Am a sinner saved by Grace”….

For the speaker:
    it’s your right what to call yourself…

For the listener:
    Confusing…. is there a benefit to it?
    I think it is irrelevant and only provides confusion or is there a benefit to it?

As I see it:
    A Homosexual repented, accepted Jesus Christ as his Saviour.
    That homosexual now abhors to tolerate in his mind, in his thoughts, in his actions, those homosexual acts.

Once “The old things are gone; suddenly, everything is new”…..

The orientation or direction of flesh liking is now completely irrelevant….

Because this current life we have now is now a spiritual journey, not in terms of flesh anymore…

11. Two questions: what is an acceptable way to behave when explaining to someone they are sinning; if we speak in generalities about sin, how does it help an individual person without getting personal?

12. Very profound! Amen!

13. What insult??????

I simply said what you just admitted. That my friend is the TRUTH and the truth can never ever be an insult.

Contrary to the WOrd of God........in what ways????

I can not believe that you are asking that question. There is no need to post them again , just Go back and read God's Word as posted on this thread in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Romans etc.

Again, there was NO insult just a statement of fact which you just confirmed.

The real fact is that as a homosexual you come to this site with a preconceived agenda which favors your position and agenda and nothing said here will change your mind on what you are by choice. That is my point. You are here to gain some favorible comments on your choice in life so please do not get defensive when you do not get want you wanted.

I have no axe to grind with you so do not put the handle of one in your hand my friend.

14. are you saying I am sinning?

15. These topics always seem to go down this same road, so I'm just gonna stop it at 17 pages before it becomes 50 pages. I think 17 pages is enough to share any information needed for people to make their own decisions, so I don't think it needs to go any farther. It's just not productive or loving or helpful at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.