Gal 6:1-5

Galatians 6:1-5
KJV(i)1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
NSB(i)1 Brothers, if someone is caught in any kind of wrongdoing, those of you who are spiritual should set him right. But you must do it in a gentle way. And keep an eye on yourselves, so that you will not be tempted, too. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. 3 So if any one of you thinks you are important when you really are not, you are only fooling yourself. 4 Each of you must examine your own actions. Then you can be proud of your own accomplishments without comparing yourself to others. 5 For each person should carry his own load.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Paul talks to the church, many in this church may have viewed Paul as more important than their selves but we are all brothers thru Christ. We are still in the flesh so we will fall to sin but not always be in sin. If we are in sin then this is a problem that needs to be fixed. If a person is living or repeatedly doing a sin they should have a friend talk to them, this is not to say every time a person sins that they should be talked to but only if the sin is something they may not be able to deal with on their own. These verses are not to guilt brothers in Christ but to aid brother in Christ the way Christ wants them to. If their sin is something another brother is still tempted with then this is not the best brother to speak to them, having said this the best person to speak to someone is a brother who has overcome as long as they do not still have temptations with this sin they could help their brother overcome their sin.

2 If a brother is going thru a trouble we should have concern for them as well. Their troubles should be our troubles. The law of Christ is built on love.

3 We are nothing without Christ but we are everything with Him. We may believe we are something as believers without Christ, this could lead to over confidence and self pride but being in the right mind means we trust in Him and know He works thru us gives us humility and gentleness.

4 We should examine what we do for the Lord and about where He has brought us from to gain better perspective of where wants us to go in the future. We should not boast in ourselves because we are all we are because of Him.

5 We each have our own troubles but coming together will make the troubles easier to get thru.

Great thread bro.

Paul in 1 Corinthians classifies men in four categories based on each's ability to understand the scriptures. The carnal unsaved man, the newborn baby believer, the carnal believer and the full grown adult believers.

The carnal Christian is said to be in need of milk and can't take meat but unlike the baby Christian, the carnal Christian is at fault because he has failed to progress from milk to meat.

Hebrews also addresses those who "become" carnal and in that example the milk is soteriology. My experience as a carnal Christian was that the only doctrine I could hear or wanted to hear was eternal security. But not because I wanted a license to sin.

I was in a live-in relationship. Unlike a drug addict who has brief moments of sobriety, living together in an ungodly sexual relationship was a 24/7 bondage to my flesh. Leaving meant more than dropping some substance, it involved another person, another life. My need to know that I was still saved, still in Christ was not so I could play married but because there was a need to re learn the first principles of our faith - salvation by grace alone thru faith alone in Christ alone plus nothing.

Paul says "you who are spiritual" the pneumatikos man, the full grown spiritually mature ones of the body are to do this work.

Another aspect of your thoughts is that when we as Christians are exhibiting the fruits of the spirit and there is unity it signifies that our will is under the control of our new nature. But if there is anger or strife, lust etc then it's a sign that our will is under the control of our old nature the flesh. That's what I meant by the 24/7 bondage in comparison to the substance abuser. As Christians we can never be dominated completely by sin. There will be opportunities to repent in times of sober evaluation. If a believer is living together with an partner they're not married to, the baggage of separating is much harder.

Back