Gal 2:6-10

Galatians 2:6-10

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
6 Now from those recognized as important (what they really were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism[a])—they added nothing to me. 7 On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter was for the circumcised, 8 since the One at work in Peter for an apostleship to the circumcised was also at work in me for the Gentiles. 9 When James, Cephas, and John, recognized as pillars, acknowledged the grace that had been given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to me and Barnabas, agreeing that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. 10 They asked only that we would remember the poor, which I made every effort to do.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

6 Paul shared the gospel with all he did not favor the rich or the elect like some may have.
7 In time they learned that they could trust Paul. They helped Paul get ready to go spread the gospel to the gentile world.
8 Peter carried the gospel to those who had the law while, Paul carried it to those who did not have the law. Both faced their own difficulties with who they shared the gospel with. the Holy Spirit lead both of them to bring the gospel to the world.
9 It is possible that the other disciples were dead or in other parts of the world at this time sharing the gospel. John brother James is beheaded by Herod soon after Stephen gets stoned so this is the James who wrote the letter not the disciple. Barnabas was there with Paul for most of his journey.
10 The poor has always suffered. The church should help those who are in need and that is what they asked of Paul as him and Barnabas went out to the gentile world.

Wow- verse 6 sticks out to me! It doesn't matter who this world thinks is important, that makes no difference in our mission. Our mission is to spread the Word.
James, Cephas, and John recognized this work in them and through them, they reached out and gave fellowship. So even when we personally are not witnessing to a certain group we can recognize it in others pray, guide, listen...

Back