Gal 2:11-14

Galatians 2:11-14

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Freedom from the Law

11 But when Cephas[a] came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face because he stood condemned.[b] 12 For he regularly ate with the Gentiles before certain men came from James. However, when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, because he feared those from the circumcision party. 13 Then the rest of the Jews joined his hypocrisy, so that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that they were deviating from the truth of the gospel, I told Cephas[c] in front of everyone, “If you, who are a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you compel Gentiles to live like Jews?”[d]

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
These are my thought please share yours.

11 Paul wanted to stand for the truth this is not always easy. Peter looked to make the people happy. We should seek to please God not man.
12 Peter was living a double life. We know from Acts that the Lord sent Peter to a Gentile. Peter knew it was ok to go to the Gentiles but he knew the Jewish Christians would not accept this so he taught what they wanted to here. Preaching what people want to hear is always the
13 Peter had authority and people may have became Jews to become Christian because of Peter's false teaching. Paul close friend took a stand against Paul by siding with Peter. This was not an easy fight but one that was very important. False teaching has to be done away with and not accepted. The truth is what we should stand for.
14 We in like manner can not expect the world to live like Christians without them gaining Christ first. We can not expect people to come to Christ if we do not live differently than they do. They will not see the need for Christ in their life but, we are to live different so they see that they need Christ. be told. Paul also wanted Peter to come back to the truth. We are to care enough for a brother to try to bring them back to the truth as Paul did for Peter.

Back