FYI: Word of Faith Statement of Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have done is to post the statement of faith of those who claim to be WoF, in order that the denigration would attain a bit of mitigation. Discussion did not have to follow.

Good thought and thanks.

My I say that you mods have been very lenient recently and I am glad to see that. However, this whole thread and others like it have caused me great concern. Any one who has not seen the rifts and division which has taken place simply is reading with one eye shut. This is NOT the will of God!

The bottom line of reality is something we have looked past and ignored. Now the following Scripture is either true or it is not. IF it is true then we are all guilty of self aggrandizement instead of doing what the Holy Spirit is said to do and what we are supposed to do.

John 16:13..........
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

IS THAT A TRUE STATEMENT???? Of course it is and I know we all agree with it we just have not acted like it.

Dr. Charles Spurgeon said of the work of the Spirit of God that........
It is the Chief office of the Holy Spirit to glorify Christ.”

We need to Get to know Jesus through His Word and through prayer and through other Christians and allow the Holy Spirit to pour out the love of Christ as we walk through life. We MUST be adding friends instead of casting them away. We all must realize the ground at the foot of the cross is level and we all come to God the same way.

Jesus finished the work on the cross. It is done. The Bible is complete. The Bible gives us instruction for everything we need.

2 Tim. 3:16-17............
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The Word points to Christ. The Holy Spirit points to Christ. Since the Holy Spirit resides within us, our lives should point to Christ too.

Father,
Thank You for the Word and the Holy Spirit. They both point to Your Son, Jesus as we should have been doing instead of allowing Satan to use us and divide us. Let our lives point to Him and forgive us for allowing such a display from your children, of whom I am chief,
In Jesus name, Amen!

I agree with you brother,.these things should not cause division, or I'll feelings between us. As you have pointed out the Spirit is the Spirit of truth and the Spirit of truth points to, testifies of and reveals Christ. This is so because Jesus is the truth, He is the embodiment of truth. Thus if we love and seek the truth, then we love and seek Jesus Christ. With this being said, we should always pursue and strive only for the truth...casting aside everything that hinders us from seeing and receiving the truth.

Well said brother.

Jim, with me it is real simple. I can not believe that God would have saved such a sinner as I, and I have never gotten over it.

Well now Major it is like this............yea it drops me to my knee's when I think how He loved me even when I could not love me.
Now if we could only learn to love like that.........
Bless You Major ;)
Jim

Well now Major it is like this............yea it drops me to my knee's when I think how He loved me even when I could not love me.
Now if we could only learn to love like that.........
Bless You Major ;)
Jim
And so much more than this. For God Almighty to make us one with Him, to be joint heirs with Christ, to sit on His throne and to be the Bride of Jesus! Now THAT right there is mind boggling....truly good news if there ever was any!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back