Future Facts (israel, The Bride, Millennium Kingdom)

Well, one thing is to consider is this: I doubt that Moses understood all the reasons that everything had to be exactly according the pattern that God gave. It all had to do with things not fully revealed as of yet. Yet, after Christ had been revealed and Paul wrote Hebrews, a lot of it suddenly made more sense. It may be murky for us now, but when we no longer are looking through a glass darkly, reasons that elude us now will be crystal clear then.

Well, one thing is to consider is this: I doubt that Moses understood all the reasons that everything had to be exactly according the pattern that God gave. It all had to do with things not fully revealed as of yet. Yet, after Christ had been revealed and Paul wrote Hebrews, a lot of it suddenly made more sense. It may be murky for us now, but when we no longer are looking through a glass darkly, reasons that elude us now will be crystal clear then.

We are agreed that there will come a time when we see clearly and understand. Moses didn't understand why everything had to be just so otherwise he would have struck the rock the one time for water. (I always thought he was to yell at the rock and struck instead - or struck the rock...). In any event, he missed out on the Promised Land. I thought for a long time that a) that Moses was old and died and his people made this up as an excuse b) this was a big consequence for a teensy screw up. Now I tend to think that God made all the laws of the universe and knew all the loopholes, and Moses wasn't listening when he told him once, not twice. So God had to reverse his own laws to make the water gush. Shrug. In short, I agree that it "may" be so that animal sacrifice will be required in the Millenial Reign but I will only believe it when I see it and given an explanation for why it's necessary. It's not God I don't trust. Just saying.

So communion won't be commemorative enough? I don't think so.

Evidently not Silk.......it is not that I know or anything like that, It is more of a feeling than anything else when I read verses like:

Isaiah also says, Isaiah 56:7................. “Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on My altar; for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."

Isa 66:23 ......................."And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the LORD. Isa 66:23 teaches that we will keep the Sabbath, it also teaches we will keep the New Moon festival! This is on earth in the Millennium period- not in heaven."

I don't think they do animal sacrifice in heaven either. Rituals change from the OT to the NT. Or will the new Sabbath be Saturday not Sunday? I agree with your previous statement made other places, that God gives understanding in "portions" thru the ages. Sacrifices and offerings might well be offered - but in a new way. Animal sacrifice makes no sense to me. Unless, we will all be "killing the fatted calf" for celebration to the Lord. I always figured we'd be fruitarians by then :). Just no more fruit from the "bad" tree.

It doesn't really matter what makes sense to us or not, what matters is what God thinks and what his will is. Major has brought forward God's Word indicating it will be so. Everybody else has just offered their opinion without consulting the good book. Imagine if every time we made a mistake we stood before the Lord and killed an innocent creation of God. Maybe we might rethink more deeply the sin we do over and over again and have a greater appreciation for what our Messiah did for you, me and all mankind.

It doesn't really matter what makes sense to us or not, what matters is what God thinks and what his will is. Major has brought forward God's Word indicating it will be so. Everybody else has just offered their opinion without consulting the good book. Imagine if every time we made a mistake we stood before the Lord and killed an innocent creation of God. Maybe we might rethink more deeply the sin we do over and over again and have a greater appreciation for what our Messiah did for you, me and all mankind.

Ryan - catch up, please. Jesus already died for all sins. It's called the new covenant. What Major is quoting is an OT prophet's prophecy. Many people believe it is to be interpeted as happening in the Millenial Reign - which maybe so but it leaves in question, whether the same offerings and sacrifices will be made in the new day. I don't happen to think so. I guess we will all see when we get there.

Back