1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Full Preterism Fellowship & Study

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by ry.veretekk, Nov 29, 2014.

1. #1 ry.veretekk, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Hello and God Bless to all,

The Apostolic Era was indeed one of it's kind. Everything taught, preached, and prophesied was a promise to THAT relevant audience that would usher in "The Age To Come" and curiously Ages to follow. Post 70AD, we are in The Age(s) To Come. Christ's is ruling, in His Kingdom, with His Saints both in the seen and unseen realm. To my fellow Preterists, I ask the question: How have the Saints, in the unseen realm, been intimately involved in the ruling over The Nations on earth post 70AD?

Here's an interesting verse describing what 1st Century Believers, post 70AD, will seemingly experience in the unseen realm (audience relevance is in CAPS.):

Eph 2:6-7 "and raised US up with Him, and seated US with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that IN THE AGES TO COME He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward US in Christ Jesus."

Comment - These Believers can only exist in further AGES in the unseen realm after their physical death.

Your thoughts and comments along with any interesting findings in scripture concerning "All Things Fulfilled".

God Bless!
  2. For those who don't know:
    • Preterism is a Christian eschatological view that interprets prophecies of the Bible as events which have already happened. Daniel is interpreted as events that happened in the second century BC, while Revelation is interpreted as events that happened in the first century AD.
  3. My comments:

Recently Fulfilled Prophecies Concerning Israel

bring your sons from afar

Isaiah 60:9 “Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”

Because Columbus discovered America, the Lord’s timetable was set in motion for the birth of the United States, who, one day, would be instrumental in the birth of Israel

strangers shall build up the walls

Isaiah 60:10 “And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.”

Ottoman Sultan Suleiman I rebuilt the walls around Jerusalem from 1535-1538 fulfilling this prophecy.

Eastern Gate will be sealed

Ezekiel 44:1-3 “Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut. Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.”

As prophesied, the Lord, the God of Israel, Jesus, has entered in by the eastern gate. Typical of unbelievers, in 1541 AD Ottoman Sultan Suleiman I sealed off the Golden Gate in to prevent the Messiah's entrance

Jerusalem will be saved by the air

Isaiah 31:4-5 “For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.”

In 1917, not 14 years after the world’s first flight, General Allenby took the city of Jerusalem without firing a shot and walked into Jerusalem on 11 December 1917, the first day of Hanukkah, and on the same day, the Maccabee brothers entered Jerusalem in 165 BC. Clearly, Allenby’s actions of passing over Jerusalem, preserved it. The Lord used Allenby to fulfill Isaiah 31:4-5, and he knew it.

Hebrew will be spoken

Zephaniah 3:9 “For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.”

Eliezer ben Yehuda was born January 7, 1858 and in an article about the Ben-Yehuda family: “They passed on Hebrew to their children in the home, and in the kindergartens and schools they set up throughout the country. Thus, within a biblical generation, in the forty years from 1881 to 1921, a core of young, fervent Hebrew-language speakers was formed, with Hebrew as the unique symbol of their linguistic nationalism. This fact was acknowledged by the British mandate authorities, who on November 29, 1922, recognized Hebrew as the official language of the Jews in Palestine.

Deuteronomy 28:62 “And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.”

Deuteronomy 28:66-67 “And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life: In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.”

Some rabbis agree that these verses speak of the holocaust they endured, even some survivors described their conditions, exactly as Deuteronomy 28:67 states, in poems and stories.

Israel is born in a day and The land would again be called “Israel”

Ezekiel 37:21 “And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:”

Isaiah 66:8-9 “Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.”

By declaration of the United Nations on 14 May 1948, Israel became a nation, at 6:00 pm Eastern Time, and at 6:11 pm, Harry S Truman recognized the State of Israel. Debate on the name raged on, Palestine?, Zion?, Judea?, until Pres. Truman scratched out the pseudo name and hand wrote “State of Israel”!

Israel will be one nation – no longer two (Israel and Judah)

Ezekiel 37:22 “And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:”

Remember they used to be “Judah” – 2 tribes and “Israel” – 10 tribes, and today it is just “Israel”.

Latter days they will have no king

Hosea 3:4-5 “For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.”

This was written after they had returned from Babylon – so “return” from where? After WWII they returned to Israel as promised. Today they have a president and a prime minister. They have no temple, so no sacrifice, nor an image of the temple, nor the tools used by the high priest. Soon they will thanks to the Temple Institute.

Jerusalem shall no longer be divided

Zechariah 8:6-8 “Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.”

In 1967 Israel was attacked again by the Arabs and after six days Israel took the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank including the rest of Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The “east country” and the “west country” became one just as prophesied.

The gates will remain open

Isaiah 60:11-12 “Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”

Since Israel took possession of Jerusalem, the gates will never shut, day nor night (save the Eastern Gate which was sealed by the Turks).

Desert blossom as the rose

Isaiah 35:1 “The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.”

Because there is a hidden understanding written within the Hebrew, below is the same verse with Strong’s words. "...and the desert ערבה..." Aravah, which is where all the farms and fisheries are kept.

Last days two seas

The Dead Sea has become two seas…in fulfillment of prophecy:

Ezekiel 47:8-11 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.”

In order for the verse eight to be fulfilled, verse eleven needs to be in place. Over the last sixty years, this has been happening. Notice that by 2001 (even until today) the lower part of the Dead Sea has become a salt farm “… they shall be given to salt.” Even some maps don’t show the lower part as being part of the Dead Sea. https:[email protected],35.4634204,10z
    “Shekel” will be used

Ezekiel was being shown the end-days temple and in it, they will use the Shekel.

Ezekiel 45:12 “And the shekel shall be twenty gerahs: twenty shekels, five and twenty shekels, fifteen shekels, shall be your maneh.”

The rates on 13 Nov 2010 was 1.00 USD = 3.67250 ILS. When the last temple existed in 70 AD, the people didn’t use shekels, but Roman coins.

Tourist will take dust from Israel

Psalms 102:13-14 “Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.”

Perry Stone comments on his weekly television program how the people on his tours are always picking up stones, or scooping up dirt. When asked, they always reply, “To take home of course.” He has also commented how the airport security has asked him the same question about his group. He should just quote them Psalms 102:14! The tourism of Israel is about 2.7 million visitors, 54% are Christians.

There is a lot more, but... maybe these will help show that the Preterists are not correct...
  4. Hi There,

Thanks for your reply, however what does it have to do with this post? If your attempt was simply to refute a Preterist paradigm and debate the issue, I guess you can start a thread to do so? I'm asking for fellow Full Preterists to comment on what's presently going on in the ages which was to come. May I suggest that you pay closer attention to how Yeshua and The Apostles applied, to their own generation, what the O.T. Prophets said, which makes the matter final. The N.T. Prophets were the only ones qualified to properly interpret and apply O.T. prophecies correctly to bring about their fulfillments. NO ONE, post 70AD is qualified to apply or reapply O.T. prophecies beyond what the N.T. Prophets ordained. Those who choose to do so are in serious error. But nevertheless, this thread is not concerned about debating it.

God Bless.
  5. Yes sir, there is a lot more and I agree with your comments but I do not think anyone who has turned to Pretearism will be convinced.

One of the most bizarre interpretations of eschatology is the view that He has already come back! No, I’m not talking about the Jehovah’s Witnesses who think Jesus returned in 1914. I’m talking about a viewpoint called Preterism, which teaches that Jesus returned in AD 70 when the Roman army destroyed Jerusalem.

Preterists hold that all Bible prophecy was fulfilled in AD 70 with the destruction of Jerusalem. They view this event as the Second Coming of Christ and reject any belief in a future return of Christ. Thus, they deny a future bodily resurrection of believers and a literal return of Christ to earth. Preterists believe we are already in the “New Heavens!” Their view is not only ludicrous, but it is also heretical and places them outside the parameters of biblical orthodoxy.
    Of all the prophectic views available today, the Preterist view is the the worst and least beleivable of all of them.
    Abdicate likes this.
  6. I am afraid that Debate on such a heretical belief can not not be avoided my friend. When you post such a thinking you open the door for rebutal because most here on this site are not going to just stand by and allow such erroneouse Bible teaching to go unchallenged.
    Abdicate likes this.
  7. Robby, I would say that your interpretation of Ephesians 2:6-7 is very suspect in that you are looking at it through the eyes of a false doctrine of Preterism.

God has lifted us out of a spiritual graveyard. Our present position is that He has "raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus".

SOMEDAY we as the church of believers will be on display. Angels will go by and say...there is that beautiful bride of the Lord Jesus, the Chuirch of Believers.

The fact of the Scriptures is that when the Rapture takes place.....an uncountable number of believers will be translated without pysical death.
  8. Hi There,

Can you guys not help yourself? Go open another thread to debate the issue and stop trying to hi-jack mine. I am well aware of what futurist theology is all about and it's heretical to me. Nevertheless, leave my post be to us Preterists and those seeking to understand what "audience relevance" is all about.

God Bless.
  9. Wow! Did I hit a nerve... I didn't see a "Do Not Welcome" sign... I'd call this part of the "study" of your op. The birth of Israel really must mess up your theology then.
    LanceA and Major say Amen and like this.
  10. NO!

This is not a Preterists web site! It is a CHRISTIAN forum web site!

YOU posted on CFS a theology which most people do not accept. I love you and have no concern with you as a believer whatsoever.

However. If you think you are going to waltz onto a site, being new and post whatever you choose and think that people are going to allow you to post whatever you think without debate.......it is just not going to happen my brother.
    LanceA likes this.
  11. hi,
    Eph 2....." . Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good work...

to me the context has nothing to do with ruling anything,
    it is talking about salvation.
    Major likes this.
  12. Well I am seeing that the clamor of your fellows is certainly deafening...not.
    The attitude you are displaying can hardly be seen to honor Christ, and it is appealing to a minority readership...so far, and well look; this here is post #12 and not a voice raised in support of your ideas. Is that telling you something?
    Why not start your own forum where only preterists may post...that would give you the harmony you seek would not it?
    Major and LanceA say Amen and like this.
  13. Well said brother!
  14. Who here is a Preterist in these forums?
  15. Not I
    Major likes this.
  16. Can you not help YOURSELF?

Preterism is a perfect example of twisting unrelated scripture to pursue an agenda.

Our Lord has not returned (obvious), the New Jerusalem is not there (obvious).
    How can you have your eyes open and yet believe all that tripe?
    Major and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  17. Just the op I guess.
    Major likes this.