Fulfilled Prophecies

Good one...

What about................

Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel's King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah's death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion as seen in Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10.

Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead.

Bingo!

What about................

Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel's King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah's death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion as seen in Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10.

Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead.

Bingo!

Did you know about the medical researchers that confirmed this story means He was really dead? This is important becuse since a non-Christian source validates He was really dead and the Tomb was empty...this speaks volumes

Guess not so let it be closed....I thought if we posted a collection of these it might be useful to younger or less informed brothers and sisters to strengthen their faith AND be a useful apologetic tool they could draw from...

brother Paul

Guess not so let it be closed....I thought if we posted a collection of these it might be useful to younger or less informed brothers and sisters to strengthen their faith AND be a useful apologetic tool they could draw from...

brother Paul

Hey..........I thought it was a wonderful idea.

I am sure that as time goes on, others will add to it!!!!

What? I still want more. How does mentioning the shroud cancel that? I wasn't trying to change the topic!

Have any of you looked at cause and effect of this verse:

Genesis 12:3a (KJV)
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee...

What? I still want more. How does mentioning the shroud cancel that? I wasn't trying to change the topic!

OK............here you go!

The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.

Ezekiel 26 tells us

3 Therefore thus says the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea cause his waves to come up.

4 And they shall destroy the walls of Tyre, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock.

5 It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea: for I have spoken it, says the Lord God: and it shall become a spoil to the nations.

Now first it was attacked (a grand Phoenician city) and toppled by Nebuchadzezzar. He massacred all except for around 100 or so that escaped to an island fortress off their coast (then about a half mile out into the Mediterranean).

Centuries later, Alexander the Great fulfilled more of the prophecy. He had no navy so he had his armies physically build a causeway from the remains of the shattered never re-inhabited city all the way to the Island (his architect was named Diades)…scientists estimate they used millions of cubic feet of left over rubble…as a result Tyre was “scraped bare”…to this day Tyre has never been rebuilt. It literally became a place where fishermen dried their nets…

Back