Fresh As A Daisy!

Euphemia

Account Closed
Fresh As A Daisy!

1 Peter 1:24-25 NLT

As the Scriptures say,

“People are like grass;
their beauty is like a flower in the field.
The grass withers and the flower fades.
But the word of the Lord remains forever.”

And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

GerberaDaisies.jpg

Ahh, the Word of the Lord stands forever…the steady stream of spiritual food we sheep may continually graze on!

How many metaphors has God used for His people? I love the likening to sheep, and He our Shepherd! Now, here we are portrayed akin to grass! We are precious and beautiful to God. We light up the field with our flower in our exuberant youth, but as the grass bends and dries with age, and the flower droops and falls in its season, we too age and wither---and arrive at our own biological end.

What a comfort to know that the Word of the Lord endures! Every promise God has ever made to His people STANDS today! We can count on Him! Therefore, every word He speaks about our life after physical death is the truth! Believe it. The Good News of Jesus Christ is the power that will take us from our deflowered state and will usher us into the Kingdom---renewed, vigorous and alive---forever! Fresh as a daisy!

Let’s determine to follow hard after Jesus, to live our lives so that as we come to that point of our own waning in life that we will remain strong in Him nonetheless---mature and ready, and anticipating harvest---when He reaps us as a ripe fruit of His vine!

Jesus, I know that I want to walk out of this plane and into the next with You holding my hand! I am so blessed that you consider us beautiful---as flowers! Thank You, Lord for loving us finite beings enough to gift us with life forever! Thank You for the Good News of Your sacrifice for us, for the new life you give, and for an eternal home with You!

Back