1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Staff Announcements' started by Pastor Gary, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Forum LAG TIME

Logged on at 04:22 AM CST and logged off at 04:42 AM or so - Saturday Dec. 09 and noticed extreme page load times - averaging 40 to 50 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this lag at other times throughout the day?

It is not at my end because I verified my connect speed at 4.87 mb/sec -

Just curious as to traffic in and out of the server that this forum is hosted by and any issues that they may be having...
  2. I have noticed this Pastor Gary, has this been happening for some time now? How long have you been experiencing this?

I've emailed the hosting company and I am waiting for a reply.
  3. Just a couple of days, Jeff, but at 04:30 hours, this should not be occurring UNLESS that is the time of day (or early morning) that they do server maintenance???
  4. They said that it might have been a runaway script or minor ddos attack and thay they rebooted the server.

How is it now? Any change? :blush02: Its faster for me.
  5. Seems just fine this morning, Jeff...

Page loads for me here now are less than a second, as it was early on.
  6. From 12:25 to 15:05 hrs CST 13 December 2006 -

Tried on a couple of occasions to log in... page load times were in excess of 2 minutes again. It took 7 1/2 minutes for me to log in, check for new PM's and log out... normally a 30 second procedure.
  7. Thanks Pastor Gary, I'll try find a solution to the frequent lag times. :)