Forgiving

Just got the parable if the unforgiving servant in matt 18.

Forgiving people who harm us, physically or mentally, seems nigh on Impossible.

God is holy and perfect and we have sinned against Him.
in comparison to God, we are insignificant.

Its a case of realising that us sinning against God, is much worse than people sinning against us, as He is greater.
How much more do we need to forgive our debtors.

Definitely easier said than done though šŸ¤”

After prayerful meditation over the last few months, I have come to believe that our failure to forgive is another manifestation of pride. We believe we have been wronged in some way. Whether it is correct and 'just' belief or not, failure to forgive is an attempt to keep ownership of the issue and reserve the judgement of it to ourselves.

Placing wrongs before our Lord and asking Him to heal our thoughts allows us to stop obsessing over our perceived slights.

After prayerful meditation over the last few months, I have come to believe that our failure to forgive is another manifestation of pride. We believe we have been wronged in some way. Whether it is correct and 'just' belief or not, failure to forgive is an attempt to keep ownership of the issue and reserve the judgement of it to ourselves.

Placing wrongs before our Lord and asking Him to heal our thoughts allows us to stop obsessing over our perceived slights.
What would you say to someone's who's been molested, raped and abused? I wouldn't say that would be pride at all.

Forgiveness is not for the offender, it is for the victim. It is the act of taking an offence to God our righteous judge and allowing Him to take the pain away.
It is not easy and is most often a process. I know women who were raised by abusive men and through prayer and faith in God have been released of that
abuse and mental damage that was done. They now say that their abuser no longer has any power over them. Jesus said if we don't forgive others of their
sins against us, neither will the Father forgive us of our sins.

Forgiveness is not for the offender, it is for the victim. It is the act of taking an offence to God our righteous judge and allowing Him to take the pain away.
It is not easy and is most often a process. I know women who were raised by abusive men and through prayer and faith in God have been released of that
abuse and mental damage that was done. They now say that their abuser no longer has any power over them. Jesus said if we don't forgive others of their
sins against us, neither will the Father forgive us of our sins.
Awesome response Dave F. ā¤ļø

ā¤ this

Whether it is correct and 'just' belief or not, failure to forgive is an attempt to keep ownership of the issue and reserve the judgement of it to ourselves.
I believe you are correct. I also believe that forgiveness comes in its own time. To forgive too quickly is to fail to properly process the harm done us. To forgive too slowly is to indulge our ego and inflate our own self importance. As with all things, timing matters.

What would you say to someone's who's been molested, raped and abused? I wouldn't say that would be pride at all.
With respect,

Someone that has been abused in such manner is likely to be thinking "How dare they attack ME? They have no right to do that to me".

The point is not whether the abuse was warranted. In the final assessment, it was God's law that was transgressed.

While we understand how hard it would be to forgive and would not care to further attack the abused by holding them to a standard of forgiveness, the healing of the abused is facilitated by the clearing of their heart.

As Christians, we are forgiven Christs being betrayed, mocked, wrongly convicted, pierced with a crown of thorns, whipped, nailed, hung to die of exposure, pierced with a sword, all because of who we each choose to be.

He endured all these things, not just for all (as a group), but for each, (individually). Our forgiveness of others should be a picture, however inadequate, of His forgiveness of each of us.

Hello brothers and sisters;

What I find so true about God is when someone has wronged me He sees everything from both sides. So how do I react? At times it's very hard to forgive and I'll confess this to God.

Choose Life, I choose God and will forgive the other and allow Him to take me through the process of healing. What matters is I forgave them and allow God to work through both.

The process of healing releases the baggage within allowing me to get back into the heart of serving God.

God bless everyone in this topic.

Back