Forgiveness

Forgiveness

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] "O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth. You have set your glory above the heavens."
(Psalm 8:1)

Again and again, in the Book of Psalms, we read the words of King David, uttering praises to God, declaring his love for Him and proclaiming the power, majesty and glory of His name. Then, all it took was the sight of another man’s wife for him to turn from that love by arranging for the death of her husband and taking her for himself.
Despite David’s transgressions, God did not forsake him, but sent the Prophet Nathan to confront him. David quickly acknowledged his sin and prayed: "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love . . . Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin . . . Restore to me the joy of your salvation" (Psalm 51: 1, 2, 12).
God answered that prayer and restored him. David would later write: "O Lord . . . you have laid your hand upon me . . . If I rise on the wings of the dawn . . . even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast . . . For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:1, 5, 9, 10, 13, 14).
God sent Jesus Christ, His only-begotten Son, into this world on a mission of restoration, taking the punishment for our sin to the Cross, then conquering death by His resurrection, so that we might, fully and finally – and eternally – be redeemed and restored.
"No power outside, from the devil downward, can take us out of God’s hand; so long as we remain faithful, we are as eternally secure as God Himself."
(Oswald Chambers)

[/FONT]

Amen. Thanks for sharing. Just a question - where can I find the story of David? I want to learn more about him :)

Thanks Chili.... God's great mercy . If He can forgive David so many times and still love Him . How much more does He love us .... Beautiful Example . God's uncomditional love.

Spinning ... You can probably go to your local Christian Book Store and they would have it .

Too many times God's people will not acknowledge their sin. But when we are quick to repent God is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteouness. He's merciful and more forgiving than man is.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David quickly acknowledged his sin and prayed: "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love . . . Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin . . . Restore to me the joy of your salvation" (Psalm 51: 1, 2, 12).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God answered that prayer and restored him. [/FONT]

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Isaiah 57:15
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones

2 Corinthians 7:10 For(A) godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas(B) worldly grief produces death.

Back