1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Forgiveness Sets Us Free

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by Dusty, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Forgiveness Sets Us Free

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let
    yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery†(Galatians 5:1, NIV).

A Word From Billy Graham
    “Oh, the depth of God’s Grace! Oh, the height of God’s mercy, the breadth of
    God’s love, that He is willing to say to you and to me, ‘I forgive you. You will
    never have to face the judgment!’ When that gets through to you, you can go to
    bed and sleep a new kind of sleep. You will say to yourself, ‘I don’t deserve
    this kind of release. Surely I will have to face the music sometime.’ The full
    penalty has been paid. The Judge will never say, ‘I pronounce sentence on you,’
    because Christ has accepted that sentence for you. In Christ you are free.
    Accept it by faith and go your way rejoicing. When you know the truth, the truth
    shall make you free. How wonderful! Sin is no longer in the throne room of my
    life. Christ sits there, and as I daily, moment by moment, yield my members to
    Him, He orders my life. Satan no longer has the power over my life that he once
    had. Sin is no longer in command. Oh, to be sure, I slip and fall, but Christ is
    there to pick me up and to put His arm around me and to love me.â€

Forgiveness Sets Us Free
    “Forgiveness is more than leaving behind sin and its penalty. Forgiveness frees
    us to serve God, to relate to Him and to engage in the activities that He gives
    us the privilege to do with Him. To come to Jesus, seeking from God the
    forgiveness that Jesus has the authority to bestow, is to gain release from that
    which limits our ability to be what God created us to be. God longs to forgive
    us. If we do not know Him, we may come to Him seeking forgiveness. We may trust
    Him to give us release. He will do it; He has promised that He will. That is why
    He sent His Son to die in our place, to pay the penalty for our sin and to set
    the stage for our forgiveness. What more could God have done to show how much He
    wants us to turn to Him? Jesus showed that forgiveness from Him is available for
    the asking. Let us ask for that forgiveness and rejoice in getting to know our
    gracious Forgiver†(Darrell L. Bock).

Father, help us to find forgiveness in You. Teach us to live in the freedom that
    Your forgiveness provides us. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

2. His forgiveness is the fount in which I continually wash- thanks Dusty.
  3. repenting and changing gives you life.this is true.
  4. Amen..... Brothers, Larry and Michael.