Forgiveness of sins

Praise God for giving His Holy Word to His creation ( us ) .
Is there anything in His word that He does not want us ,His believers to understand.
He has written in His word "baptism " WHY ?
I have been told that it is not required !
Did God's word say that it is for the remission of sins or to wash away sins and not mean what He required .
Is "Acts" God's book of believers becoming His Church /the body of Christ ?
Please show scriptures that are not written to churches / believers that show how our sins are forgive without baptism.
God bless all who are willing to rightly divide His word !

Water baptism is a command for believers, but it is not a requirement for salvation. It is a symbol, just as the elements of communion are symbolic. When one is immersed and brought up out of the water, one is openly identifying with and partaking in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Romans 6:3-7
Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? 4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.

5 Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. 6 We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. 7 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.

If water was all we needed to wash our sins away, then Jesus didn't have to suffer the agony of the cross and the shedding of His precious blood---nor did the millions of animals need to shed their blood over centuries before as the foreshadowing of our wonderful Messiah.

Water baptism is a command for believers, but it is not a requirement for salvation. It is a symbol, just as the elements of communion are symbolic. When one is immersed and brought up out of the water, one is openly identifying with and partaking in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? 4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.

5 Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. 6 We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. 7 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.

If water was all we needed to wash our sins away, then Jesus didn't have to suffer the agony of the cross and the shedding of His precious blood---nor did the millions of animals need to shed their blood over centuries before as the foreshadowing of our wonderful Messiah.

I am a very simplistic thinking person and require a verse from God's word to prove what God's will is .If bapatism is required to have remittion of sins or to have my sins washef away .Please explain the difference of a command and a requirement?
Thanks for your post , please post the scriptures that you are using show your beliefs.

I am a very simplistic thinking person and require a verse from God's word to prove what God's will is .If bapatism is required to have remittion of sins or to have my sins washef away .Please explain the difference of a command and a requirement?
Thanks for your post , please post the scriptures that you are using show your beliefs.

Acts 10:43
43 He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name.”

Hebrews 9:22
22 In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

I do hope that I am wrong. However my experience over the years says that no matter what Scriptures you are shown, YOUR mind is actually already made up and it will not make any difference as to what you are shown.

The fact that you do not know the difference between a COMMAND and a REQUIREMENT speaks volumes to your question posed.
Instead of the normal back and forth banter I suggest you look up the meaning of both in a dictionary or google the meaning and there you will have it.

Now, as for the necessity of baptism which is your agenda.
The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation.

Again, I do hope that I am wrong in this case.

Command - you are told to go do something
Requirement - for B to happen, A must be done
Christ has commanded us to be baptised, but a person "does not have to be baptised" for salvation.
The thief on the cross being a good example, or Moses or Elijah for that matter.
As a believer you should be baptised, as you have no reason not to follow Christ's command.

Command - you are told to go do something
Requirement - for B to happen, A must be done
Christ has commanded us to be baptised, but a person "does not have to be baptised" for salvation.
The thief on the cross being a good example, or Moses or Elijah for that matter.
As a believer you should be baptised, as you have no reason not to follow Christ's command.

And we are in complete agreement!

All of you are showing the signs of understanding the will of God.
Thanks for your posts.
I want to say that if God requires / commands anything as all of you have agreed it must be done to do all of his will.
Thanks again for your agreement on the subject.
P.S . Was Christ crucified under the law of Moses or under the new testament gospel dispensation?
The thief on the cross was forgiven before Christ died for the new testament dispensation.
Someone must die to change the covenant.
Christ died to change the covenant.
God bless all who are looking for the truth of God's will.

You're right sin cannot enter into Heaven, But Christians are without sin because the blood of Jesus cleanses us of ALL sin.

The bible says that by grace we have been saved, and not of our own works lest any man should boast. This is not giving us the freedom to go out on a sinning rampage, but if we do sin we have an advocate with the Father.

There is a difference between accidental sin, and living in sin. We as Christians are to avoid living in sin.

Works comes only after faith, it does not save us alone, but we will be known by the fruit we bare.

The only way to get saved is through Christ, by calling upon Him for Salvation.
You can be baptized, but its not a requirement for Salvation.

Let me add on the last about baptism, I agree its not a requirement , but a commandment as you're told you should do it.

I remember when I was baptized in December of last year, I was saved many years prior , BUT I still felt different! I felt complete!

If you're not baptized, you should do it, you'll never regret or forget that awesome experience.

Rom 4:
1 ¶ What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?
2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.
3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.
Please read what Abraham did by faith .
I am convinced Abraham did not consider moving to a far country as works or trying to sacrifice his only son a work.It was by FAITH that he did what God required him to do.

God only ask you to do His. ( Will , Commands, Requirements ) . When we do what He requires us to do is not considered works it is obeying the ( will, commands,requirements ) of God .
You think that we should meet with saints and study The Lord's scriptures ,I would consider these works if I did not believe that they were ( will,commandments, requirements ) of God .
I am no longer going to respond to this post .
I am going to start a new Thread and am asking for the posters to stay on the format as the rules of this site has posted are required .
I praise God for His word and all those who how are Truly searching Gods word to find the Truth .

Absolutely correct!

Let me ask you this when was Gen 15:6 fulfilled for Abraham.

Here's Gen 15:5,6 "Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be. And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness."

Was that fulfilled right then in Gen 15:6, Abraham being reckoned righteous PRIOR to him do something, as Paul indicates in Rom 4 as I noted above.

OR was Gen 15:6 not fulfilled until Abraham offered Isaac in Gen 22 as James says in James 2?

Hello Steve! Missed you. Are you back to stay for awhile????

Please read what Abraham did by faith .
I am convinced Abraham did not consider moving to a far country as works or trying to sacrifice his only son a work.It was by FAITH that he did what God required him to do.

God only ask you to do His. ( Will , Commands, Requirements ) . When we do what He requires us to do is not considered works it is obeying the ( will, commands,requirements ) of God .
You think that we should meet with saints and study The Lord's scriptures ,I would consider these works if I did not believe that they were ( will,commandments, requirements ) of God .
I am no longer going to respond to this post .
I am going to start a new Thread and am asking for the posters to stay on the format as the rules of this site has posted are required .
I praise God for His word and all those who how are Truly searching Gods word to find the Truth .

Now that is confusing. In your 2nd post which was #6 you said..............
"It seems as though baptism must have been required in order to have our sins forgiven and to be added to Christ's church."

Your agenda from the beginning was that baptism is essential to being saved. When I read back through the remarks of others it seems that they (We) disagree with your opinion and every one did in fact follow the rules...........but did not agree with you.

So because of that you are taking your toys and going home????

Back