Forgive To Be Forgiven

Am i just weird?
i've been reading this thread for a few days and over and over i've read how difficult forgiving others can be.
The bible makes clear it isn't optional, but more than that it is inevitable in Christ!
i've never had problem forgiving and i've never held a grudge that i can remember.
i long for reconciliation and restoration in every relationship.
i was severely abused as a child and hold no ill will or resentment for those who abused me.
i've been angry, hurt, jealous etc, but it's always been fleeting and this has been the case since i was a child and
has become even more so as i've grown.
i made a lot of poor choices and suffered a great deal of consequences as a result, but i still have NO IDEA of the depths of God's forgiveness for my sins and transgressions, but even those i remember is enough for me to KNOW that if God can forgive me, who am i to not forgive others and i praise God for showing me that he who loves little has been forgiven (by their own estimation) little, and he who loves much has been forgiven (by their own estimation) much, loves much.
i think the problem is we have a tendency to compare our sins with the sins of others, rather than the fact that ONE SIN of any kind separates us from God and not forgiving puts us in the JUDGMENT seat, which belongs to the ONLY JUDGE, that is Jesus Christ the Righteous, who will judge all things and He will judge those who judge to the same extent they have chosen to judge others.
Jesus said; By your own words you will either be justified or condemned.
So if we say we believe this book, we'd better be sure we're allowing for His Spirit to obey it, especially in this matter of forgiveness, as it is the epitome of grace and has been shown to all and is the only means of salvation.
Jesus didn't die so we could have better lives, but so that He could be our life!

Excellant my friend....I agree!

Nice to have you here.

All throughout scripture God asks people to do things that make absolutely NO SENSE in the flesh/logical mind whatsoever in both the ot and the nt.

March around a wall once a day for 6 days then on the 7th march around it 7 times then blow the horn.
Go wash in the pool of saloam to receive your sight.
Wash in the Jordan 7 times to be healed of leprosy.
Make me a cake with ALL THE FOOD YOU HAVE LEFT, then make you and your son something to eat.
Throw a branch in bitter water to make it sweet.
Strike the rock to get water.

The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Blessings

Think about......FAITH and OBEDIENACE.

And yet, he had Judas betray His son, at His Son's command,
and hardened Pharaoh's heart to make sure he did bad so that he would have them chase the Jewish people from Egypt.

And he had me respond to your comment.

Would you call that "not real forgiveness"?
God never asks anyone to do stupid things. I would call that being wise enough to know your mother's limits.

Thanks, guys. :cool:
There surely have been many times that the Lord asked us to do something that looked like foolishness to the flesh. And if we hadn't tried to obey in at least 2 of those times, we wouldn't have been blessed with our 2 youngest children. :) For 3 years we waved our checkbook at the sky and told Him He must be mistaken about our next-to-last daughter...riiight--God's making the mistake! :rolleyes: Shortly after she was conceived I was having almost a panic attack driving to the grocery store worried we had it wrong, and on the radio came Insight for Living (with Chuck Swindoll?) and Chuck started talking about God loving to call His people to do something those outside the household of faith would call crazy, and how the Lord derives great joy from seeing His people step out in obedience in faith in Him. I don't know what you know of Mr. Swindoll, but this was not his typical teaching. He doesn't know (yet) how the Lord used him to bless me that day. :) Our little girl will be 20 this Saturday. ♥

And yet, he had Judas betray His son, at His Son's command,
and hardened Pharaoh's heart to make sure he did bad so that he would have them chase the Jewish people from Egypt.

And he had me respond to your comment.

I'm confident that had the Lord wished for me to ask my mom to care for my kids, He would have gotten the message across, just as He did in those times. :)

Jesus didn't die so we could have better lives, but so that He could be our life!
Exactly. If only the "name it and claim it" crowd could grasp that.
If you look through history, many of God's best servants had absolutely terrible lives
from the worldly point of view.
1Pe 2:21 for to this ye were called, because Christ also did suffer for you, leaving to you an example, that ye may follow his steps,
2 Timothy 3:12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

1Pe 2:21 for to this ye were called, because Christ also did suffer for you, leaving to you an example, that ye may follow his steps,
2 Timothy 3:12Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

giving no cause for offense in anything, so that the ministry will not be discredited, but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses, in beatings, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in hunger, in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love, in the word of truth, in the power of God; by the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and the left, by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report; regarded as deceivers and yet true; as unknown yet well-known, as dying yet behold, we live; as punished yet not put to death, as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet making many rich, as having nothing yet possessing all things. 2 Corinthians 6:3-10

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions. Col.1:24

:) We have the verse you quote from 1 Peter on our refrigerator.

giving no cause for offense in anything, so that the ministry will not be discredited, but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses, in beatings, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in hunger, in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love, in the word of truth, in the power of God; by the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and the left, by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report; regarded as deceivers and yet true; as unknown yet well-known, as dying yet behold, we live; as punished yet not put to death, as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet making many rich, as having nothing yet possessing all things. 2 Corinthians 6:3-10

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions. Col.1:24

:) We have the verse you quote from 1 Peter on our refrigerator.
thank you for posting that. I really needed to hear(read) that. I used to fall asleep listening to the bible on my IPOD. One night I had a dream that I was outside on a sunny day and there were people gathered at a park and there was a man speaking to the crowd and they were all listening so intently. I was having a conversation with a friend and he just couldn't maintain the conversation because kept listening to the speaker as he was trying to talk to me. He finally said "I'm sorry but that guy is saying such astounding things" and he looked on in awe. I too turned to watch and listen. I smiled as I listened and was in awe how he spoke with such surity and authority but had no need to yell. No need to be dramatic. I remember such a wonderful filling of well-being as he spoke.
All from hearing the Word in my sleep. The right verse at the right time you quoted........at least for me THANKS again.

Back