Follow Jesus, Not Humans

Verse of the day
Hebrews 5:7

During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

Hebrews 5:7

Jesus knows how to pray better than anyone. To learn how to better pray, Jesus is the best one to study. Everything He did when He walked the earth was to set an example for us. Lord, I am so thankful that You came not only to die for us so that we may be saved, but You set the perfect example for us to follow so that we know how to please You!!! Thank You, Lord!!! Hallelujah!! I want to be like YOU!!! The Bible is full of great examples, but they were all sinners and fell short; none of them were perfect. May Your church be full of people who follow You and copy YOU and not other humans…even godly ones. When we copy others and seek to be like them, it is easy to worship them like idols and it risks us not becoming who you want US to be. You don’t want us to be like anyone else. When we follow YOU, You will show us who You want US to be and what OUR callings are. Lord, I pray that You will lead me and show me who I am in Christ and what exactly You created ME for. May I never idolize humans ever again like I did for years. I don’t want to be like them. I want to be like You! Also, in every case where I idolized humans and wanted to be like them, You ended up showing me why I shouldn’t want that. Point taken. Humans are imperfect and they all fail. You were here for the purpose of giving us THE example to follow. Humans will lead us to worship idols and become something we are not. We will also run the risk of adopting some habits and traditions and beliefs that are not biblical. When we follow You, we will not stray from the pure Gospel.

'Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. '

Matthew 10:1

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MAT.10.1

Amen!! We have this same authority. We do not use it nearly enough. Lord, thank You so much for giving us this authority and I pray that You will help me to make use of this authority, especially in my family.

'These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. “Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts— no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep. Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household! “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”'

Matthew 10:5-42

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MAT.10.5-42

Jesus told the disciples to go to the lost sheep of Israel to proclaim the Good News. It did not say to just hang out with other Christians. Church is not to be a club for saints, but a place of growth and support. We are an army of God with a mission of building His Kingdom. Yes, we are to fellowship with one another and be like family, but that is not the end result. We are to be a family that works together to obey God and fulfill all our assignments and callings. It is also like a place of learning, though it should never come before our personal times with the Lord. In fact, everything we hear and learn in church should be measured with the Word of God as the standard because the church is full of imperfect humans. Even leaders make mistakes and sin. There are even some who are hypocrites, so we need to be careful that we are following God and not humans. Also, humans cannot tell us who we are in Christ and what our callings are; only the Lord can do that. We go to Him, our Commander, to receive our “marching orders”. We do not even decide for ourselves what we think needs to be done. That is ineffective and we will miss our assignments if we do that. Humans can be a source of guidance, but not THE Source. Every helpful advice we receive should be taken before the Lord to make sure that is indeed what He wills.

We are to proclaim that the Kingdom of Heaven is near and urge people to repent and turn to Him via the true unadulterated Gospel. We are to exercise our God-given authority to cast out demons and through God’s power, heal the sick and perform miracles. To HIM be all the Glory for the miracles, signs, and wonders He does through us and in our midst. The Word also tells us that if some reject us and will not listen to what we say, we are to shake the dust off our feet and go somewhere else where God leads us to go. The Lord also said that our peace returns to us, and His judgement is on that place like it was with Sodom and Gomorrah. That is because in rejecting us and the message we bring, they are rejecting HIM. He sends us out like sheep among wolves. We are to be shrewd (having sharp powers of judgement; astute; discernment) as snakes and innocent as doves. The Holy Spirit will give us the words to speak to others who come against us, even with false accusations or with rebuttals to the message of the Kingdom. We don’t have to be afraid of them because we are surrounded by angel armies. No matter how big Goliath may be, God is much greater, more powerful, and sovereign. NO giant can stand against God. With God, all giants must fall. With God, David was able to fell Goliath with just a small stone! All it takes is strong faith/ confidence in the Lord God Almighty!! Hallelujah!!!

Jesus warned us that we will be hated by everyone because of Him, even possibly our own family. The ones who endure all of this to the end will be saved. Everything we go through for His sake is building up our treasures in Heaven. It will ALL be worth it!! Jesus also said that when we are persecuted in one place, to flee to another. Persecutions serves to advance the Gospel in this way if we do not give up! Jesus also reminds us here that He was called Beelzebub, so we can be sure that there will be people to accuse us of serving the Devil as well. If so, we can take comfort from these words that Jesus Himself was accused of such. We do not have to let this discourage us or cause us to feel like we have failed and should give up. This is not a death sentence, nor does it make us unable to be used by Him by destroying our testimony. No weapon formed against us shall prosper because God has our backs. Goliath WILL fall!! The Lord also encourages us that we do not have to be afraid of them because there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known. In His own perfect timing, God will expose the enemy’s deeds, plans, and schemes. God will take care of them, so we need not worry about that.

We are also to proclaim whatever God speaks to us in our own private times with Him publicly and not be afraid of what others might do to us. We are heavily protected by God. We are backed by angel armies. If we are ashamed of Him and neglect to speak what He gives us to speak (or write) or do what He tells us to do because we are embarrassed, He will be ashamed of us. We should not fear being rejected by anyone or care what they think. We should only care what the Lord thinks, not loving anyone more than Him. He also encourages us that anyone who accepts us and welcomes us, welcomes Him and will be rewarded for doing so. Wow! He will contend with those who contend with us and fight against those who fight against us, when we are following Him.

Jesus knows how to pray better than anyone. To learn how to better pray, Jesus is the best one to study. Everything He did when He walked the earth was to set an example for us. Lord, I am so thankful that You came not only to die for us so that we may be saved, but You set the perfect example for us to follow so that we know how to please You!!! Thank You, Lord!!! Hallelujah!! I want to be like YOU!!! The Bible is full of great examples, but they were all sinners and fell short; none of them were perfect. May Your church be full of people who follow You and copy YOU and not other humans…even godly ones. When we copy others and seek to be like them, it is easy to worship them like idols and it risks us not becoming who you want US to be. You don’t want us to be like anyone else. When we follow YOU, You will show us who You want US to be and what OUR callings are. Lord, I pray that You will lead me and show me who I am in Christ and what exactly You created ME for. May I never idolize humans ever again like I did for years. I don’t want to be like them. I want to be like You! Also, in every case where I idolized humans and wanted to be like them, You ended up showing me why I shouldn’t want that. Point taken. Humans are imperfect and they all fail. You were here for the purpose of giving us THE example to follow. Humans will lead us to worship idols and become something we are not. We will also run the risk of adopting some habits and traditions and beliefs that are not biblical. When we follow You, we will not stray from the pure Gospel.
Hello my dear sister....

I couldn't read all of your post because my brain can't take in too much information... however... I did read THIS!!!!!!
What a beautiful commentary you have written. I can tell it is a heart-felt confession of sorts.... those are Jesus' favourite kind. :)
Happy Sunday to you and may you find PEACE and JOY as you walk through this next week.

Hello my dear sister....

I couldn't read all of your post because my brain can't take in too much information... however... I did read THIS!!!!!!
What a beautiful commentary you have written. I can tell it is a heart-felt confession of sorts.... those are Jesus' favourite kind. :)
Happy Sunday to you and may you find PEACE and JOY as you walk through this next week.
Thank you so much! Blessings to you in this coming week as well! :)

Good morning, Lovekr07;

Thank you for sharing, Follow Jesus, Not Humans.

I received a text this morning from the wife of her late husband who passed last year in January. He was the Senior Pastor of a long standing Church in NW India. He was also a former member here at Christian Forum Site. I didn't learn until earlier this month that before his passing he ordained a younger minister, a
Paul to Timothy training. The new Pastor has been shepherding the Church for a year now so she was able to take a break and travel here to be with her son for two months.

Despite her husband who is with the Lord now, she continues sharing the Gospel, first by staying with her son and reconnecting their relationship. She will also meet with my wife and me so we can catch up and then introduce her to our Church family including a young minister and his wife whose father and ministry is 40 miles from where her Church is in India.

Pastor and I partnered for 11 years between our Church families. He and his wife are great friends and our brother and sister in Christ. She misses her husband but knowing he is with the Lord, she can continue the ministry of reaching others for Christ.

Please pray for
Daisy and her son Frank, and their continued ministry for the Kingdom.

God bless
you, sister, and your family.

Good morning, Lovekr07;

Thank you for sharing, Follow Jesus, Not Humans.

I received a text this morning from the wife of her late husband who passed last year in January. He was the Senior Pastor of a long standing Church in NW India. He was also a former member here at Christian Forum Site. I didn't learn until earlier this month that before his passing he ordained a younger minister, a
Paul to Timothy training. The new Pastor has been shepherding the Church for a year now so she was able to take a break and travel here to be with her son for two months.

Despite her husband who is with the Lord now, she continues sharing the Gospel, first by staying with her son and reconnecting their relationship. She will also meet with my wife and me so we can catch up and then introduce her to our Church family including a young minister and his wife whose father and ministry is 40 miles from where her Church is in India.

Pastor and I partnered for 11 years between our Church families. He and his wife are great friends and our brother and sister in Christ. She misses her husband but knowing he is with the Lord, she can continue the ministry of reaching others for Christ.

Please pray for
Daisy and her son Frank, and their continued ministry for the Kingdom.

God bless
you, sister, and your family.
Absolutely! Praying now!

Back